Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Wise words Maklike

I can't see the point of manufacturing 5U rackets. From my experience they are too light and pack the punch. I don't understand why there is this movement away from 3U? Can anybody explain?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

2. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    @Paulsteward64, my personal opinion as I am using TK Onigiri 5u. I used this racket when my body and arm are tired especially after long hours of games, for me a 5u heavy head + medium flex racket enable me to play effortlessly when I am tired and it gave me the smashing power that I needed and good baseline clearing with little swing force.

However my favorite first choice of racket is a 3u racket, JS10 KRP.

3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Espirito - thanks for your response. I forget at times that some players play for long periods. I agree that on occasions like this the 5U spec can be useful.

3U KRP is so good. I'd love to test Malaysian players version to compare but I won't be able to obtain one.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I can't generate any power with 5U, but I have a relatively slow swing speed so I'm probably not the target market. The swing away from 3U I can completely understand though. This idea that beginners and the average player can or should use pro level gear because they can magically summon the abilities of the pros somehow through the equipment is a ridiculous notion and needs to end.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Not everyone uses a 90g 3U ZForce2 though....even-balanced 3U rackets are the best way to go for beginners imop, and many taller, more powerful players benefit from heavier rackets. They dont always have to be super stidf tho

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Man, so many people do just use the latest and greatest pro level racket though. Speak to shop owners and get that whatever sells is whatever is new. The sheep mentality in the badminton scene is unbelievable.

What's the most unsexy spec of rackets out there? Exactly what you suggest - even balance mid stiff rackets.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well....we have 7 teams in our club, and the only two guys to use HH/stiff rackets are me and a team mate :D
    And i see a lot more even balanced rackets being played than HH in all the advanced leagues

#4767 j4ckie, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  8. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Hi Paul, I have both JS10 KRP and JS10 MYP, but I can't use the MYP due to it was too stiff for my arm. I used the MYP for an hour of intensive training and my arm will feel the pain, but I have no problem using the KRP even for three hours of intensive training.

The shaft for the MYP is shorter and thicker compared to the KRP and maybe those were the reasons it was stiffer.

9. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I agree the MYP version was far more stiff and head heavy than the krp version. I sold mine straight away because they were just too extreme.

10. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

They're either following a trend or trying to drive one - if the latter, that makes no sense to me, either.

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Flash boost created trend perhaps..

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

And how I wish Yonex hadn't thrown that switch... now we're all stuck with flyswatters in Europe.

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Sad indeed. But that ended up giving you the JS10

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Exactly. "Advanced Leagues". You're out of touch with the needs of the average newbie :p

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha, well, I dont play league matches with them, but most beginner/intermediate players in my club have chosen sth appropriate, usually even balanced and medium stiff with some guys going head heavier.
    Since my beginning days arent that far behind me, I still remember what I used and what I shouldnt have used :D the N70 was quite nice to start with, the N90 not so much,and the N50/N50ii were quite appropriate as well. Personally I dont see much of a problem with guys going for slightly heavier rackets as long as theyre not too stiff....one doesnt have the speed of thought and the reactions to utilize a very light racket anyways (as a beginner) :D

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    What are you playing with now mate? Whats your pick of the latest Victors?

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm currently using my last N90, my N50/N50ii's, and a leaded-up black prototype that never made it into production but which I still like ;) while we're at it - ya got any of them left? :D

I tried the Tk5000 recently. It was decent for a 4U, but I missed a bit of weight compared to the N80/N90iii which I tested as well, but I'd have no qualms suggesting it to someone who prefers slightly lighter rackets or a beginner who doesnt have a preference yet. Fairly balanced, all-around racket.
    I'm still waiting to get my hands on a JS10, 2 guests who train with us on Mondays use it but with matches on Sundays I didnt go last week.

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Haha, yeah I do, but they're my go-tos, so yo ain't gittin' them! :p

I very very nearly bought an N90iii. Felt really good in the shops and the spec was bang on what I wanted. Just couldn't go the extra $ they wanted for it so I went TK9000 instead.

Of all the new Victors the JS10 has piqued my interests, despite the fact that it feels wholly inappropriate for my tastes. I think it has all the new technology that actually works, but I'm worried it will be too head-light and too stiff, so making it work will rely solely on me adding some tape to the head to load up the shaft some more. Might be worth a shot though, I could always sell it later on....

19. Shunpuri

Shunpuri Regular Member

Wouldn't the TK9900 fit the bill? I just ordered one, currently using Onigiri which I really like.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, I agree. JS10 is very stiff, especially considering it's not that head heavy so the shaft doesn't bend much.

#4780 visor, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015