who is the most polite player??

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by sweetluv, Aug 25, 2005.

1. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Maybe Msia isnt their lucky ground? How long since a chinese won the MS or MD title in Msia? Gaoling is the only one wins frequently here, thats why she did mention that she like Msia fans :p

2. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Chinese players are not that cocky lah,I met some of them during INA SS.Especially gao ling,she smiles a lot,Zheng bo and Zhang jun are also the same.And shen Ye is nice also

3. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

It's all about individual interpretation, perceptions & speculations. I was told by a Chinese that much as some of Malaysian fans are hesistant, some of the Chinese players like Fu/Cai, LD, BCl also have their reservations. They have become somewhat 'guarded'. Generally, on a one-to-one basis, there is no 'wall' between fans & players.

It's Visit Malaysia Year 2007 and the World Championship will be held in KL. Let the spirit of peace & friendship thrives.

4. soleha

soleha Regular Member

student
    agree with you!!! thanx joyous.....

5. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    I don't get it. Are people like Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng friendly then?? Or polite to their fans regardless where they come from??

6. blazingchaos

blazingchaos Regular Member

i think bao chun lai is friendly.. he's a more conservative person i think. i saw him last year in spore and he did agree to my request of a photo. but i think he's a really quiet person as i went for an exchange programme in china and chanced upon their team at the airport of liaoning in shenyang. while the rest were chatting, he was actually just standing there with them and smiling. so i guess its just his nature.

7. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Personally, I know none of them but like I had said it's individual's (fan & players) interpretation & perception. And circumstances can determine the mood. That's why we have this saying "got out of the wrong side of the bed'.
    Maria Sharapova at the recent French Open was booed for delaying the match and I quote her response to the audience "You can't be a tennis player & Mother Teresa at the same time". This is how she feels but some of the fans may not accept that as well.

8. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

is just concidence that the chinese players are rushing to get the bus or they are just not in very good mood(they are badminton players not celebrities) i dun think malaysian fan have bad impression with the chinese player... i think the best way of supporting a person is to stand by their side and no demands or complains.... jia you to all friendly and good players out there!!

9. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Maybe they dont understand what u said?
    They thought u begging for money???

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Do u remember the last year incident?it happen in Sarawak,malaysia.its malaysian open(i think).LIn Dan refuses to wear traditional hat of Sarawakian in front of our minister.It was badly rude.Malaysian who show support for him at first boo him.At that moment,only god how i loathed him.This guy is really jerk.I lost my respect for this star.He may be upset after the dramatic losing to LCW but what he did is annoying.With the gloomy face and rude action,how can i respect him??

11. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    well yeah, malaysia open last year. lin dan was leading chong wei by 20-12 but lost in the end. dont u think that is very hurting to him? i mean, oh well.. at first when i saw that incident last year (including the incident where LD flung his racket to the floor right after he lost the match point), i thought, "gosh he is so bad-tempered." and when he refused to wear the traditional hat, i even think that he doesnt have good sportsmanship.
    after that everybody started talking about this thing and i remember Li Yong Bo standing out to explain for LD. I slowly think that it is actually rather understandable. maybe he is just very straight forward with his emotions. flinging the racket and refusing to wear the cap because he lost when he thought he was gonna win.. well, i know not all people will agree with this but i think he isnt THAT bad, although he is very hot tempered.

about BCL *coughs*. it was just a coincidence that the china team was rushing for the bus. he is very friendly, as i know and he likes his fans a lot, i guess if he had a choice he would have stayed back and take photos with those who requested for one. the chinese arent that bad actually. :D ;)
    BCL is not exactly naturally quiet but he's just more shy. :eek: LOL... yeah. shy. so uhm, that explains why he seldom talk. but to those who he is really close to, i supposed he is a very nice friend. :D
    so hey, let's not kill the whole flock of birds just because of one miserable black bird. *lmao. chinese players arent as bad as how some people think. :D :p :rolleyes: :)

12. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Agree with you. I always like chinese players although most of the people here dont like them

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    after so much proves,u still supporting them???stop looking excuses on behalf of them.Sorry if this statement is quite rough

14. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Well..it is known that we tend behave unpleasantly when emotions take over our mind.

But i'm sure he knows that he misbehaved and learn how to deal with his emotions.

Man..that kind of loss..8 match points!!! Who wouldn't feel and behave like that??? So close to victory!! But it slipped away like THAT!
    Poor Lin Dan. LOL! :D

15. dingding

dingding Regular Member

I think the most polite player is Tan Boon Heong. He is always cool and calm in the court. He is always smiling. I have never met him in person. However, his personality and perseverance in his games are oustanding. Cheers to him and good luck to Koo-Tan and whole Msian team in Sudirman Cup! :)

16. dingding

dingding Regular Member

I think Taufik is a good player. He may not be the most polite one.... hahaha... But I truly admire the way he manages himself in court. He is cool and calm when playing... And his skills are outstanding.. Cheers to Taufik! :)

17. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Hmm...everybody make mistakes including myself. LD was probably angry with himself given the circumstances and not at his opponent or fans.
    I'd rather move on & think well of him as well as other players who have fumbled in their behaviour along the way & dwell on their good points instead. Certainly when I make a silly mistake, I don't want people to keep harping on it and condemn me for life.

18. syusuke ika

syusuke ika Regular Member

student
    hwaaaaaaaaaaa ..so bad >>de most suitable name fo' him ... >> ~:mad:da worst man eva'`..hahha .......

19. syusuke ika

syusuke ika Regular Member

student
    hehe .....
    >>agree wif u lorhh ......
    >>lil. cute tan boon heong ..
    >>not arrogant ....not rude....not selfish
    >>frenly ..... hahhahah ......i admire him so muchhaaa:p

20. vellin

vellin Regular Member

Undergraduate student
    I agree with you. Bao is really a friendly guy. But he's very shy. Last time I met him in Indo SS. A lot of fans were looking forward to meet him and take photos. BUt after playing a match, he went back to hotel directly. Not like other chinese players, who prefer to watch their team mate play against other players. I think he's afraid of his fans. :p
    Luckily, I got pics with him. :D