Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. mikaltch

mikaltch New Member

Js10q 4ug5 3 string jobs 3 weeks old. Completely sunk through. Js10q sinking issue occurances confirmed by yonex Master stringer here

updated:
    Aerosonic 27lbs

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#2881 mikaltch, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    ucantseeme likes this.
  2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

String tension?

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

ucantseeme likes this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Bloody hell, that looks horrible! And I'm surprised to see that damage being in a spot where only one main string is applying the pressure. The sinking on mine is mostly visible at the lower shared holes where one main and one cross string running in parallel.

I would also be interested in the tension at which it was strung though. Not that it made a real difference to the fact that it's a crystal clear warranty case.

[​IMG]

#2883 s_mair, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  4. mikaltch

mikaltch New Member

Updated post above with tension. Generally sits at around 27/28lbs aerosonic. I've a few JS10 and 10Q and they sometimes go up to 29lbs. Funny enough my stringer and I were just talking about buying some special grommets the day before it just sunk through (it went from 5% sunk to 100% sunk in just 1 day).

Shop I bought it from said (paraphrased) "yea aerosonic cuts through it like butter, especially at your tensions, which is why we put special grommets on them (Js10) right from start as we know about this issue". *hint hint* don't send it back for warranty (and I've already ordered at least 10 rackets in the past from this guy). I told him I've been using Aerosonic at tensions 27-29 for the past 3 years with no issue on all my other rackets.

I was like, whoa, I don't see how a new high-end racket should need to be modified on day 1 just to handle tensions that most serious players would play at. And this particular piece was only 2 or 3 weeks old. My stringer diligently rotates and changes the grommets, and my frame is flawless.

Besides, as you've mentioned, the sinking on my racket wasn't even at a hole where two strings run parallel on the outside of the frame. Say the warranted tension is at 27. I'm pretty sure the forces at a hole where two 27lb strings run over are definitely higher than that single hole where mine sunk. In short, denying a claim because it's been strung slightly over the warranted tension is bullshit

Lastly, I was a bit apprehensive about the special grommets because they'll change the head balance a little.

#2884 mikaltch, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    ucantseeme likes this.
  5. Zhi Li

Zhi Li New Member

Just got a hold of my 3u JS10 old v, and was surprised of its weight when I held it in my hand. Decided to weigh it and it weighed 98.8g.
    May I know if this is normal cause it seems pretty heavy to me.

6. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

A 3U racket should weight 85~89.9g with no string and with only original grip. If that was your case, it's indeed too heavy.

7. Zhi Li

Zhi Li New Member

Thanks for the response :). Forgot to mention, it was weighed together with string (zymax 62) and an overgrip from mizuno. Is it still normal if it is 98.8g with those on?

8. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

A string on racket weights about 4.Xg. An overgrip usually also weights about 4.Xg but it really depends on the length you use.
    The dry weight of your racket may be around 90g, but hard to say it is more or less.

9. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Those of you who's clicking with JS10 - what do you use for singles? Also JS10 or something else?

10. RichF

RichF Regular Member

This grommet issue is really disappointing.

I'm down to my last 3 NS8ks (and one of them looks like it's developed a crack) so was thinking about replacing them at the end of this season. I want to move back to even-balanced but without losing the speed I get from the NS8k, the JS10 looked perfect on paper and from the reviews, it even made me think of my old Isometric Slim 10s which is my all-time favourite racquet and I've never managed to find anything to replace that!

Even-balanced, stiff, 4U, G5, fast, compact - there don't seem to be many with those attributes :-(

11. mikaltch

mikaltch New Member

I've started my search for a JS10/10Q replacement. Victor hasn't responded to my emails/FB messages/calls.

The LiNing 75D is so far so good. Very slightly less stiff than the JS10. 4U weight class, even-balanced as well, but grip size is an equivalent G4 (1 size bigger than the JS10/10q)

It's stiffer than the corresponding older LiNING model that shares the exact same color scheme (n7ii?). It's really fast. The shot feedback/vibrations is not as nice compared to the JS10Q.

To compensate for the slightly increased flex (vs JS10Q), I up my tension by about 1lb (to about 28 or 29).

ucantseeme likes this.
  12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I had the same issue with Victor. They also didn't replied to my mails over their contact from on their website. I decided to make it public and posted it on their facebook page with a one star rating. A few days later they contacted me and said I should contact the shop. Judging by pics, they said it's a defect. The shop also didn't replied. No one picked up the phone. I contacted them via facebook again and oh wonder, the shop replied to my mails. I send the rackets to the shop. The shop said it was due inexperienced stringing. I send the shop my conversation with Victor. It took 8 weeks until I got 2 new rackets. The general procedur with conversations and so on took nearly a half year. For me Victor died in terms of rackets. How they treat the sinking issue, which was a really big thing showed me that loosing customers due faulty product is not an issue for them. Even worse is only Yonex.

Funfact: Even the replaced JS10 started sinking. I used YY grommet strips and U grommets to protect them since day 1 due my experience and the tensions were not higher than 27lbs and I used only 0.68 strings. smh

13. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist

That sounds so ****, couldn't imagine having to deal with all that. Fortunately enough I've not had any stories like this when I had to return my JS12 and JS12F in th UK with tennisnuts.com. They paid for shipping just completely forgot about the whole case until they emailed me few months afterwards that they were going to send me replacements without waiting for an answer from Victor.

ucantseeme likes this.
  14. mikaltch

mikaltch New Member

15. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

is the new JS10Q 4u feel the same as the JS10 S 4u?

16. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    No. I had both. I found the JS10Q a bit more demanding on the arm. More vibration. I also felt the shaft on the Q a tiny bit stiffer. The S has Sharktec the Q not. Cone of the Q was different compared to the S. IMO it played like a different racket and I prefered the S.

17. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Does the string pattern need to make perfect square to get max control? I notice the string pattern on JS10 is rectangles.

18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    If it's slightly off, the clears will get misdirected and thrown randomly onto the court. They knew this when designing the racket. If you play close attention, only the absolute top ones or on side are rectangles so you can intentionally deceive your opponent during rallies or crucial must win situations / points. Hit from the sweetspot otherwise for a normal game.

Just when the opponent is sure of victory, you use your ace, shot gets thrown in some bizarre corner and as the guy can do nothing but stand in sheer disbelief, a life sized version of Jordan Peterson appears and says; Hah, gotcha.

ucantseeme and speCulatius like this.
  19. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

Can someone confirm the original JS10 Blue has the sinking issue, please?

20. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

People already did. You should have found that yourself if you really care about it! You're welcome.

yenyesoh, ucantseeme and s6edge like this.