The 64-bit Analysis of the AE Finals

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by X Ball, Mar 11, 2009.

1. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Perhaps the only "player" who can beat LD on his current form is none other than LYB. He just need to give the orders if CJ or BCL needs to improve on their ranking points (like AE07)...haha

For the other players, I think using a strategy of patience (ie clearin to the back court) is not a good idea with LD as he always comes out with a sudden killer smash, that even LCW with his incredible retrieving abilities cannot match. So I reckon you have to fight fire with fire, ie go on the attack from the word GO, provided you have sufficient stamina to sustainan all out attcking game. My 2 cents.

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    tempting thread title. 64-bit :D
    the analysis? like 8-bit only.

my 4-bit of comment.
    1. consistency- is a must. LD trained hard for this. every stroke, whether a smash, dropshot, etc.. accurate to the spot where he wants to be.
    2. mentally- strategy to overcome opponent. which strategy to use against which player. Chn team seems to have better in this term.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My 1-bit input..

..LCW brought his 16-bit game while Lin Dan brought his 32-bit game..
    Time for LCW to do an upgrade..;)

*X Ball, i thought i was gonna get a nice reading on all the Finals' matches?? Perhaps this thread's title should be renamed to "The 64-bit Analysis of the AE MS Final"..??..

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lcw is the only player left standing the longest that the bolehian can cheer about. Therefore, the MS final IS the AE tournament for them:D

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hehe, at least better than some country's players who hardly can advance to the 2nd round itself though:eek::(

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I am enjoying this, being called bias. The people who called me bias think LD is sacrosanct and if I dare make a comment, whether it is just an honest analysis, it is tantamount to a violation of sort.

Well, let me say further, LCW is sure to be fuelled by this loss and will want to exact his revenge in the near future. Take that, you people who cannot accept an opinion from others !:D

#46 X Ball, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

True, at least LCW fight for every rounds to the final with his own efforts and sweat.

Not like some one won a major title.....like AE with helps of their team manager :D:D

8. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hmm... I wonder if OG2008 or AE2009 gives LCW more fuel for his revenge. :p:p:p Sorry the bait was too tempting :p:p

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well, thanks for refreshing me -- maybe it should be a double whammy revenge.:D

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I believe anyone who watched the MS AE final will agree that LCW got a beating by a LD who was only playing at 70%. Well, a majority will agree as there are always a select few who will argue otherwise. They will bring into their argument everything under the sun i.e. LD had an easier SF, LYB fixed the SF between LD & CJ, LD has 3 months rest, LD is more popular amongst the girls etc etc etc.

Personally, after countless debates and run ins with the Boleh fans & their associates and what have nots, I believe we need to allow these Boleh fans to take home some sort of a consolation. And I see this thread created by XBall as a consolation.

Bro, lets give these Boleh fans an escape route so that they can do the Asian thing i.e. save face. As such, if they think the first set was close and LCW was just unlucky etc, I say allow them that. You know, Boleh fans have taken several severe beatings already. Remember they were super confident that LCW will win the OG gold, and what they saw in the end was LCW being made to look like a rookie by LD. And in the AE, it was another round of beating.

Let them or XBall have this consolation prize as the OG gold, WC (2) & AE (4) are all now on display in LD's trophy cabinet.

11. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Then,he decided to reduce it into 30 %? 40%? 50? when he play against the India player.
    What's his name again? The Bhat guy?
    What happen? lost one game to one 33rd seeded player?:eek:,
    He perhaps not familiar with this guy's style of game and kinda unable to read him. He better learn this lesson.
    LCW should be able to explore more on his own game and keep fighting to be at par with him, not continuously 'adores' ld's game.That's what Ld fans hoping LCW to do.
    So my point, as u mentioned, LCW may beat LD sometimes.We are trying to help LCW to make it happen more often.(Yes,help him by saying he's capable to win ). Don't say no to him.

Ld became world num 1 at the age of 20. Lee Chong Wei had just started by that time.
    Eventhough he's 26 and Ld's 25, you should know the gap of experience here.
    When Ld is better in handling pressure, i am not suprised.
    This is somehow, another weakness of LCW. Will he work on that? We hope.
    20 Years Old = WR1 -That strenghten the fact that Ld's an awesome player.
    For instance, he's the best but who can predict tommorow?

So, Dear Pemuda, Doubtness and Denial are not the issues.

