Who will qualify for the SS final?

Discussion in 'Super Series Final 2007' started by 2cents, Jul 6, 2007.

1. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

The most laughable thing of all for the Champion of the SS series titles:

Cause he or she can never boasted, he/she is the top badminton players even if he win this title cause not all top 8 players play here.

Better be All England champion than SS series final champion cause usually all of the best players will play All England except for injured or something specific reason.

2. avataar

avataar Regular Member

Guys before we pass judgement on success and failures of attempts made by BWF try to understand the thought process going into the attempt.

The NSS , the organising of the SS this year are all initiatives being made by the BWF to popularise the game(lets leave the right or wrong bit aside for the moment)

Some of these attempts will work, some wont but a lot will improve and refine thru trial and error. I agree that the administrators of the sport have at times come across as bueraucratic, but instead of blatant critisism we as fans of the game need to look at ways of learning from the rights and wrongs of the happenings of the badminton world.

We also need to honestly look and set short term goals(this needs to be the objective of badminton this year-proportionate tournament offerings for players from all fedrerations asia,ocenia,europe,pan am) This is a step by step process and shall take time to refine.

Pls remember we are still a long way from enjoying popularity as tennis but im sure u all will agree that badminton has spread more across the world evry year on year....

3. fook1125

fook1125 Regular Member

According to the regulations,one country maximum can only represent 2 player or pairs in this ss final.So below are the latest qualification of ss final after china master:

MEN SINGLE
    1. Lin Dan
    2. Bao Chunlai
    3. Lee Chong Wei
    4. Gade Peter
    5. Jonassen Kenneth
    6. Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    7. Boonsak Ponsana
    8. Sato Shoji

Women Single
    1. Xie xingfang
    2. Xu Huai Wen
    3. Zhu Lin
    4. Pi Hong Yan
    5. Wang Chen
    6. Nedelcheva Petya
    7. Hirose Eriko
    8. Wong Mew Choo/Yip Pui Yin/Yao Jie

I feel that if until finish 12 tournaments,this three people also same points,then i think wong mew choo will qualify.Because each have 8 super series tournaments,yip pui yin and yao jie have one quarter-finalist and one semi-finalist each,but wong mew choo have one runner-up and one quarter-finalist.......So i think because mew choo best performance(runner up) good than yao jie and yip pui yin one(semi-finalist),so i think if after 12 ss series also like this,mew choo will qualify.I think mew choo still have chance la.....coz hirose eriko now hurt......and after the wbc,mew choo world ranking will break into 9,although she cannot be a seed,but i think her draw not so tough if compare to the before one le......

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    The list would have been perfect if TH able to displace Sato by the end of Qualification Periods.

5. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

I don't know why all of you are arguing.
    It's only one out of 12 SS tournaments which only allows 2 players per country.
    I love chinese players like LD, BCL and Chen Yu.
    I love many players like Taufik, Gade, Jonassen, Shoji, Boonsak, Sony, even if they aren't as dominant.
    But to only see chinese players in the final event? That sucks.

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yup, perfect with Taufik...

I happen to agree with you, samuel... Sorry Sato, some of us just want to see Taufik more than you... Even the TV broadcasters would like to see Taufik. Better for TV ratings and worldwide-fan-attention... :D

One thing about that list: even though Bao is ranked higher than Chen Jin, LYB might choose to rely on Chen Jin more... thus he might just choose Chen Jin. Wah, all the female BC fans will grill LYB if he really did it... ;)

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    LYB might stick to choose Bao CL base on 2 factors :

1. Bao perfomance always been stable in Major tournament compare with CJ

2. Bao is popular among all those female fans .. He needs to get support frm them to end his winless streak in hunting for major crown :p

8. funnymei89

funnymei89 Regular Member

lee yong-dae n jjs will definitely get into ss finals!!!

9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    A thumbs up to BWF...

