Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Compare to mxjjs in head heaviness n stiffness

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Don't have my 4U JJS anymore, but from memory, 4U JS10 is slightly flexier and much more head heavier... like having an extra 1-2g lead tape at 12 o'clock of the JJS, thus contributing to its slightly whippy feel.

Edit: I'm thinking that both shafts are probably of comparable stiffness, but the extra mass of the JS10 head makes the shaft behave slightly flexier.

#322 visor, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  3. 100minus

100minus Regular Member

JS10 = ARCFB, HX800 = VTIF ...knew it earlier but as a victor fan do not like to say it out

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'd put money on them doing it way better and less likely to implode though.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol...4U JS10 is no Arc FB... more like a less head heavy 4U VTZF.

6. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Izit faster than vtzf2 or mxjjs???power wise any differences??

7. visor

visor Regular Member

I didn't have too much time with my friend's 4U VTZF2, so can't say. But compared to my previous 4U JJS, cuts thru the air faster, easily more power, but slightly less maneuverable.

8. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Great insight into the racket, visor.

Any chance of a comparison to the BS10? I only have one remaining and the fact that I'm having a lot trouble finding any more in Hong Kong is forcing me to look to other rackets, sad as it makes me.

I can't stress enough what the BS10 can do for my play. The stiffness of the shaft (no jokes here :p) gives me control and accuracy I've never managed with any other racket. My clears, drives, pushes and drops go so close to the lines that I often think that I wouldn't be able to place them better if I went over there and dropped the shuttle from my hand. The same stiffness also brings great power to my disposal when smashing as the energy is a lot more concentrated when compared to rackets with more flexible shafts.

In comparison, my BS12 (the normal non-KRP version) plays terribly. The shaft is too soft and the same pinpoint shots that I like to play are just all over the place. Makes me think that I may as well be playing with a sausage for a shaft. Power is also a problem because it feels like the energy just dissipates from the shaft, resulting in a lot less power compared to the BS10.

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  10. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=3480]xofrevlis[/MENTION]

Glad to help out.

My usual go-to is RKEP XP70 which is quite stiff (but not as super stiff as MX80), and I've used extensively MX80 and for a short while BS12, so I understand what you mean by precision of stiff rackets and power diffusion of flexy rackets. :)

Unfortunately I've never played with BS10 before, so can't compare. But from what I understand, it's stiffness and directness is almost up there with MX80.

Compared to a 3U BS10, the 4U JS10 is probably more demanding and powerful at the expense of maneuverability. For it's 82g 297mm dry specs, this thing swings and packs a wallop comparable to a 3U racket 4g heavier like my 8PS.

I'm even starting to think a 5U JS10 would even be better for fast flat counter attacking doubles play. Whereas the 4U would work out better for singles play. Does that make sense?

#330 visor, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  11. visor

visor Regular Member

Seeing that Ponsana just signed with Victor using the JS10, most likely the heavier 4U version, this would seem to support my theory about the 4U version application for singles play.

(*me running off to check Eric's listings to see whether he still has some 5U available... )

#331 visor, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Willing to bet he uses a 3U.

13. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION]

I neglected to mention that my BS10 is 4U. No idea what the dry weight of it is, but with one layer of overgrip, the balance point is at around 287mm. As it is, I can't really feel any weight on the head, making it super-maneuverable when defending or with short, sharp actions at the net. With the BS12, the head definitely feels heavier ... I can feel the weight being dragged about for the same type of shots, but for some reason there seems to be very little compromise, if any, when maneuvering it about. It's probably the effect of its aerodynamic design.

That said, what do you think makes the JS10 less maneuverable? Perhaps the balance of the racket is closer to the head or maybe the design has more air resistance than the BS series?

It makes perfect sense when you define the racket as either singles or doubles oriented according to their respective weights. So when you say that JS10 5U is the counterattacking doubles player's dream, that has me salivating. :p

14. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Wow, a 4U BS10 that is 287mm... then even the 5U JS10 may be too head heavy for you.

My 4U one like I mentioned earlier feels just a bit less head heavy in swinging than a 4U VTZF. To put into a reference for you to understand, it would be like putting a 2-3g lead tape at the top of your BS10.

15. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Oh, so it's the head-heaviness that makes it just a tad slower. Doesn't it say 'head light' on the shaft of the JS10 though? If I bought one at whichever weight I can still tailor the balance point to my liking by adding weight to the shaft.

I didn't do anything special to my BS10 to get to the specs that it is currently at, but I like it for my style of play, especially as I like playing more at the front of the court. I'm lazy, alright? :D

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, it's not head light for sure. Safer for you to get the lighter 5U and add tape or weight as necessary onto the top frame. Adding weight anywhere else does not affect swing weight at all.

17. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    I have no idea why I said add weight to the shaft. What I meant to say was add it to the grip. :rolleyes:
    I've not looked at the JS rackets very closely in person, but am I correct in saying that the frame is not as sharp as the rackets from the BS series?

18. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Yep, JS frame profile is not as sharp as BS series. So it doesn't cut thru the air as well.

But the JS10 being so head heavy cuts thru the air incredibly well once it gets going... better than 8PS. Probably due to less air resistance from the smaller frame and thinner shaft.

19. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

would you say the the js10 is more like a 4u zf2?

20. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd say probably more like a less stiff and less head heavy, more user friendly version