What Machine, hmm .. ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by BigFC, Apr 14, 2012.

1. BigFC

BigFC Regular Member

hey guys,

so im thinking of getting a stringing machine
    but im having trouble picking which one ..

i want a machine that could fit my budget (200-300)
    also i want the machine to be reliable (accurate) and durable (so it could last me a few years)

i did some research online and the first machine that shows up is the Klippermate.
    is that really a reliable machine ? would it break my racquet if i were to string it over 28lbs ?

and could i get some suggestions of machines that you guys have, id really appreciate it !

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    u want a machine that is $200-300 cheap, reliable, accurate and can stand 28lbs? hm....

that might be tough to do. it sounds like some drop weight, flying clamp machine but will need 6 pts support to get to 28lbs.

maybe used? keep an eye on craigslist.

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Yes, if you want a decent quality machine for that low, you should follow Kwun's advice and buy a second hand machine. I was able to buy a machine worth ~800$ (over 1000$ if you include shipping and custom fees) for 450$.

Else, you can go for low quality Eagnas machines, but the machine might not last long and the support might not be adequate.

4. BigFC

BigFC Regular Member

so if i were to invest any money at all on a machine,
    i should invest in a better one ?

any suggestions you guys got ?

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Yes, you should definitely invest a little more for a decent quality machine.

The best quality/price lower range machine, according to what I have read here and comments from users, is the Shuttle Express. It is made by Alpha and Pro's Pro mainly, but there are a few other brands that make it iirc. However, it is rather hard to obtain in Canada atm, but if you can find one, I'd say go for it.

Other choices are Gamma X-6, Gamma Progression II, Alpha pioneer DC or Pro's Pro Pilot (costs a little more).

There are other good lower priced machines, but these are the ones that I can list on top of my head.

You should expect to pay around 300-400$ for a decent brand new machine, not including shipping and custom fees.