Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Changed the grommets of the younger of my two JS10s today. Well...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the record, the racket has seen around 6 string jobs with tensions between 26 to 28 lbs. Definitely too early and/or too low tensions to expect this from a high end frame.

The older JS10 sibling looks better despite having around 12 jobs on the clock.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Didn't you run Dennis' grommets in it? 6 jobs over 3 years?

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I had some of Dennis' grommets around the top but not over the whole racket. And that's my second JS10 which I've added about 2 years ago and played with a lot less than the first one. And looking in the stinging logs, it were indeed 7 jobs up to now.

4. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

What are Dennis grommets,?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

6. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    And here I had it in my cart all ready to try. Even considered going to 28lbs strictly for it but if even that is too high, that may be a bit of turnoff.

7. Baddyman#1

Baddyman#1 Regular Member

Can anyone share how stiff is this racket? Any reference to yonex rackets (eg.same stiffness as certain yonex racket you know or own) and how much stiffer is it compare to bravesword 12. Thanks

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It's a lot stiffer than BS12. Looking over the fence at Yonex, I'd say it's around the same stiffness level as the Z-Strike. So yeah, the JS10 is a really stiff racket, hands down.

Baddyman#1 likes this.
  9. Santosh Rao

Santosh Rao Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I am so confused need some advice. I currently use a JS 10 5u, the old one the where the pyrofil was onlt "pyrofil", I generally like it but sometimes its just too light and tends to make the game loopy. I want to go racket shopping again and am sort of at loss between 88s and the new JS 10. What is the general opinion on comparision between JS 10 vs 88s.

10. Stever7425

88s will feel like a sledge hammer in your hand compared to the js10.. I had a 4u js10 and went to 4u 88s too some adjusting didn't like it at the start with the extra weight.. gave since gone to a 4u 88d

11. Santosh Rao

Software Engineer
    The cutting edge "Rotational Generator System " does have it benefits. But then I really like JS10's speed, its super quick. So you eventually got adjusted to the increased head weight. In hindsight you think it worked out well for you right ?

12. Stever7425

Yes my body adjusted to the extra weight over time and I feel much more benefit from the 88d more effortless power on quick returns where I had to generate it myself with js10.. jetspeed is still super fun to take out of the bag for a game but just lacks the oomph I prefer from a racket.. personal preference I guess.. couldn't imagine a 5u js10

13. visor

visor Regular Member

If you like the stiffness of JS10, then the 4U TK Falcon with a slightly less stiff shaft is a more user friendly version of 4U JS10 and is great for both power and accuracy. And it has this really nice crisp feel on strike.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

14. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

I put a 5g frame protection tape on the JS10 frame, that will add some oomph to your play.

15. Santosh Rao

Software Engineer
    Can you explain that with a picture please. Would help.

16. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

FANGCAN-PU-Composites-Protection-Tape-for-Badminton.jpg_350x350.jpg

Santosh Rao likes this.
  17. Bernie66

Bernie66 Regular Member

Personally I find it not as stiff as some have mentioned. With reference to yonex, it about Arcsaber 11 stiffness. Definitely less stiff than say NR900, Z strike and Zforce.. JS10Q Is also about the same as older JS10.

18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I don't agree. I'm very familiar with the JS10 OC, the several versions of the OC (deeper grooves to none, with offset/without offset etc.) and the JS10Q. The Q is a totally different racket. The Q don't have Shark-Tec. That's the first difference. The cap is also different shaped. That the second visual difference. Playwise both are also not the same. JS10Q a tad stiffer and totally different feel. The JS10 OC has a much more damped feel, while the JS10Q is like hitting a steel pipe to a lamp post. Call me crazy, but JS10Q is IMO a racket which gives you too much feel. I prefer the old one compared to the Q. Plays much better. All 4U and exactly the same head weight and before somebody thinks, that I got a fake one. The Q is from Kin-Yee and other ones came directly for Victor due a replacement.

19. Bernie66

Bernie66 Regular Member

Maybe I’m just lazy to elaborate. When I said about the same, I meant near and dun mean totally similar. Different racket to me would means JS10 vs BS12 or even JS10 vs JS12 etc. More importantly, players that use the older version will be able to adapt to the new version easily. In any case if I nick-pick, the main difference is that the Q is slightly stiffer and slightly head heavier. It does give u the a slightly crispier sound too. Not in a bad way though cos I would prefer the Q than the older version. Hope that explains

20. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I don't agree, again. All Jetspeed I have regardless, if the S or the Q are within a 0.2g range of swing weight (39.5, 39,6, 39.8) 39.6 is the Q. So for me I can't tell anything in terms of more head heavyness. The seller at Kin Yee, told me that the Q turns out slightly more headlight than the S. So vice versa compared to what you have observed. I can tell you that I can play with the S a whole night or tounament without issues, while I get tired easily with the Q and get pain in my wrist, arm and shoulder even during warming up.

I'm used to stiff shafts since a decade, had the MX80 and BS10 for years as my go-tos and never had any issues. IMO this is not nitpicking or a hypersensibility, this is a total different racket and one of the most demanding racket I ever had. Even more demanding than a ZFII or DZS. Feel wise it's a totally different racket, let the slightly changes aside and paint both rackets equal, I'm able to tell you which one is the Q and that's what I'm talking bout. This racket plays totally different.