Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by madbad, Feb 9, 2010.
thanks for the pics, madbad.. is that the opening ceremony or what?
But i recalled espn will broadcast the winter OG opening ceremony only 2moro night mas time?
That was the culmination of the Richmond leg of the Olympic Torch Relay. Opening Ceremony will be on 12th Feb, 6pm Vancouver time.
Hey madbad, will you be attending the opening?
There is a lot of buzz in downtown and my office overlooks the "downtown livecity". A bus load of tourist just pulled in, lots of security personnel, it is all good energy.
Come visit Vancouver and enjoy the olympics and as they say in Malaysian Badminton, CANADA BOLEH!
WELCOME TO VANCOUVER WORLD!
Best wishes for a thrilling WOG..
Vancouver is a prime and logistically sound location for holding an Olympic type event, esp. for Winter Olympics. The city has that multi-cultural atmosphere and ambience. And pretty much all the venues/locations are within driving distance; close to the waters and the mountains...only downside this time is the lack of natural snow in some of the venues..
The opening ceremony tonight, according to prediction, is going to be watched by over 2 billion people worldwide. Hopefully the weather cooperates so as not be a hindrance to all the (outdoor) events..
Big crowd waiting for the Olympic Torch to come by along West Georgia Street 3 hours ago.
Great update pics, kklam
Ha, if someone wants to give me $3,000 so that I can acquire 2 tickets, I'll be there. Great buzz going around town at the moment as the countdown continues.
Noticed that the MC at the O-Zone mis-spoke and said that he was happy to be in Surrey (instead of Richmond)
Did you noticed that the Sweden's team jackets in the Opening Ceremonies are "Li Ning" jackets?
Ooooooo Nelly!! She did look S-E-X-Y in that tight blue outfit
Vancouver is pretty warm compared to Whistler or Squamish.
Where's the snow?
Anyway Robson St/downtown rocks!
Hope to see more female RCMP (Policewoman).
She was interviewed by an equally hot Japanese reporter and media people.
What? You didn't know we don't normally get snow in Vancouver? And this is the warmest winter EVER?? Hope you're enjoying yourself
yes, nelly furtado is so sexy just now during the opening ceremony. who is the guy beside her?
actually those girls who take the country's name bearer attracts me more
That would be Brian Adams
What an opening day...
- Very sad news indeed of what happened to that Georgian luger. Yes, i saw the full video of the accident and a still image of the moment, just as the luger was about to hit the metal column (after he was thrown off his luge, he was flying backwards, and he seemed to hit the back of his head on the column). Really2 sad news & condolences to his family.
From what i gathered, there are several causes to the accident:
1. Some are pointing to the luger's lack of experience (age also) as the main cause. Since he came from a small, up-start luge country, he probably lacked the necessary technical training. Reports even mentioned that he made a costly mistake just as he was abt to enter that turn 16. For sure, from what i saw, he tried to save & correct the turn a bit too late.
2. From what i saw from the video of the accident, that particular stretch of track seems to lack any safety harness of any kind. If there was some kind of a raised buffer wall or soft partition between the track and the metal columns, who knows, maybe this tragedy wouldn't happen.
3. Is the track really "too fast" as many suggested? Maybe or maybe not.
Anyway, hopefully this will be the first and last accident of such nature and the officials will take into consideration all the safety requirements.
- From the opening ceremony, the only segment which caught my attention was the floor special fx sequence; great 2D & 3D fx (showing the water parting and all types of creatures playing). That is pretty darn amazing.
Good thing they let the athletes flock in and sit to enjoy the show.
Now, on to the real competition...
That would be Bryan Adams
The men's luge will now start from the Women's start gate and the organizers have modified the turn in question, all to reduce speed
Damn Canadians! Eh!