Stringing job

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Howard, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    hey my string made his own string machine and i'm starting to doubt his string jobs,
    when i get my racqeuts back i don't know if the tensions are the same in each row because the strings is not straight when i get them back....there up and down crooked.....is that a bad thing because after a while of playing they become almost perfectly striaght but when i went o this other string named ken he strung it straight he's very good, good...is crooked string a bad thing?!?!!? who in calgary AB is a stringer besides Cooler?!?!? cooler is pretty far from me so i don' go to him:)

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hi howard, yes, i know ken.
    On the surface, I have seen his string job and he's above average.
    However i've never played with racquets strung by him before so i can't make a 100% conclusion about it. I think he likes 2 point pattern coz he want to save time. He told me 2 point pattern is better but he couldn't explain why.

One thing to watch for, last knowledge i have is that he has a bench top 2 point machine. what string did he used? I know he got lots of 66 and 70's to work off.

where do u play these days? i was at MRC several time this year and never saw u there. What racket u r using these days?

#2 cooler, Apr 28, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2003
  3. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    I play @ the village square leisure centre...its walk distance form my house so i play there:)...since your a stringer you think u could hekp me??!?!?! is it bad if the strings are not straight ?!?!? there not equal there wavy....i don't know if its goood fro the racquets...every one says he my stringer (not ken) doesn't string the croos at the same tensions E.G. 21 this row 22 the next??? is that bad....

oh i currently use at YY iso swing power SS...got it from laurence

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    wavy and crooked are loose terms. More important is that every string tension is consistent. Sound like u got someone from vlsc do the stringing. Yes, they can do them few dollars cheaper but it seem lotta guys in vlsc are stringer too;) There is not right or wrong tensions, as long as they strung at tension what u told them and the racquet doesn't have pinch point post stress.