When some Malaysians are trying to help LCW in terms of this, why it bother people so much?We did no harm to anyone.

So, for the Swiss Open, this analysis, no matter how 'bias' and 'poor' , should be able to provide him ways to improve and be better.

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    When I see LCW winning handle pressure I may believe this. I cannot see it though. LCW game relies on speed as he gets older he can only get worse. Nerves may get better but on this count these things are hard to lose and will always haunt.

The bottom line is he isn't good enough. This isn't a under 24 or "no experienced players allowed" this is real life top level badminton. You have to be up to it, no excuses.

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I've tried my best to not use the 'experience' factor in determining who's better than the other. It is not an argument.Merely a state of facts.It explained why LD is somehow better when it comes to cope with pressure.

When LCW is not able to be a better player, it's because he is not good enough.Aye.
    Just because LD plays better than him, does it mean he need to tell himself LD will win each time?
    The LCW fans here are being natural, try to help him as much as we can.
    There must be a way to beat a player that plays better than you, by playing better than him next time.The journey goes on.Until LCW himself say no.It's a full stop then.

*The same goes to kkk/tbh.Never stop supporting until they decided to stop playing.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

koo fan, sound like u rarely play badminton or only watching guys and fashion in tournaments. LD has his numbers on LCW, this doesn't mean he extend the same exertion level to all his opponents. U say if LD use 70% effort on lcw, therefore, LD needed very low effort level (ex. 25%) to beat a first rounder. It doesnt work like that. Go read Oldhand's post on tips to BAM.

#54 cooler, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

after repeatedly making wrong game analysis and outlook for LCW from those bolehians, i come to draw a suspicion that these hardcore bolehians didn't got the benefits from attending chinese schooling that u have talk about;):D It really baffles me how with all the readily available videos of LCW games, many game analysis by many posters here, they are still pounding on the same old rock.

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    He's almost get trash out by unknown players several times, in early round matches.
    Living out of the batch of professional players, my only assumption is he take it a little easy when he doesn't need to beat top seeded opponents.
    The other explanation is he's unfamiliar with their games.
    But, he is Ld.In the end, he won.

He decided to use 'very low effort level'.

17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    You know what's wrong with this?
    When others' implying the same issue with different perception, you have problem with that.
    Can we try to agree to disagree?

18. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Koo_fan, I am happy that LCW seems a very important player in badminton today, as so many people like to talk about him, so many people focus on him, ever since after Olympic and AE final...Even some hard core LD fans and hard core MAS bashers also spent whole week just to talk about him......I think LCW's popularity has gone up so much.....closing to LD now..good for him...;)

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yes, LD dropped one game against that Indian shuttler. He still beat the guy in the end.

Of course, LCW will beat LD one day. Like I said, 10 meetings, LD will take 7, plus all the major titles are in his bag already. As for LCW, the reality is he will be too old come OG 2012. He missed his best and last chance to win the AE this year. Now, the WC this year is his last and only chance to bag a major title.

We dont have to argue who is a better shuttler, we all know LD is miles ahead of LCW. LD is already a legend while LCW is just an above average shuttler slighty one category higher than the likes of Rashid Sidek.

Malaysians, I mean Malaysia Bolehians need to wake up and accept reality that there is no way a Proton can compete with the likes of Hondas, Toyotas, BMWs in the world market.

We have our little champion in LCW, our MS WR1 village champion. Lets just accept him as that and forget about those grand plans of winning our first OG gold in 2012 and etc.

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

Dear Pemuda,
    I have been following your posts for some time and I do believe some of your point is right, ie, KKK/TBH recent performances, KKK flamboyant kind of display, LCW mental toughness, KBH/HH wasting our tax money or even BAM/ coaches set-up. Most of our point of arguement is right. I believe Boleh fans can see that as well. But i am disappointed with your above posts
    moreover by a fellow Malaysian.
    I can see that most so called Boleh fans including me will keep on supporting our players no matter what the result is. We keep on support our players with the hope that one day, we will be able to nail one major titles, AE, OG or WC. The spirit is always there no matter how much beatings, bashings and humilations (as stated by you, i highlighted). What X-Ball did is part of his effort so that one day LCW can beat LD and win a major title. You can labelled us as Dreamers, like to boast when we won ayam brand titles or Johor GPs and take consolations....but X-Ball does not deserve this...