Victor JetSpeed S Bao

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by alien9113, Jul 27, 2014.

1. KMLee

KMLee Regular Member

Self employed
    This is after 2 hours of playing ..... still in 1 piece ....

IMG_3465.jpg IMG_3466.jpg

2. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
  3. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    The racket seem to have internal injury inside, there is crack at both sides

4. KMLee

KMLee Regular Member

Self employed
    I was thinking of either let it crack then use 5 min epoxy :D or buy those E-tune gormmet and put it there @ the 12 o'clock position .....

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    For safety sake, just stop using it...

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Aye. That racket was a goner the moment it got off the machine. I'm sure you can find someone to repair it somehow the original feel is long busted =/ such a shame for such a pretty racket.

7. korpuskel

korpuskel New Member

It would be nice if someone could put up a short review of this racket and maybe compare it to some brave swords.
    I need a new racket and cannot decide between the JS-Bao, the BS-12, or BS-LHI (which I already have and like).
    Btw, I actually found a review here: http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/thread-435781-1-1.html but the google translation really makes it hard to understand :(

8. KMLee

KMLee Regular Member

Self employed
    Yeah , I should, It can go into my collections , time to look for a large picture frame :rolleyes:

9. KMLee

KMLee Regular Member

Self employed
    In that 2 hours of playing, it feels not bad , I should stop using it, hoping I can buy it again in near future such as when I get the chance to visit Hong Kong ;) , so I don't need to buy it on-line and can avoide all those exchange rate and bank service fees. I know they charge this racket in US dollars if I purchase it on-line.

10. KMLee

KMLee Regular Member

Self employed
    Hey dude : from what I understand , it is all depending on your personal liking. See if you can find ways to try them first before you buy it.

11. hoodmulti

hoodmulti New Member

I have a tk9000 and not a scratch even after a few light bump with other rackets, I am impressed with the quality, vs other brand, paint would have came off already.

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Wait til you try owning a BS =P anything can chio the paint on those. JS is better but still easily chipped if you know how to

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    So I just got one of these courtesy of my HX800 sale I definitely like it a lot more. Took 29/31 lbs like a champ. It has the same head shape as the JS10, HX800 and TK9900 where the bottom is narrower than normal isometric.

Considering the shaft is 6.6mm it's surprisingly stiff yet whippy hence it expect it to be able to produce some pretty good power. Honestly if things go well with this racket it just might be the one to replace my beloved BS12 KRPs that I'm ever so fond of.

In dry swinging I do feel that the shaft stiffness is actually really close to that of the 12 KRPs which is an instant good mark for me. It doesn't quite swing as fast but it's fast enough and close enough for me to not grumble about it at all.

Pulling a [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] I brought my scale to the shop for measurements

Dry (frame only with 1 layer of plastic wrap)
    Weight = 87.53g
    HW = 39.15g

With VS850 and Original grip
    Weight = 89.11g
    HW = 40.00g

Wet (VS850 + Yellow AC402EX covering the cone)
    Weight = 98.70g
    HW = 41.06g

Sadly I ran out of my usual GR334 and am in the process of getting more and will measure the wet measurements again then but I went with AC402EX because it was the closest in thickness to my normal style of wrapping cushion wrap over the handle and then applying GR334 up til over the cone.

Will let the strings bed in for the next day before testing the day after. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised but with the bad shoulder I've gotten due to my HX800 I don't have high hopes for putting it through its paces properly like I usually do.

14. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    Extremely jealous :D anything different about compared to the other Jetspeeds?

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Yeah. The frame isn't as sharp. The general shape is the same but the angles aren't as pronounced and much more rounded. It's much smoother all round. Tbh I think of all the Jetspeeds this is hands down the prettiest. Then I would follow it with the Natsir, 9, 8ST, 10, 8PS and lastly the Ahmad.

16. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    I noticed that there isn't Shark tec on this. You think it'll make a difference? (Implying victor tech makes things better :D)

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I don't know honestly as I don't really bother with shark tec. For me the attractive thing about the JS line has always been the nano fortify and pyrofil. But what I do know right now is that this thing has amazing feel when I bounce shuttles in my room. By that I mean it has the classic victor standard of feel I've always been left wanting with their new rackets.

18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I would pick the BS LHI or BS12 before the JS Bao, it felt like a mid range racket to me. It didn't have the feel of a high end racket I get from JS10, JS Natsir or BS rackets in my opinion.

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'll have to respectfully disagree with that though. Initial thoughts after playing a bit with it. I definitely thought it felt better than ANY Jetspeed I've tested so far. It's very fast but I will say it isn't as aerodynamic as the other top Jetspeeds as the edges are really rounded. If anything I thought it actually cut through the air like a Meteor.

I cannot say that I've found my replacement yet but I honestly think this will be high on the candidate list. I like the stiffness, the aerodynamic and the feel. I really do think that although this was basically made as a test bed for the current flagships and the upcoming TK9900, lese technology has really turned out better. The racket feels solid and user friendly while retaining characteristics and playability for a higher level of competitive player as well as a social player.

Given that we'll never see anything as fast as the brave swords anymore I am willing to actually recommend this as a BS12 replacement but with a caution that this is actually somewhat stiffer although still a 3/5. The only problem I face with it right now with this is that I haven't gotten the timing right yet.

The thinner shaft and different material, from the MXs and BSs that I'm so used to, flexes very differently so I'm still losing out badly on the smash power end because I haven't felt out fully how the shaft unloads so my smashes are all pretty teeny right now give me any victor with a 7.2 or 7.0 shaft and I'll be rocking off the bat tbh but that's just experience of having been using them constantly since 2009.

20. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I totally agree that nothing will be as fast as the Bravesword frame, I wasn't expecting it to be as fast. I mostly compare it to my JS10 but it just doesn't give the feedback to me that I get from JS10. I use Victor rackets rather than Yonex and other brands because I like lots of feedback and this racket just didn't feel as good as the other Victors I mentioned. I didn't try out different string and tensions to see if it made a difference so that may have been a factor. After trying lots of rackets I have finally realised I like fast Victors with lots of feel and nothing else compares to those for me. I'm glad you enjoy the racket so much though, it's a good all round racket I would say which may suit lots of other people.