Two surgrip ?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by beno22, May 24, 2019.

1. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Hello
    I have a habit on my racquets victor 3U G5 JS 12 and ARS 90S to put two overgrips on the original grip, this configuration suits me.
    With the original grip and overgrip I find the handle too small.
    Do you think that two overgrips change the balance of the racket a lot, and that there is a solution when you want a thicker grip than a grip + overgrip.
    Thank you

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

You must have big hands. Putting on multiple grips don't really change how a racquet plays. As long as you feel comfortable holding it then it's fine.

3. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

I have normal hands, but it's the configuration that suits me best. With a single overgrip the racket was spinning in my hand at times. With two I'm comfortable, but I was afraid that it changes the balance a lot and that adds a lot of weight.

4. llrr

llrr Regular Member

It does add weight and it also changes the balance, but like I said this doesn't change how a racquet plays because it still has the same head weight.

5. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Thank you for your reply.
    Despite the extra weight I can not find my heavy rackets. I was especially scared that they become too much in the neck especially the ARS 90s.
    Could a grip replace my two overgrips and which one?
    Thank you

6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Do you find that you lose power when using two overgrips on top of the original grip? I'm asking because you say you have normal size hands, and with a G5 grip, you really shouldn't need to use two overgrips on top of the original grip. The reason the racquet may be spinning when you hit is because you're not tightening your grip correctly, which points to a technique issue. There's also no point replacing two overgrips with one grip of the same thickness, because it would weigh the same.

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Balance tape would do the job if you are comfort with big size handle yet want to maintain the balance.
    Add the tape according to your preference on how head heavy you want it.

But doing so have a side effect that it add an overall your racket weight. If yours is 4U, then it might turn into 3U or at least close to 3U depend on how many you add it.

8. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Thank you for your answers.
    I do not know if I lose power with 2 overgrips over the original grip, but once installed and used a little I can not find the handle too thick, this configuration suits me well.
    With a overgrip on the JS 12 in addition to turning in my hand, the head of the racket "stung of the nose" and I spent my time to raise my racket, with two overgrips I do not have trouble.
    For the ARS 90s I hope I do not lose too much power and it does not get too much in the heat, I have less power and I feel worse for the monent than with the JS 12, I has been using it for two months.
    Information taken around me I have rather normal hands but the fingers end.

9. llrr

llrr Regular Member

In that case I think it's absolutely fine to use two grips if it just works better for you. Remember the racquet's head weight doesn't change no matter how many grips you use so it won't change how it swings. You're just holding onto an overall slightly heavier racquet due to the extra grips.

10. beno22

beno22 Regular Member

Thank you for your answers.
    If it does not change the way the racket works it's perfect.
    For weight, after a month of use my arm is used and now it's okay.