Victor TK 9000 vs TK Ryuga

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JoeyC., Oct 4, 2023.

1. JoeyC.

JoeyC. Regular Member

Hi,

I've been using the TK 9000 for a few years now and am thinking of potentially making a switch.
    Would anyone have any experience using the TK 9000 to the TK Ryuga (original model).

I've predominantly used head heavy stiff racquets throughout the years (prior to the TK 9000 I was using a YY AT700). I'm not sure if racquets have really changed much or if there is even a need to change but I'm always worried about sticking with an older racquet model and not being able to purchase anymore if they start to break.

Thanks!

2. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

I only tried ryuga 1.
    It really sledgehammer racket, HH and stiff.
    Quite hard to play speed in double.
    Too good for single, power, control

3. jctai

jctai Regular Member

First, ditch your TK9000, it's old and miles apart in performance compared to modern day rackets.
    Your worry is true, TK9000 is no longer available for purchase. If you like stiff , head heavy and long lasting, do yourself a favor and get a Li Ning Axforce 90 Dragon or Axforce 100.
    Don't get a Yonex or Victor as Yonex is having difficulty producing a good head heavy racket and Victor is having difficulty perfecting their plastic handle. The last good head heavy racket produced by Yonex is Astrox 99 or 88 and Victor's Ryuga1 is just massive overpriced for its age and tech.

4. Inconsistent

Inconsistent Regular Member

Student
    Just as an update I did end up getting the Victor Ryuga and wanted to share my thoughts if anyone else is in a similar situation.

I ended up getting the racquet in 3UG5 as I've always used 3Us and don't really notice much of a difference from 3U to 4U.
    Upon initial impressions, the racquet felt more stiff when dry swinging it without any strings vs my TK 9000. But other then that I didn't notice much difference in the head weight.

Upon stringing the racquet with VBS 66N, I played with a bit today and didn't have any issues transitioning from my TK 9000. I wasn't able to do a complete comparison between the two as my TK 9000 was strung with VBS 68 so I don't think it would be completely fair. But if anyone is looking for a new racquet that has similar characteristics to a TK 9000, then I would recommend the Ryuga.

And please don't let people like the one above sway you into thinking racquet technology changes significantly year to year or makes any real significant difference to your play. If I didn't have an itch to purchase a new racquet then the TK 9000 would still be completely sufficient.

pootisfoib and Martynas like this.
  5. jctai

jctai Regular Member

You read my post proper ye? I'm talking about price vs technology, not performance vs technology. Ryuga was first introduced in (2019/2020) as a mid end racket (bout 110USD), no one gave a **** about it, only after it gained popularity its price was jacked up to around 180USD. I've never said Ryuga is a bad racket, don't put words in my mouth. If you don't understand my what I was sayin', just ask me, don't assume.
    And c'mon man... "like the one above", just tag me, I don't get offended because someone has a different view. If you got your Ryuga 1 at full price, I feel sorry for you.

6. Inconsistent

Inconsistent Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for your responses but I did not ask for comparisons on price vs technology or performance vs technology. I simply wanted to know how the Ryuga compared to the TK 9000.
    Any player worth their salt is not worried about racquet "technologies" and chooses based on their preferences.

And I never assumed anything, I think your reading comprehension needs a bit of work as I never stated you said the Ryuga was a bad racquet.

Thank you for caring about my finances, but I am a sponsored player so price was not an issue. I simply wanted feedback if the choice I was going to make would be okay as I have not kept up with racquets in years.

7. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Very well, wish you all the best. I wanna follow your journey as a sponsored player so if you are willing you can let me know your name you compete with.