Will it be CTF-LWW or Fairuz-Zakry for Olympics?

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by carine, May 23, 2008.

1. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    So Shorty prefer Uncles & Rexy prefer Fuzzy,

Boxing match between Shorty & Rexy to determine who is going? :cool:

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

My friend, our uncles are the most consistent pair this year 2008, reaching QF & Semi. As uncles, they almost beat in from Lee/Jung in AE, with 5 pt lead but bad in finishing, you think our Fuzzy can do that? So, if they rest up bf OG, they can still go all out for 1 last challenge. Uncle pairs (Denmark also) are hmmm crafty, they still have tricks that confuse younger pairs.

Fuzzy is up & down. TC qualifiers they choked against Korea stratch pair. AE, Swiss, ABC was better. So, dunno if they overcome their syndrome fully.

Anyway, we shall see in a few days time.

3. eaglehelang

Would appreciate it if you dont call Yap Kim Hock "Shorty". He was OG silver medalist with Cheah SK, no mean feat considering legendary Rexy/Ricky & other great pairs were around then.

I already replied in the other thread, Yap dont prefer uncles, that's your perception.
    Yap had also snubbed Uncles in the past when they performed miserably. Rexy also dont suddenly support Fuzzy wan, Rexy also praised Uncles as 'most consistent pair" in earlier statements. They praise when praise is due, for Rexy, he will also blast when he's angry with his charges (like with KKK recently )

4. SibugiChai

YAB
    I hope they win this time...

UNCLEs standing on the PODIUM.... weeping like a kid

:cool:

5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Wasnt the dateline for each country to submit entries for OG already being set at 23 July?
    why the need of so rush to make such decision?

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think it was 30 of may...23.7 was for seeding i think...

7. SibugiChai

YAB
    yalo...

why ah?

make no sense :cool:

8. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Badminton: Wan Wah is all right

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Shuttler Lee Wan Wah passed a medical test yesterday and he will get himself ready to participate in the men's doubles event of the Beijing Olympics in August.
    However, Choong Tan Fook had mixed reactions over news that his partner had been given a clean bill of health from a shoulder injury picked up at the Thomas Cup Finals in Jakarta two weeks ago.
    He is disappointed that for all the hard work that they had put in over the last one-year to qualify for their third Olympics, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) are contemplating dropping them.
    Doubts over the fitness of Wan Wah had prompted the BAM coaching and training committee to postpone the naming of the men's pairs for the Olympics.
    [​IMG] A real torment: BAM to make a final decision on Friday whether Wan Wah (left) and Tan Fook will make the cut to the Beijing Olympic Games.
    They said on Saturday, Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif would be considered for the Games if medical tests on Wan Wah turned out unfavourable.
    BAM general manager Kenny Goh said yesterday that they would make a final decision on Friday on the pair to join Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong for the Beijing Games.
    “The test (at the National Sports Institute) showed that I was only suffering from a minor muscle strain. It is all right now. The injury could have gotten worse if I had played during the Thomas Cup Finals,” said Wan Wah.
    “I am confident that I will be going to Beijing. They (the BAM) have no reason now not to select Tan Fook and I for the Games. I am not injured.”
    Tan Fook said that the uncertainly over their participation in the Games even though they had qualified as the fourth ranked pair in the world was tormenting for them for the last one week.
    “I knew Wan Wah's injury was not serious. We have about three months more to the Olympics and Wan Wah could get back on his feet in matter of days. I can't understand why we had to go through this at this stage,” he said.
    Tan Fook added that it was unfair to question their position in the squad.
    “One year ago, despite our age and our condition, we were given the task to qualify for the Olympics. Like everyone else, we worked hard, got up early in the morning for training and sacrificed so much for the sport,” he said.
    “We made the top 16 cut as the country's best pair. Then they tell us we may not get to go. This is not right. If they were not serious with us, they should have asked us to stop even before the qualifying season began.”
    Despite their condition, Tan Fook said that they had always given their best.
    “It is unfortunate that I got ill at the Thomas Cup Finals. My condition was bad. At that time, I thought that the best decision for the team was to field another player, who was in a better condition,” he said.
    “In the past, Wan Wah and I played on despite adversities. During the World Championships and China Open last year, Wan Wah had fever but he still played. We have never taken our responsibilities as players in the national team lightly.”
    At the World Championships and China Open, Wan Wah-Tan Fook emerged as Malaysia's best performers – reaching the semi-finals.
    At the last two Olympics, Tan Fook-Wan Wah failed to get among the medallists and they hope to succeed in their last attempt.

9. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

aarrrgghhh... after the medical test, BAM has no choice but to "sponsor" them to Beijing for "honeymoon" ;)

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Spot on!!!!!!! ;)

11. SibugiChai

YAB
    Angry

Hahahaha

I hope the UNCLEs use their ANGERs in the right way and smash their way to victory!

:D Now that choices has been made, I am all behind MALAYSIAN players!

12. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    players choice?

well said..if this pairs were asked to performed by BAM? n qualify back then, guess its correct to be in OG`08. Besides the media said he`s want IN OG`08 even as their last hurrah..
    Physically n mentally they are psyching to OG...ol or not everyone has to look meritoriously n the pair desires. has them.
    Guess this pair has my thumb up...but for future of badminton its always to bleed the young pair...Again there r other avenues to blood the young pairs for honours too.

13. SibugiChai

YAB
    Tournament

I just wonder how many Tournaments did BAM send UNCLEs and Fuzzy to?

If they are not send to the same number of tournaments that's mean its not fair to compare their ranking!

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    article posted before

15. eaglehelang

16. olympic

olympic Regular Member

One year ago when the qualifying season began,these 3 pairs were given the task to qualify for the Olympics.The numbers of tournaments they participated was not much difference.Only the result separated these 3 pairs--KKK-TBH going up&down;Fuzzy inconsistent;CTF-LWW most consistent.Isn't it very simple and straight forward?The world ranking already proven..

17. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Furthermore there should be a huge difference if we look at the results against top pairs. :cool:

18. eaglehelang

Ants announced in another thread that it's Uncles & KKK/TBH selected to go.

Actually, Fuzzy wasnt really in the running till HK Open 2007 when LWW got injured & had to go rehabilation for 3 weeks. It was uncles & KKK/TBH given the task to qualify at 1st. Fuzzy missed 2 tourneys in Denmark & France, one in Macau but that's abt it. They went for China & HK Open.

Jan 2008 Rexy Fuzzy should be sent too as reserve pair in case uncles got injury. Anyway, Fuzzy wasnt that impressive till TC, so.... uncles maintained their top spot.

19. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    ESPN reported that YKH confirmed the tickets to Beijing for Koo/Tan and Choong/Lee.

YKH stated the reasons thru phone interview:
    Koo/Tan have been proved that they can win major titles.
    Choong/Lee have the experience over the younger pair Fuzzy.
    Fuzzy are still young (compared to uncles) and still have chances in the future.

20. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER

Now Fuzzy prove to YKH that they can also win major title.
    And KKK/TBH is younger than the Fuzzy also. They should wait for the next chance, not Fuzzy.:(

**Opps, i forget KKK is a god.Keep praise KKK like a god.