who will win the thomas cup?

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cup 2002' started by ligak, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Valentino

Valentino Guest

yes thats what i mean
    chinas ladies are the best i think though, lucky that there country is not muslim. cuz they have more ladies playing badminton then in indonesia where the population is muslim

2. Wong

Wong Guest

No racial or religious remarks please!!!

I do not know what your intention is, but please don't bring up any issues regarding race or religion here.
    This forum has no place for these nonsense, this forum and badminton is for everyone regardless of race. If you want to mention things like that, I suggest you leave us.

3. Valentino

Valentino Guest

Re: No racial or religious remarks please!!!

excuse me im not intedning any racial stuff, im indonesian here ok.

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Wait a second!

I feel I must speak up to Valentino's defense here.

Religion, whatever the flavor, has always been used as an excuse for oppression of specific groups. This has nothing to do with race. In fact, it has more to do with society than with religion.

I assume that was Valentino is getting is at is that in a strong muslim country, women may indeed have fewer career options -- including pursuing a career in sports.

However, I am not sure if this applies to Indonesia, or if it can be used to explain Indonesia's comparatively poor results of their badminton ladies... (If you had said "Afghanistan" then OK, but Indonesia... naah?)