Singapore Badminton Open 2008: Day 6, Sunday June 15th (Finals)

Discussion in 'Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008' started by chris-ccc, Jun 14, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

:D, now only you come with your coolants.
    Actually tehsham made an interesting statement. I've noticed the new Sports Minister have been quiet abt the RM1 mil since his appointment in March. And the RM1 mil proposed was supposed to come from both private & government.
    This new Sports Minister doesnt seem to be big on it. So, wouldnt be surprised if it ends up less. Anyway, let's see if they win 1st

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    LCW vs SS was the only match I saw today. I thought LCW started off slowly, too slowly - perhaps too much expectation producing nerves? Although he pulled off some great shots and showmanship, I'd hestitate to call it an "efficient" performance.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    then would that make 'some' easterners more expressive?;)

#643 cooler, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    actually i just woke up and came to bf and saw all these 'expressive' posts by LCW's fans:D

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

As oldhand said, expressiveness is not defined by geography ;)

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think Simon didn't play well in the 2nd game, making too many simple mistakes, until 0:15 and he indeed had no hope at all. That said, even if Simon did everything right, it is hard for him to get more than 10 points. :cool:

IMHO, starting from French Open last year, LCW is getting better and better at reading his opponents' moves. This combined with his superb speed, his opponents are doomed.

7. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Some BCers may say LCW's win over SS is "nothing big deal","nothing to shot about","the top gund were not here in SO","SS is not at LCW's league"......

A win is a win...LCW has won it in convincing style...It is always been not easy to win as top seed and favourites...especially in this SO where so many upsets and unexpected results occured.

The most importantly,LCW's victory showed that he is well-prepared in this whole tourney,as well as mentally and pyhsically.He did not take it for granted where all the top guns were absent.This is the spirit of sportmanship I most admire.:)

8. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    This victory, although within a crippled draw, shouldn't be decried as an easy one.
    If nothing, it's certainly a measure of what Lee Chong Wei can achieve ahead.

If he didn't have 'worthy opponents' at the Singapore Open, how could that be his fault? Should these worthies have wanted to challenge him, they could have walked in. After all:
    1. The Singapore tournament is an "open" event
    2. The prize-money is among the best on the circuit
    3. The line-judging is not, er, patriotically calibrated
    4. Singapore is a safe and exciting sporting environment

If his opposition chose to hide or stay away or not turn up or skip it or withdraw or take rest (call it whatever you want), why should that detract from the glaringly obvious fact that Lee Chong Wei is in top form? ;)

9. whatever

whatever Regular Member

whatever
    y

agree with u.. this dato always have the reasons to critic MAS player.:(

10. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Well, he also has the right to do so :)

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh yes, if you were at Istora Senayan during the TC/UC competitions. Win or lose, the Indonesian supporters would cheer, chant, sing and dance for their heroes and heroines. Senayan becomes a cauldron of electrifying noise and unabated excitement.

I don't suppose the Westerners can come close to that. :rolleyes::D

12. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Tine's cross court smashes were deadly. Even WMC's excellent defense couldnt take it. TR's game is getting more solid, together with her hammering smashes, she looks unbeatable right now. Now im convinced only a top-form XXF has the ability to beat Tine in OG. But XXF nvr produced her top game when the pressure is on.....

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Nothing beats Indonesian supporters. The closest feeling that i got to Istora.. you will be suprised.. its the Filipino Crowd in Philippines. Provided their heroes and heroine is on court. I can imagine if they have ranked players who is like the INAs and Msians. The environment will be electrifying and you can feel the positive energy/vibration flowing. No amount of Phiten's or Titanium products can match it.

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

CHN team strategy is very simple: They will maximise (in fact, they had) the number of entries for each category. Each of them (3 for each category for MS and WS) will clear the path for each other, or tired their opponents whenever facing their teamates the next round. If needed, LYB will "force" his player to march off with "fake injury" so that the favorable player will advance and eventually win the GOLD.

So, expect XXF, ZN and LL to square off with Tine. It will be 3 vs 1. The same goes for WS. CHN will hv LD, BCL and CJ will fence off LCW... so, 3 vs 1 again...

Isnt that simple? I aint Einstein :D But I still want LCW to win the GOLD for us... Msia Boleh...!!!

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    And also whether XXF can completely recover from her elbow 'injury' which was bandaged in ice after her UC victory in Jakarta.

However, I also hope TR will peak during the Beijing Olympics, not before, not after! :cool:

16. olympic

olympic Regular Member

Out of topic--learnt from today's newspaper,by the end of the day,RM116.7 mil had been reimbursed to the motorists for the fuel subsidy rebates.

Anyway,prize money is not the main concern.It is the nation's pride at stake.
    LCW will go all out to win the first ever gold for MAS.Nothing is more memorable than winning the country's first ever Olympic gold medal.OG gold...and history will remember him for long time.Hope to see that in Aug'08.:)

17. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Can we demand???? I think it more depend on how much money they can recover from the drain.

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

The only overconfidence exuded is by me not LCW, he is still talking about focusing and be not condescending to opponents. He is a real sport.

19. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Yup...Clark was quite sporting...apologizing for tapping into opponent's body.

but Donna has anger management problem ....stomping on a shuttlecock and willfully delaying of game..

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Wonder if it her the time of the month...hmmmm :rolleyes::rolleyes:;);)