VICTOR M 3000, anyone knows anything about this?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by hokaro, Mar 23, 2012.

1. hokaro

hokaro Regular Member

IT
    Hello all,

I am new in this fantastic badminton forum, thanks all for creating such a great place!

I am completely unhappy with the stringing of my rackets by my club little store. I used to re-string my rackets by bare hands and awls when I was a teenager, 17 years ago, but I guess I will be more happy with a simple and practical but yet robust stringing machine. My budget is max £300. I live in Sweden by the way.

To make the story short, I have looked at this Victor machine, VICTOR M 300 manual machine, see the link below:

http://www.victor-international.com/index.php?language=eng&page=product&id=226

T
    he problem is I can't/don't find any manual, guide, review or even more info what-so-ever about this machine. Even Victor website is empty about this. I don't even know if any clamps are included!

Anybody knows anything about this? Anyone used it? Is it good? it says " Stringing tension 6-12 kp"... is this enough tension one may need?

I will appreciate any help. I need to order pretty fast, as next weekend I am playing a tournament and I need to re-string my three rackets with BG-80.

Also any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you again, for reading this and for helping.

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I have never seen or heard about this Victor machine and I don't know if it comes with tools or not. It does seem like a nice little machine, but you can probably get better for about the same price.

I would suggest looking at machines from W&D:
    http://www.watdon.co.uk/wd-strings/acatalog/Drop_Weight_Stringing_Machines.html

T
    he prices are great (probably the best you'll find), and the machines are well known and used by most of the people on here. I would suggest the Pro's Pro Challenger 1/2, Pro's Pro Pilot or Pro's Pro Shuttle Express. All three are really nice and quality machines. The first two are Tennis machines, but can be used for badminton without much trouble. I suspect that they do not come with tools however. The Shuttle Express has less features (no fixed clamps), but is designed specifically for badminton rackets and I believe it comes with all the tools you need.

Hope this helps :)

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

A slight correction if I may [​IMG]: prices at the Pro's Pro themselves are much cheaper than Watdon considering VAT/GST is already included @www.arfaian.com (the price including VAT is even cheaper than Watdon without)

#3 demolidor, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I didn't know that! Thanks :p

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi Hokaro,
    1) Welcome to BCBF.
    2) Yes, I have seen one before but I do not have manual for it.
    3) You will need 2 fly clamps which I remember it come with 2 HiQua style.
    4) 2 things you need to worry about and learn.
    a) how to mount string onto tensioning drum. It is basically loop around the drum 1 time (min at lease 1 time) loosely. Then put the string through the space between the 2 half circles. Then turn the drum before it gets tight then turn the drop weight and arm.
    b) if i remembered it right, there are mark on the bar but no number for kg or lb. so you need to get a calibrator or a fishing scale to figure out which mark is the right weight.
    ps, it is designed as a beginner machine. so 12kg is already already very high.
    good luck.

6. hokaro

hokaro Regular Member

IT
    I can't seem to find the link to Pro's Pro own page where they sell Shuttle Express. Can you be kind and provide me with the link? This one seems to be a fine choice, better choice than Viktor M 3000 anyway.

Thanks for the replies, by the way :)

7. hokaro

hokaro Regular Member

IT
  8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Re-stock in "only" one month's time or as mentioned above Challenger or Pilot. Or you can look for it in another webshop. Here they are selling for €195 but shipping to Sweden is €25 (for 5-10KG) since the new rate system has been introduced ...
    If you don't plan to string tennis or squash I would just wait :cool:.

9. hokaro

hokaro Regular Member

IT
    How better are Challenger or Pilot vs Shuttle express? And which one is best of all three? I am estimating to re-string around 4 to 10 rackets per month, only for myself, depending on the frequency of tournaments. I use BG80 and then the rackets need new strings quite often.
    I don't play tennis, only badminton. Speed and durability, and tension precision as well, are the most important factors for me when it comes to a stringing machine.