Who will win the MS title at the 2009 WC?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by Oldhand, Jul 21, 2009.

?

Who will win the MS title at the 2009 WC?

Poll closed Aug 9, 2009.
  1. Lee Chong Wei

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chen Jin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Peter Gade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Taufik Hidayat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lin Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sony Dwi Kuncoro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Joachim Persson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Park Sung Hwan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Hsieh Yu Hsing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Yan Kit Chan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Bao Chunlai

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Cool down X Ball, otherwise your crystal ball will be completely shattered and you may not be able to decipher your own face from it. :D

No insults are intended. The conclusions are all yours and the negative words and inferences came from your own mouth. :cool:

Not to worry too much, for whether the players and/or coaches are good enough, they will have to face reality in the end. Whether your predictions will come true or not it will soon be revealed. :rolleyes: Just pray that you are dead right! :D

We're here to arouse greater interest and to enjoy, remember? :)

#161 Loh, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Uncle Loh, do u think all this is illegal or what........:confused:

We are proud that LCW trying hard to win this WC with all legal and right methods, he trained hard, even went to Korea to consult LM, sparing with Korean players,.....IF he fail again after all this.......no regrets and i think he will keep on trying......thats Sprotmanship is about.......keep improving yourself and try to beat the best(LD)...........and never afraid of what ever back fire...............;)

3. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Just a suggestion, why don't you ask Ronald Susilo to be a little bit more consistent in international competitions(read, try to beat LD again), instead of trying to belittle LCW with LD's acheivements? Or perhaps, there's nothing left to be talk about in Singapore badminton to the extent that you have to resolve to switching your target to your poor's neighbour's national players?

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

In the midst of all this, you all seemed to have forgotten that Misbun was there and that LCW also had other people to "consult" while there (its not Li Mao).
    And who says it was actually Li Mao training, could be Misbun conducting the training, the rest is smoke screen, hehe. PSH sparred with LCW yes, I suppose Korea BA thought why not leh, OG silver medalist, better for PSH.

Yup, it could have gotten LYB & LD pissed and worried. ;):p

You all read2 the articles, didnt read thoroughly.:D

#164 eaglehelang, Aug 4, 2009
  5. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I do not see that any of Loh's posts belittled LCW in any manner.

It is true, LD and practically the whole CHN squad hate Li Mao.

It is also true, that a player training with another country's coach, is not in the natural order of things. Especially when training for a major tournament. Under no circumstances did Loh say that it was the wrong or illegal thing to do. In any case, Li Mao, Misbun, they are great coaches, but they can only work on tactics. How they are applied on court is up to the player's mind.

Finally, it is also spot on, when Loh mentioned LCW needs more than just Li Mao to beat LD. He needs to find in himself, all the things no coach in the world can provide. Belief and confidence. And the grand ability for recovery from a bad position.

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

LD is going to win if he Is 100% It doesn't matter what his ranking is

7. eaglehelang

Uncle Loh didnt say so outright but it was implied from these sentences :
    but I don't see this as normal and certainly not in order. :cool:

LD is using 'legitimate' resources to help him not a coach from another country which is not officially engaged for the purpose.

Saying sthing is not in order naturally means not in order lor, like life not in order - messy. In normal Msian english it implies 'it's not correct to do' That certainly is stronger than "not in natural order of things."
    legitimate in "" implies it's not really legit lor(very very clear to me & if I dont want to say it directly, that's how I would put it too), esp after "not in order". :p:p:D

Anyway, our uncle Loh seems to be having fun with all the banter.

#167 eaglehelang, Aug 4, 2009
  8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Uncle Loh, LCW starts up at 7am (probably earlier) and he trains every day except when he gets time off from the coach. He has put in more effort than any other player I have seen and today he gets to where he is because of his dedication.

To throw a few words here and there that suggests he is doing it wrong and to say it would backfire on him is almost saying LCW doesn't know what he is doing and you do.

Ok have fun on him. No problemo.:rolleyes:

#168 X Ball, Aug 4, 2009
  9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LCW does not need Li Mao to beat LD. He was there to train, away from the distractions at home. But he is not too proud to acknowledge a good coach like Li Mao, and that is the way it is. Loh was trying to put more slant to this.

10. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Oh, really? Read below?

Probably it is just me, but the whole statement seems to suggest that LCW is completely at LD's mercy and he could only win if LD 'let' him to. I don't know much about South East Asians' culture(probably you guys are a little more tolerant to usage of words as such) but to me this is an insult to the player who is competing on an equal ground with LD. What are you trying to suggest? The difference in LD and LCW is so huge that his entire fate in WC is completely decided by LD? Or is Loh trying to suggest that's nothing LCW can do no matter how hard he tries? For goodness sake, I won't even say this to a less achieved player like Ronald Susilo, let alone LCW.

/sarcasm on
    Sure, LCW will still need LD and LYB's permission to overcome LD. Ohh, probably Loh's permission too.
    /sarcasm off

#170 lcleing, Aug 4, 2009
  11. eaglehelang

Errrr, it's 6.30 am, that's when Misbun trains his back up players, LCW joins in. Misbun go earlier still, 6 am, after dawn prayers, that's where LCW says he gets his motivation to go early, the coach already there waiting.

