Wise 2086 - bug?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by johnlowe88, Apr 17, 2015.

1. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Hi people!

I don't string a lot of racquets, but do one or a couple at a time. I generally string the racquets the day before the racquet is required. Because of this, I usually set the next racquet tensions before I turn off the Wise.

So, for you Wise 2086 owners, can you try this?

Press M1 - note the tension that is recalled. Increase it by 1 lb, or any amount actually - just change it. Then save to M1 - i.e. press and hold M1 until it beep beeps. Then turn off the Wise. Turn it back on. The tension displayed is what you had last, ok?

Now, press M1 - what do you get? The new tension or the previous tension that you noted? For my Wise which is 2013 model, it consistently gives me the previously save tension and not the new tension that I set before I turned off.

I have been having this problem intermittently for the past couple of years, but have now worked out what was going on. If I save the tension, and then press M1 again, then turn off, and back on, it is fine.

I have reported this to my vendor, but am waiting to hear what they say - so thought I might ask you Wise 2086 owners about this.

-John

2. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I just tried and my Wise does exactly the same as yours. The memory doesn't save after the double beep unless you press M1 or M2 before switching off.

3. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Good to hear that it isn't just mine.

4. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

I have not really noticed anything with my Wise until I read this post, then realised that regardless of what you set the tension at prior to turning off the unit, it will turn on with tension setting at what the last pull was set at....