The most durable speed racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 11, 2023.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Not sure what you mean by that. I only had the 90KII for a couple of weeks, but personally, I found the feel, feedback and hitting sound of it to be really good. I just recently treated a clubmate's 90KII with a set of N65 and that soundtrack puts an instant smile on my face. :)

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  2. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Edited

#22 Vivek Bagadhi, Oct 12, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  3. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    I was doing a lot of research for my next purchase (serious GAS mode), mostly from YT videos and BC, and in one particular video regarding nf800 vs 90kii, the stringbed of the 90kii felt a bit muted in comparison to the nf800, both were strung at same tension with the same string, hence my speculation.

Regarding my purchase, I wanted the ARS100X so much but the overwhelming number of reports regarding the frame durability was a big turnoff for me. After a bit more lurking, I found the Mizuno Caliber S pro, which seemingly has the same swing weight (82 for 4U), and pulled the trigger on it. Eagerly awaiting its arrival.

And in the GAS mode also ordered the 88D pro 4U purely out of my 88D OG nostalgia. All incoming in Exbolt 65 at 28 (sadly no No 1 and D61 in India anymore, and XB65 is just too good at everything, leaving me with no choice)

4. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Gosh sir, here goes another GAS bullet (on its way)

kingsooji likes this.
  5. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Sadly I don't think I can find one in India

6. breuh

breuh New Member

can vouch for the bravesword line, my bs12se survived two clashes :)

7. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

I was going to nudge your GAS a little more by asking why not Ryuga II, then I realized topic of the thread.
    Shall await your reviews.

8. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    I have no love for head heavy models except the 88D( it was my first high end Yonex racquet, hence my affection). I was pretty gungho in the having the heaviest manoeuvrable racquet which cost me my technique in the initial phase of my badminton journey. Made me play stiffer until I found out that you need a pretty relaxed posture to generate the amount of power needed. The technique part was even more pronounced since I started playing after a long break. Hence the shift to even balance and head light racquets, which has been an eye opener and now I have no issues generating power from head light racquets. NF1000Game had the potential ( survived 3 times) but the racquet head is not stable at all, which is a given for the racquets belonging to that price category, maybe I expected more. Perfect for beginners but I wouldn't recommend it for players above that.

Coming back to the 90kii, sadly I have seen reports regarding durability issues especially made in china versions but fewer than the ginormous amounts on 100X. I don't expect racquets to survive clashes, but at the very least should survive after the string gives up as even my mighty 88D broke during a clash( it was pretty roughed up before).

I am also excited for the Mizuno Caliber S Pro, about to receive it today.

and I am GASsed out.

#28 Vivek Bagadhi, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    kingsooji likes this.
  9. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Well well speak of the devil. IMG_0142.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0137.jpeg
    IMG_0140.jpeg
    IMG_0139.jpeg

I am really happy about the head weight. The total weight might vary with my grip setup, but this is totally what I expected it to be. And surprisingly the swing has a very unique note at the end of the swing, never experienced this with any other racquet. Now its all about durability. Oh and Mizuno’s G5 is G6 of Yonex.

kingsooji likes this.
  10. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

Review please.
    :)

11. samaj

samaj New Member

Personally, I play with 90KII (3U) rackets (i bought 4 of them) and not one have broken