Anyway, i suddenly realise we off-topic already, since LCW thread have similar thing, haha.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Probably it is just me, but the whole statement seems to suggest that LCW is completely at LD's mercy and he could only win if LD 'let' him to. I don't know much about South East Asians' culture(probably you guys are a little more tolerant to usage of words as such) but to me this is an insult to the player who is competing on an equal ground with LD. What are you trying to suggest? The difference in LD and LCW is so huge that his entire fate in WC is completely decided by LD? Or is Loh trying to suggest that's nothing LCW can do no matter how hard he tries? For goodness sake, I won't even say this to a less achieved player like Ronald Susilo, let alone LCW.

I agree that both LD and LCW are the best players in the world at the moment but LD suppporters thinks that it is LD title to lose at this WC, esp Loh. What about PG, Taufik and others? They are all pros and are training very hard too. Though I voted for LCW, it's fine with me whoever wins except LD. Let's see what his supporters have to say if LD doesn't win the title.

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Can't wait for China to dominate

14. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yeah, me too :D

15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Malaysia is definitely a badminton power house. The players there are very smart, hardworking and disciplined. The people there love badminton so much, even treat it as national sport. But unfortunately, Malaysia has not got any success in recent several decades. They have never won any Olympic gold, have never won any World Championship either.

We can always see many good players at all different levels of tournaments from Malaysia. They also spend big money to hire the best coaches in the world. Their companies all heartedly sponsor the tournaments and players…… Even at this small forum for badminton, Malaysia has got the biggest fan base here. Why they just cannot produce single one world champion ever? Malaysia even created a unique slogan “Malaysia Boleh”, but at the end, it is always Malaysia which failed to Boleh.

Human character is the most important factor which determines all the others. The people there are special: native Malay and indigenous people are majority and Chinese descendants take 23% of the population. I believe Malaysian is only one of the very few counties who legally discriminate minorities. Chinese descendants have been suffering a broad range of unfairness, but strangely, they accept it as an integrated part of their life. Chinese descendants are very hardworking and disciplined, they did comparably well in personal achievements comparing native Malay people. But they also behave very restrained with cautiousness and worries under that special environment.

Because this special social structure, Chinese descendants in Malaysia are very good even in badminton. This can be explained by their open education, hardworking and discipline. They know they have to work extra under the discriminating laws, but on the badminton court, it’s still a fair game. That environment made them know how to work smart and work hard, but they never know how to release their passion and energy.

Look at all those Malaysian players (Chinese descendants), they are all very modest, humble, and shy. They have learnt from their life that they have to control their feelings, their passions inside. They have learnt to take care of the majority’s feelings in the cost of sacrificing their own.

But what is champion character? Look at Lin Dan, Taufik…, a champion has to be arrogant, a champion has to be impatient, a champion has to be wild, has to be reckless; a champion has to be able to release his passion, his energy at maximum as he wants to.

That’s the reason why they failed to Boleh big time. From the early years of Malaysia, even Prime minister Mahathir doubted Malay people’s ability at the beginning, he used Malaysian Boleh at the beginning to encourage Malay people’s confidence that they can do whatever the other countries, other nations, other races can do. In the process of this great social changes, Chinese descendants in Malaysian have learnt to restrained themselves to let the Malay people Boleh. This biological fingerprint / bio marker has been inserted into their genes.

The biggest Malaysian Boleh in badminton is still Hafiz’s all England champion. There is no wonder now, Hafiz is a native Malay only who can Boleh.

For LCW, WCH, KKK, TBH,…, the top players from Malaysian, but Chinese descendants. Their badminton levels have already reached the best in the world, but they have to open their human nature before grab any world champions. Even teenager girls know that, only bad guys who dare to be bad, can get the most beautiful girls.

But unfortunately, Malaysia’s discriminating law will not change soon, or will never change. Malaysia Chinese knew they were different when they were born. They were taught to avoid confrontation with others. Can we imagine Lee CW suddenly becoming arrogant, wild, reckless…? If Lee CW happens to read this article of mine, he could probably win this world champion.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Yep..that's..^^

..Malaysia Boleh to ya!!..;)
    ..i'm not a LD supporter but i would think the same, too, that it's LD's title to lose...Heck, even the current poll shows BCers overwhelmingly believe LD will put another heartbreak to LCW and his many die-hard supporters, should they meet in the Semis..;)

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I'm sorry you think this way and make general 'negative' conclusions but on the other hand you are a newbie with only 17 posts to your credit. It is better that you refrain from making "personal" references since you do not know what has transpired in the past.:D

So please take back your suggestion.

18. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

We are all got used to it alreadylah :D:D.........we can only hope for the better now.........Anyway, LCW determination and hard works have make us feel very proud :p.;)..........

19. yellowduck

yellowduck Regular Member

finance
    its great u guys feels so strongly about lindan and chongwei. i just wonder if both players are in fact good friends and hang out after matches? i seem to notice them having smiles on their faces each time they play. im malaysian and i thoroughly enjoy watching both players. i do think lindan is a more gifted player. having said that i vote chongwei. malaysia boleh!

20. yadzli.amn

yadzli.amn Regular Member

Consultant Director
    I totally agree with you bro.. Both are gifted player. Somehow for top players they are normally have some sort of mutual respect between each other.

I would really like to see how both of them play an exhibition game to show all their gifted skill as what the tennis player @ table tennis player used to do. I am sure all of us will be thrilled to watch it. Imagine LD smashes at 308 km/h while LCW will lunge his body to take the smash and then beautifully crafted the cross court net play with double wrist action...:D:D:D

Goshhh.... sport is for fun and a way of communicating to the others. Prize money is for competition and at the end the friendship is priceless...;););)

Enjoy the games bros and sis....