Well, I happen to agree with you, avataar. I observe that the sheer number of tournaments and participants this year has been outstanding compared to 2006. I give a thumbs up to BWF for this... :) Puerto Rico, Mexico, Suriname has BWF sanctioned tournaments now. How about that?!? :D

Regarding the player-centris or country-centris... In the future, I hope badminton becomes more like soccer where there's quite a balance in player-centris, club-centris, and country-centris... ;)

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My hunch is..

..according to the regulation, if 1 country can represent, at maximum, 2 players or pairs, then i would say Sony AND Taufik will make it;):)..I also feel this could be a preview of next yr's Olympics, where only 2 representatives, in each event, can represent a country..;):cool:

11. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

We should think these as follows:

1. the World/SS Ranking of Chinese players/pairs NOW:eek:

MS 5 out of WR TOP8 (1,2,3,5,7) / 4 out of SS Ranking (1,2,3,5)
    WS 4 out of WR TOP8 (1,2,3,7) / 4 out of SS Ranking (1,3,4,6)
    MD 1 out of WR TOP8 (1) / 1 out of SS Ranking (1)
    WD 4 out of WR TOP8 (1,2,3,5) / 4 out of SS Ranking (1,2,4,8)
    XD 3 out of WR TOP8 (1,3,8) / 3 out of SS Ranking (1,3,7)
    Average:17 out of 40-42.5% / 16 out of 40-40%

2. World Champion/Olympic Champion NOW:cool::

MS World Champion Lin Dan
    WS World Champion Zhu Lin / Olympic Champion Zhang Ning
    MS World and Olympic Champion Zhang Jiewen/Yang Wei
    XD Olympic Champion Zhang Jun/Gao Ling

If China don't go to play, the Finals look like .............:rolleyes: BUT Lee CW maybe get MS Champion this time:p

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    If it plays at Doha....I am not sure if BCL will be popular among Middle easterners....:(:(

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Who cares if he is popular or not in Doha.

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    3 max for the Olympics!

It is possible to get 3 representatives in every category of Olympics badminton. Provided that they are ranked between 1 to 4 in the BWF world rankings. :p The Olympic qualification regulation said so... ;)

Superpower China will probably have 3 representatives in MS, WS, WD... Most other powerful badminton countries like INA, MAS, DEN will have 2 representatives in most categories...

15. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    not true, it is just that BWF loves badminton more than china............:D:D:D nothing wrong with that. It's BWF not BCF, Badminton China Federation.

16. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    ill prefer to watch
    Days of our Lives than the SS finals if it's going to be all China finals.:D:D:D:D

17. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

Haiya... do you come across any badminton players wearing REEBOK or NIKE attires or shoes when on court? Sure laa, different maaa... YONEX oredi monopolized the sponsorship oredi. Big boys like NIKE and REEBOX won't want to compete with small players like YONEX... waste revenue and drop their standard, unless someday BADMINTON become a BIG sports with big big price money like tennis... LOL :D:D:D

18. hhs1000

hhs1000 Regular Member

Why does the quota per country is still needed in Badminton ?. Here are my takes,
    1. Players need to start developing their own personality, so fans will start associating themselves with players first and country second. Start by learning communication skill, give better comment than ' i will try my best ', ' the best player win '. These comments are rubbish, waste of newspaper space. That is why there are so little written about badminton as the players and coaches are crap at communication skill and say nothing newsworthy.
    2. The frequent WO when matches involve China vs China. Stupid is stupid does. With every wo/retired, it is a two-step backward for badminton. Again, even if the game is played, still not many people interested. Why ?. See 1. No personality!. When Pete Sampras vs Andre Agassi were on, fans were watching with great interest as they take side. Still not happening in badminton yet as players are not iconic enough.

3. So, players, coaches, do your homework for the good of badminton. Do yourself a favor to get the game interesting and fan interested starting with yourself.

19. fook1125

fook1125 Regular Member

women singles ranking with 10 best tournament

1.XIE Xingfang 78040
    2.ZHANG Ning 66940
    3.LU Lan 59960
    4.ZHU Lin 57140
    5.PI Hongyan 55800
    6.XU Huaiwen 50340
    7.WANG Chen 47360
    8.WONG Mew Choo 45920
    9.TINE Ramussen 43100