Swiss Open 2007 - Day 6 (17 Mar) - Semi-final

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by suetyan, Mar 16, 2007.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Part of the factor...

...yes, stamina is not really an issue, it's part of it..And i noticed the match ended only in 38 min...But, IMO, age is;) ..Both pairs have similar playing style and esp. now with Rexy on the sidelines, he's able to give tips and instructions to his young charges..:p
    But with their age differences, KKK & TBH are a bit more quicker, stronger and of course have more gas in their tanks than their older opponents..And usually in rubber sets, most games will come down to stamina as one of the important factor, as mistakes/errors/unforced errors(lots of them) will be made..;)

#301 ctjcad, Mar 17, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  2. valen

valen Regular Member

Kwun, everyone is hoping tehre wud be a video to share....pls help us to source for it. THANKS!

3. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Saw the entire match on ASTRO. The 2 young boys were good but definitely not as sharp as they were last week at the All England, especially KKK. TBH is still very reliable and is able to put up some unexpected shots that made the winners.

During the second game, I was of the opinion that probably KKK tried a little too hard, his speed was definitely a little down and he was lifting the shuttle too much. Was wondering if it was over-confidence or fatigue.

Anyway, I'm glad they have proven themselves not to be the Malaysian shuttlers that we have come to know. The mental toughness is definitely there, and they prevailed.

Off course there were net winners and smash winners. But I think the Swiss Open TV coverage is not exactly sharp, when they show replays, they don't show the moments just preceeding the winner , but only show the stroke just b4 the shuttle hits the ground. Hmmmm.....

However, I personally think that today TG and CW played much better then the last they met. The 3rd set was maybe a matter of trying to wrap it up too fast and thus giving away too much.

4. junky

junky Regular Member

as u say..they juz exist a few month longer than KKK/TBH..so i might be the turning point for them in SO..

5. ixory

ixory Regular Member

Congratulation to KKK and TBH all the best in final...

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well, so far...

...KKK & TBH & Rexy are victorious when all 3 are present at the same time...That, we can be sure of;) :D :cool: ...Different story, though, when not all of them are present at the same time..;)

7. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Yeah, KKK/TBH won! Wish them all the best in tomorrow final.

8. jkDavid

jkDavid Regular Member

business
    coz they r so scare of malaysia pair...i told b4..n again remind u...:p ...

9. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Maybe they are the slowly warming up pairs and might make it to the top-10 in the future, but I doubt SO could be their turning point. They have a relatively easy draw this time round and their only real test was the qf where they beat the relatively inconsistent LJJ/HJM. From the way they play in SO, I think they have yet to develop the "winning instinct/skills" that KKK/TBH have right now.

10. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

KKK/TBH have taken out World Champs, All England champs, Olympic champs, and make it look like just another day at the office.

They didnt look like they were playing well in the 1st and 2nd sets, but suddenly in the 3rd set they just took complete control to destroy poor Tony and Chandra...:p

Definitely the BEST ever M'sian doubles pair!:D (even if they dont win the final)

11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Guys, wait a moment.... the other MD semifinals match is not played yet right? ML/JE is written off completely redi? :p

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Congratulations to KKK & TBH with their Fast Paced Badminton

Yes... can go to sleep now...

Congratulations to KKK & TBH for entertaining us with another Fast Paced Match.

13. jkDavid

jkDavid Regular Member

business
    KKK/TBH just try out new tactic in 2nd game....as they did again chinese pair n taiwan pair....that y they lost....they need to try out new style so they can play with many styles...this is very important for then in future....

14. shenron

shenron Regular Member

Here it is.....MD QF match between KKK/TBH vs CY/FHF.
    The link is http://www.sendspace.com/file/ohttpw. Enjoyzz!
    However, in the middle of the game, some idiots moved the angle of the
    camera, so only could see half of the court.

15. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Well, because someone predicted a scenario that Rian & Hian will be the SO champion, i.e., they will beat ML/JE tonight and then KKK/TBH on tomorrow, and therefore SO could be the pair's turning point. I just disagreed with the prediction, i.e., I believe there are two other more likely scenarios: (1) R & H will lose tonight (the most likely); (2) R & H will win tonight but lose tomorrow (second likely).

16. limtauyin

limtauyin New Member

Designer
  17. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The third set was an amazing display by the Malaysians. Candra/Tony were totally outplayed. KKK/TBH did not play as well as I am used to see them play, but suddenly, in the rubber, it just seems that they want to win.

The second set looks as if KKK/TBH wanted to practice their defence. They kept lifting the shuttle. But it changed in the third. Suddenly, the smashes were driven back or dropped. The Indons were rattled. After a huge deficit, the Indons seemed to give up, and that was the end, really.

18. jkDavid

jkDavid Regular Member

business
    Did u taken a piece of cake just now?:D .....CW/TG hand shaking just now...I saw it very cleary on astro...:p ..Anyway they still 1 of the best MD in the world....CW/sigit lagi best....

19. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

ep-
    Wow! Are you sure that they are already so good that they could afford to deliberately give up second games in order to gain more experience in handling the rubber games? Witnessing a pair that treats one after another world-class, much higher-ranked and more experienced pairs as their sparring partners who help them practising different strategies ... I'm speechless. It's possible but hard to believe also.

#319 Inky2000, Mar 17, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  20. jkDavid

jkDavid Regular Member

business
    Yup...coz swiss open not so prestige.....They need to try it n it doesn't work....coz it so important to have plenty styles....If not 1 day when other pairs know to break thru their style..they finish...This happened to cheah soon kit/soo beng kiang when rexy/ricky break their style after 1992 thomas cup....they finish.