Who do u think will win the Malaysia National junior circuit grand final 2007

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by joanne_lee, Apr 27, 2007.

1. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

wow..... looks like u dislike both of them. and u wrote as if u have alot of inside info.

I happen to like Lydia and Sonia and I dont think its fair comment. Sonia won the two southern circuit which is held in Melaka and KL when she is twelve while Tan Khong Yuen and Lim Pei Xuan won one each. That account for the top seed position in the MSSM.

Lydia won the under 15 and 18 MSSM title. that is why she is top seed.

Sonia won Yang Li Lian in the one of the tournament held in KL last year and she won her again in the MSSM U 15 this year.

I believe that both of them are equally good as I saw them played the Pahang Open this year. Though Sonia lost in the quarter, she displayed guts and spirit for a 14 years old. She has fine skill. She played Flora of Sabah who is much older and stronger than her, She stretched her to 3 sets and i feel thats good enough.

2. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

i feel these are all potential junior player and we should encourage them and be proud of them.

3. AmandaMun

AmandaMun Regular Member

student
    Hahaha........well,i have friends in BJSS as i am a state player myself.Looks like u r somehow related to them.Seen your post and it's mostly bout both lydia and sonia.Ok,i dun wanna offend anyone here.U seem to have more "internal" info than i can ever hav.

4. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

How i wish i am related to them. Yes I follow their progress very closely as i have a son who love badminton and who is a fan of Lydia Cheah. I luv badminton too.

What I am surprise is that why u seem to be a little biased toward these two kids.Have they offended u in anyway that u wrote such forum

5. AmandaMun

AmandaMun Regular Member

student
    If that's what u think,then when it looks like Khe Wei,Tiffany and Tee Jing Yi offended me too. Hahahahahaha..........I'm glad to know that there is someone who actually supports our own malaysian team. Cheers:)

6. gurvinder

gurvinder Regular Member

Y most of the issues are about lydia and sonia? Haha. I know lydia..saw her in Pahang Open recently. Unfortunately lost to Vivian Ho. She played well in the second game but gosh,who knows what happen in the final set.. Is sonia lydia's sister btw? She is the one who played in the singles semi final with Tiffany during the recent Pahang Open rite? Damn..she's very good for her age of 14 then..

7. *Hello_Kitty***

*Hello_Kitty*** New Member

Yeap.Sonia's Lydia Cheah's sister. But think she lost in the quaterfinals to Flora durin the recent Pahang Open. I wuz there but cant recall the score though..it wuz strectched till 3 games but Flora took complete control of the game in the final set.
    Anyway, the girl who u r mentioning in the semi's is Yang Li Lian!!hahaha. Yea~she is a really good player. Very skillfull n graceful on court. She had improved a lot since the first time i saw her in the Selangor Closed 2004. And she is very cute as well.. always with her sweet smile.. V^V hehe. OMG,i thnk i might sounded like her no.1 fan..hahahaha..

8. champion8

champion8 Regular Member

Thats right we are all here to support the Malaysian Team. There should not be malicious comment that could spoilt any players reputation.

Keep going Junior.... U r our future.

9. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    The discussion seems to have ended for quite some time. But the tournament is now entering the Finals.

http://www.bam.org.my:8080/NationalJuniorGrandFinals2007/upload/results/daily_results.html

in the U16 GS category, the State Trained Sabah Girl I mentioned is now just 1 more step away from taking the U16 title but will have to beat a very worthy oponent in Tee Jing Yi. Good Luck Florah.

Another note is 17 year old Asry Abas of Sabah made it into the finals of the U18 BS category and will face Kuan Kam Chung for the title.

If Kedah is the power house of Malaysian Badminton, no doubt Sabah is very fast catching up.

Overall very good performances from the State based players. No BJSS dominance seen throughout the tournament save the doubles category where they have the luxury of combining partnering players from a large pool of 'talent'.

This as usual puts great pressure to the BJSS national youth squad as they are sitting on tax payers money. Expect alot of 'recruitment excercizes' to take place in the following months.

TBBMBB(N)

#29 jug8man, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Almost one year down the road, Lydia Cheah & Khe Wei has made the Uber Cup squad. Khe Wei & Wee Kiong won Asia Juniors XD.

Tee JY at 17 also made the Uber Cup squad after her impressive performance in National GP in both WS & WD. Though she didnt win, bright future for our Msia WS.

LCW won SS titles and WMC stepped up her game a notch to win her 1st SS title.

Interesting how "juara kampung"s & "Naib juara kampung" have improved in 1 year.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    we should be fair to both women and men players...not because they have no result(at that moment)...then they should be ignore...in chinese phase...this call:want horse to be good but didnt let it to eat grass...

hmm...we should support malaysia female badminton player just like how we support malaysia male player...

peace...^^...