Victor VS-850 Nanotec String

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Sealman, Nov 27, 2009.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yeah, I want to learn how to, but I don't think I could start stringing straight away at 28lbs.:( it is great though at that tension, it really complements the SW35.:)

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Hrm, okay I have a packet of blue VS850, but I don't really want to put blue on any of my new acquisitions. What does everyone think is the next best colour?

People seem to like the VS850 at about 28lbs, which is 2lbs higher than I normally like (24 x 26lbs)......should I just go for it? :D

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

cut the strings on your BS12 ? And put it on that ? I personally like the Black VS850.:)

4. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Nah, BS12 is up for sale. I love the MX80 too much so I'm getting two. :D

5. AhLunn

AhLunn Regular Member

Use this string once before. Really good feel. But the tension drop very fast. Am i right?? Now using Bg80, tension hold longer then VS850 but the feeling is too hard compared with the victor string. Thinking to change back to VS850 but is too expensive keep on changing it due to the tension lost.

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Found it depends on who strings it. It does lose tension more than other strings, but it's an easy fix - just string 1 pound higher.

I still think it's the best 0.68 string out there.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i strung a few test rackets with VS850 @ 28.5lbs the past weekend and the initial feeling on the first day of hitting is very nice. solid, crisp, repulsive. just awesome string. not sure how it will hold up to tension loss compared to 29.5lbs. will report back.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Thanx to kwun who got me curious about this string. :)

I've been trying out this string on my MX80 for the past week, strung at 24 lbs because I play plastic Mavis 2000's.

Initial stringbed frequency is 1050 Hz, now dropping to 1030 Hz after about 6 hrs of intense md.

Hopefully it won't drop much further, as I manually prestretched it for about 1-2 minutes on the staircase spindle. Managed to apply enough tension to remove some string creep and lengthened a 10 m string by about 8 inches.

Compared to my previous Zymax 67 at the same tension, this gives much better feel for net play and touch shot. The rougher surface prevents the strings from sliding around (Zymax is notorious for this) and also allows me to impart spin better on slices. Power seems about the same. Durability and tension retention remains to be seen, but I have a feeling it won't outperform Zymax here.

I was also surprised to find that it weighs slightly less than Zymax 67, considering that it is slightly thicker. My racket total weight dropped by 0.3g and became slightly head lighter by 2mm.

All in all, very happy with it. If durability and tension retention is acceptable, it'll be my goto string! :D

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i now buy VS850 by the reel. :)

and i am almost done with the reel also. :(

for someone who cares about feel, this is the best string at the moment. everyone who tried it liked it.

there are some other strings that excel in some categories, some are more durable, some are more powerful, some sounds better, but none can beat the feel of VS850. and the VS850 isn't bad on power nor durability either.

10. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

We'll see what BG80 Power has to say about that:D. I agree VS850 does have the best feel atm, but that tension loss...

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I'm stringing all my rackets with the new ZM67 when I get back from holiday, but if that doesn't rock my world I'm going to try VS850 at 2lbs higher than I normally would and just let it drop. I have a feeling that higher tensions will experience less drop than lower tensions.

12. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

This string drives me nuts! It's excellent in every single way, but then just as the racket and string are feeling superb... Pop it goes right in the centre.:(

It's a strange string, it's great for the first 5hrs. Then it goes away a bit. Then after say 15hrs it comes back to life again, at this point you know it's going to pop soon... And then just as it's back in it's prime, pop.:(

I love the Blue and Black, still to try yellow but have some packets of it. All my rackets strings have gone now:(

Out of interest Kwun, it's possible to buy Black/Blue VS850 reels ? Care to tell me the price ? :) I love the string, but it doesn't like high tension for me:(

14. limb7567

limb7567 Regular Member

student
    Hi, looking for this vs850 string in uk? Does anyone know any local seller or international seller that is willing to ship to uk?Thank u in advance.

15. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

I like VS850 when freshly strung. It has the control of BG66, power, hardness and sound of BG80. I feel it is even better than BG66,80 and 85. But the tension drops real quickly, perhaps as much as 2LB in 2 weeks, done by various stringers and even myself, and the good qualities are all lost by then. This aspect is much inferior to the Yonex peers. Furthermore it only has the frail durability of BG66 imho. You can see from the Korean players on tv too, i presume most of them are using VS850 and they snap often. But of course they wont really mind because a freshly strung VS850 is real good and they do not have to fret over replacements.

16. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    hi everyone.. i have very limited info on vs850 (thinking of trying this string :) )... previously im using bg66 & bg66 um but stringing the string at 28lbs, i found out the strings are easily broke... from what i read in the forum, vs 850 is thicker than bg66 or bg um... does this vs850 has the same crisp feeling of bgg66/um and how's the durability? i need an advise/recomendation weather i should switch from bg66/um to vs850 or any other victor's string ... many thanks guys...

17. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

how long do your BG66/BG66 UM last? BG66 UM is not that fragile, could be your stringer's fault (or you mishit a lot). As for VS850, don't just think about it, get it strung on your racket! Problem solved:)

18. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    i always play badminton once a week... and normally my bg66/um will break after 2-3 months... does vs850 has the same feeling like bg66/um or totally different? is it true if we are using thicker string, the string will lose its tension quicker than the thin string?

19. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

2-3 months sounds fine to me. BG66 UM is a very thin gauge string. VS-850 is a harder feeling string, but not as hard as BG80. IMO for strings, there's really no "equivalent". If you particularly like one string, stick with it. Though it might be good to try several strings before you could decide which one suits you the best.

For strings constructed with the same material and process, yes, thinner strings maintain tension better. But you can't judge one string's tension holding ability purely based on its gauge.

Just my two cents:)

20. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    well, thanks for the input bro... i will try vs850 on my sw37 today... just wanna feel for my self before i decide which permanent string i will choose... i a long time bg66 n bg66 um admirer but since my string tension is increasing, im afraid i need to find another solution... my bg 66 string on 4 rackets have been broken for the past 3 months using 28lbs tension... hopefully vs850 will give me another good option :)