Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Finished the first session with the JS10 KRP yesterday. The 1 gram difference in head weight could clearly be felt while swinging and adds a bit of punch in smashes from the backline. On the other hand, it doesn't cost too much of the head speed which still makes it feel like a JS10 to me. Defense was still better than any other racket I have played with before.
    The heavier head also made dropshots feel more solid and gave me a better feedback about where the racket head is - that's a thing I was missing a bit with the 4U. Overall, the KRP has a more solid feel to it without being significantly stiffer. It's hard to describe, but it feels like it's a JS10 added with a pinch of "yonexy" feel. So for me, it will surely become my go-to for singles and most probably mixed doubles. For fast level doubles I will have to see if the 4U wouldn't be the better choice.

The big question: Is the KRP worth the extra money or not? Answer: I am not sure. Hands down, it is a brilliant racket, especially for those who were missing some weight and punch in the 4U. But if you can get hold of a heavy 4U and are happy with it, I don't think you will ever really miss the 3U KRP.

Regarding the black No. 1 - they felt exactly the same as the yellow ones. I strung them with 25/26 lbs. this time (last time 25/25 on the 4U) and personally, I preferred the feel of the 25/25. The ping was ringing longer with the square tension too.

2. Kel1122

Kel1122 Regular Member

Manager
    Now that the 3U JS10 are available, I guess there'll be interests on comparison between the 3U commercial & KRxxP version.

3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    s_mair, your measurements seem to match my thoughts when I played with my friends JS10 KRP.

I felt pretty much no difference. I have a 4U JS10 which I like but felt it needed a bit more headweight so was hoping the KRP would be a touch head heavier. But I was surprised when I tried the KRP, it felt neither head heavier nor stiffer. I didn't notice any overall weight difference either.

I recently purchased a JS10 3U MYP and this is definitely different. Not only is it head heavier, it has a shorter shaft and so flexed slightly different - giving the sense of a stiffer shaft.

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I didn't want to lose the original JS10 feel and so the MYP has not been on my list really. The stiffness of the 4U feels just perfect to me, so the shorter and thus stiffer shaft of the MYP would kill this original feel.

The KRP is what I expected how a normal 3U would feel like. So let's see what will happen with the normal commercial 3U version (and if they will be released globally) and how much they differ from the KRP.

5. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I've picked up a normal 3U from Singapore. Unfortunately I haven't got a 4U to compare with.

I'm on holiday here, but have my scales with me. Dry weight with plastic on grip is 90.6 and bp is probably around 290mm (don't have a tape measure so doing a rough comparison with another known racket)

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I should clarify that when I said I didn't feel any overall weight difference, I meant I didn't feel much difference, there was a very slight difference between the KRP and the 4U but it wasn't anything worth reporting.

The 3U MYP does feel different to the 4U. I like the 4U stiffness too, I wouldn't want it any stiffer either. But the MYP shaft isn't actually stiffer as such, its just that the shorter shaft gives a slight impression that it is a fraction stiffer but it isn't a bad thing. It isn't MXJJS stiff! It merely reacts quicker than a 4U.

The MYP personally doesn't suit me but I can see how some people would like it.

7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    So I got me one of the commercial 3U JS10s. Weight with frame only and plastic wrap is 89.52g. Dry weight (BG80 + Original grip) game out at 91.38g and head weight was 40.90g. BP came in at 303mm. I'll say. Thos extra weight is exactly what this racket has been needing since I first tried it as a 4U before. I really have no reason to want to try a KRP now aside from novelty

8. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

Hi, I currently used a ZF2 4ug5. I like its power and speed, but the shaft is too stiff and is a little too head heavy, plus its small frame often put me in despair when it comes to defence. I heard that JS10 is very agile and powerful, which version 3u or 4u, offers similar power and speed of 4ug5 zf2? Plus its head is bigger and its shaft is less stiff than zf2, is it correct? I only play doubles.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Head size is similar. In most ways it is as stiff and even stiffer because it isn't as head heavy. If a small head is the problem then I wouldn't look at using this.

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Where did you get your commercial 3U from? RacquetForce? Looking at the specs only it seems as if commercial and KRP are pretty much identical - the differences between yours and mine are within normal production tolerances IMO.

Is there any information out if the 3U commercial version will be officially released and added to the catalogue?

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    No idea. My commercial 3U is locally coded. Came from my regular shop who gets them fron out local victor distributor. Maybe Victor have actually been listening..

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That would be a true first-timer...

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    But pigs aren't flying

14. papersword

papersword Regular Member

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
  16. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Compared between commercial JS10 4u vs JS10 KRP, the KRP is slightly longer in shaft with shorter handle, if not mistaken by 0.5cm (naked eyes measurement). I am interested to know if the commercial 3u have longer shaft and shorter handle (same like KRP?) compared to commercial 4u?

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    4U and 3U are the same thing. Just heavier. Which tge racket sorely needs.

18. Taeivon

Taeivon Regular Member

I absolutely adore the 3U MYP that Ch1k0 traded with me. Is the 3U commercial version same weight and BP as the MYP u traded with me? If so, I need to go get another 3U.

19. hgl13

hgl13 Regular Member

I've known that the MYP has much shorter shaft than 4U.

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nope bro. It's not the same haha