when will they ever learn?

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by AlanY, Jun 13, 2012.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no,its because bwf rule

2. event

event Regular Member

I believe you are both correct. It was discussed at All England time that the reason for reducing the number of courts was to facilitate additional logo displays for TV coverage. Sponsor money and possibility of more TV coverage: good; 1AM matches: bad. What to do?

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Sorry, that s my mistake. That logo, i now believe, belongs to BWF. The BWF logo on the court wings is too dominant, so much so it shortchanges the visibility of the other sponsors logo. If I were OSIM, I would be upset. Would you recall seeing the BWF logo or the OSIM logo first ? Would you even notice the OSIM logo, with the BWF logo dominating the visual space on the court wings, under the badminton net space and during replays? And yes, you re right. Because the BWF logo occupies so much space, they could only have four courts and not five. Anyone ready to write to BWF and give feedback? All of us can but attn to who?

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    oic, that's the OSIM BWF World Superseries logo!!! it's neither OSIM nor BWF logo..

#24 pcll99, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Sorry, the logo around the umpire and service judge is the BWF. OSIM logo is the colourful one like a kid.

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Just to share some thoughts :

PBSI and Djarum decided that INA Openwill have 7 days and they have booked the Stadium already.
    Some of SS Organizers prefer 6 days or 7 days ...Organizers for SS mentioned that the cost to rent extra day too much...Denmark Open may play XD after qualifying but for those who qualifies to XD and at the same time, if a player play XD and MD or WD, she or he may play the fifth time ( in main Draw)...will it be fair??

Also extra day may cost a player or association extra for accomodation....

Since the hotels in Indonesia cost around US$ 95 to US$ 106,most of players/associations OK with that...
    The only downside is ....for example....Thailand Open then Indonesia, German Open then AE...if a player like Sony gets to final ( On sunday) but Qualifier on INA SS ( starts onMonday)...there is a chance he may not be able to fly back in time to play qualifying round on Monday...

Talked to several players...they do prefer to have main draw played in 2 days...

There were some talk to scrap the qualifying round but Thomas Lund disagreed that all players have a chance to fight to get into main draw....I have complained that BWF needs to revise the points as 1st and 2 nd losers in qualifying round receive same points...it does not make sense.

#26 huangkwokhau, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    This is my first time attending Ina Premier. It is a very big event. It shows that organizers of the event put a lot of effort for that. A lot of decoration about badminton & INA glories here and there.... Sadly i have not gone inside the stadium though, i have just sightseeing during lunch time, & rush back to office straight away. Hopefully i could watch the Semis on Saturday. :D

8. bal-bal

bal-bal Regular Member

PNS
    woaaa, need special thread to discuss??
    I am one of spectator when round 1st and saw untill the end ...
    I give compliment to djarum and the officials, they work very hard until the night ..
    I saw djarum girl still in stadium until mid-night, around 00.00 a.m. I talked to my friend how tired looked was they and absolutely they feeling cold with only wear mini shirt and hot pants ( I am also feeling cold although wearing jacket :D)
    I saw hauge too. He was very busy from morning until morning again. He looked exhausted. no wonder, wasn't he?

But I enjoy watching DIO 2012.
    The tournament better than last year (especially the arena, booth, etc ) and it's exciting experience (for me :D)
    supporting dino until my voice disappear (maybe if I am and a few supporter not give cheer to dino, he will lose :p), I get t-shirt from arya and alamsyah too, and falling asleep in office over 4 hours ahahaha
    SEMANGAT for Officials, Hauge, and Djarum Girls :)
    eh, for Indonesia Player too :D
    .just sharing what i thought.

9. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Planning of matches is very important.
    Everybody (players, fans and officials) would like to do things within "normal" hours. If bwf can come up with a rule that requires organiser to start last match of the day by 10pm, then bwf can leave the "headache" to the organiser and let them decide how many courts are needed so that the "10pm time rule" can be compiled.

Live TV telecast needs to schedule their program too. Yesterday (14th June) Starhub Singapore TV stopped Live telecast around 8pm (SG time). But last match finished around 1130pm (SG time). Even TV programmer cannot do a full Live telecast (I wonder if it is because they do not have a 'end' time).

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Anything above 11pm is considered excessive. Sad case. ;)

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Let see how late Singapore Open finish the matches.....if you guys care so much..Please write to BWF...Taking action is always better .....

12. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Hi Hauge,
    Sorry, I thought you are with BWF, that is why you are replying and explaining . . . . :)
    I believe many badminton enthusiasts would like to feedback to BWF, and that is why many are 'feeding back' in this BC forum.
    If you can provide us a direct email address to BWF, I will try to write to BWF. :)

Btw, this feedback is not about Indonesia or Singapore or . . . . I think BWF as the regulating body should have better grip to the situation. :)

13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Keep 6 courts, reduce some fronts seats for the display & TV

14. lawrencecktang

lawrencecktang New Member

Student
    cant agree more

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

On Thursday we have 13/14 matches played in each of the 3 courts with 11am start that works reasonably well.

One option is to have 4 courts for the last 16 as well thus spread them evenly between the 2 days. At the moment we have 20 matches over 4 courts for Day1 (Wed), if we have 15 matches for days 1 and 2 over 4 courts, both have a 10am start that should work.

Of course that will mean someone has to play 2 matches a day but probably with no matches start after 10pm.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Tine is fighting WYH!!!

17. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Or 4, if you're playing mixed and straight doubles.