Side News

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by huangkwokhau, May 11, 2010.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I agree with limsy. Mia Audina and Erin Hakinen look like sisters.

2. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Reported by Bola,

Mia Audia is ready to come back,
    she will play under KLRC and stay in Kuala Lumpur after contract agreement.
    Mia is recruited KLRC via her friend Lotte Jonathan, Lotte wants Mia to play together until London Olympics 2012.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Wow, nice to hear that!:)

4. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

haha, almost all the independent players join KLRC. :D Wow, their target is the OG 2012, nice one. I hope the OG2012 give them motivation. :D

5. Rahayu

Rahayu Regular Member

immigration officer
    wang chen play mia audina retired!wang chen retired mia audina com back!bring back wang chen to me! I want them play together..

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..or maybe erin_hakkinen looks like mia??..but, yes, in a quick glance, both look similar..

7. miksss

miksss Regular Member

So far, didnt see any signs of Mia Audina wanna comeback :crying: hopefully Mia will comeback soon and playing in international tourney :)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

2012 Thomas & Uber Cup goes to Wuhan, China

..(i don't know if this news has been posted or not)..
    CHN gets awarded another team event, this time the 2012 Thomas & Uber Cup which will be held in Wuhan, CHN...
    Yes, i can feel the CHN's Uber Cup team salivating at a chance to redeem themselves..

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=49586
    ======================================================
    Wuhan to host 2012 Thomas and Uber Cup Finals

Friday, June 03, 2011 - Badminton World Federation

The 2012 Thomas and Uber Cup Finals will be back on Chinese soil after a decade since the city of Guangzhou hosted the 2002 edition of the championships.

Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in the People’s Republic of China, has been named the host city for the prestigious biennial team championships.

The Thomas Cup and Uber Cup Finals 2012 will take place on 20-27 May 2012.

"I would like to congratulate the city of Wuhan on its election as the host city of the 2012 Thomas Cup and Uber Cup Finals,” said BWF President Dr Kang Young Joong.

"The members of the BWF Council were impressed by the strong bid and presentation by the city of Wuhan which showcased the city’s superb facilities to host a world class event like the Finals.

"They have shown that they also have the logistical support and facilities to deliver this event.

"Besides its vast experience in hosting major sporting events, the strength of Wuhan’s bid to host the 2012 edition of the Thomas and Uber Cups lies in their demonstrated willingness to leverage on this event to develop badminton on a global level by offering training programmes to BWF Member Associations.

Hubei also has a strong badminton culture and is the home of former greats like Han Aiping, Tian Bingyi, Gao Ling, Wei Yili and reigning world number ones Zhao Yunlei (in mixed doubles) and Wang Xiaoli (in women’s doubles).

"I would like to thank BWF for the trust and confidence in the Chinese BA to host the 2012 Thomas & Uber Cup Finals. Thanks to the strong bid from Wuhan delegation, we are honored to be awarded the hosting right by the BWF,” said Chinese BA Deputy Secretary General Hu Xuebing.

"Wuhan is an energetic city, a commercial centre of finance, industry, trade and science, and with many international companies located here. Since Wuhan has hosted many international sport events, I am sure they will deliver us a world class event next year.”

Hubei Provincial Sports Bureau Deputy Director Zhang Jin said Wuhan will ensure an unforgettable badminton experience for the teams, officials as well as fans.

"We have the facilities, we have the expertise and we will ensure a successful tournament,” said Zhang.

Two bids were received – from Chinese Badminton Association and Indonesia Badminton Association – by the BWF for the hosting right of the Thomas Cup & Uber Cup Finals 2012.

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Reading some old posts while not much is going on at the moment.

2010 World Champ came and gone,
    2010 Asian Games came and gone, and
    2011 World Champ and gone as well.

ture champion? i guess we have to wait for a few more years until everyone retried.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Wow, you're so hardworking reading those old posts and reply back to em..;)
    Salute to you:D