World Championships 2006 Day 5 (QF/SF)

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by madbad, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Badmincraze

Badmincraze Regular Member

haha, that a good one :cool:

it has been a long time since i came, have moved from Spore to the States for training. Missed badminton so much... cos nobody plays here (or maybe i'm staying at an ulu place :p) I wanna catch WC live but cant. They dun broadcast here!!! I missed my SCV,.... :(

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well, follow it with us here. hopefully there will be some sort of online broadcast. check the other thread.

3. Badmincraze

Well, i do follow with u guys... Even when at work :p Was hoping to be able to watch it live on internet, but couldn't find out the links... Nvm, shall just follow the livescores with you guys... But if u guys DO happen to know where i can watch live streaming, pls let me know.... Hee

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic..

..Badmincraze, you can try this thread for the webstream links..they're easy to d.l. and install...good luck;)
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36203&page=3

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

MAS fans should be happy..

..and keep on supporting their players eventhough most of the team are no longer competing(for various reasons)...They still have 6 players competing in 3 different events..And 2 of them happen to be in MS..;)

6. Badmincraze

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think Yang W / Zhang JW will w/o for Wei Yili / Zhang Yawen. for a few reasons:

1) Zhang JW has been reportedly injured. no reason to aggrevate the injury.
    2) all WD medals are in China's bag anyway.
    3) save Zhang YW a match to get prepared for her mixed match later on in the day...

8. adelina76

adelina76 Regular Member

Solicitor
    Geez! Can a thread get any longer??!

Was reading the day 4 stuff, close to 60 pages! And not one page with the results of all the events played on day 4.

Unfortunately, as I don't have time to go through all 60 pages to find out which player won which match by what score, would really really appreciate it if someone can please do a round up of the day's action with scores and who beat who etc! That would be awesome.

As usual, IBF website is too slow to show the latest results. Does the WC has an official webpage where we get the latest up to date results on the previous day's action or something?

Thanks!!

Adelina who wishes she's in Madrid instead of stuck at work in NZ :crying:

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The results are all here:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/(X(1)S(plo5aw55zndgfnfozlhevw45))/sport/matches.aspx?id=12171&day=95461

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My Predictions

MEN'S SINGLES QUARTER-FINAL
    Lee Chong Wei vs Bao Chunlai -- the Malaysian player has a 8-0record against Bao and he could add another win today.

Chen Jin vs Lee Hyun Il -- Chen Jin looked shaky in yesterday's victory over Kuan Beng Hong. But, I can't see him losing to Lee.

Chen Hong vs Peter Gade (MATCH OF THE DAY, TV) -- Chen Hong could well be physically spent after his tiring match against Taufik and I personally think Peter will make it.

Mohd Hafiz Hashim vs Lin Dan -- Hafiz was lucky enough to win yesterday and Lin Dan is clearly superior.

MEN'S DOUBLES QUARTER-FINAL
    Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto (MATCH OF THE DAY, TV) -- Luluk/Alvent haven't really convinced me in this WC and they have an inferior record against the Chinese pair. However, I hope that there's an upset :cool:

Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen vs Hwang Ji Man/Han Sang Hoon -- the Danes to win...

Anthony Clark/Robert Blair vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (TV) -- Kido/Hendra can go further, but, they have to first negotiate the tricky English pair today.

Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari/Lin Woon Fui vs Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen -- the reunited Danish pair was impressive last night and they should continue to do so today. Rexy will be devastated because all his MD pairs have gone home quite early :cool:

WOMEN'S SINGLES QUARTER-FINAL -- none will be on TV Court
    Zhang Ning vs Tracey Hallam -- I can't see Zhang Ning losing.

Petra Overzier vs Jiang Yanjiao -- ditto for Jiang.

Pi Hongyan vs Xie Xingfang (MATCH OF THE DAY) -- could be a rubber-game...but Xie should make it.

Petya Nedeltcheva vs Xu Huaiwen -- the German player should make it to the SF.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES SEMI-FINAL -- boring...no comment
    Gao Ling/Huang Sui vs Du Jing/Yu Yang

Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen vs Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen (TV, probably a WO as one of u mentioned)

MIXED DOUBLES QUARTER-FINAL -- 3 matches will be on TV Court!
    Koo Kien Keat/Wong Pei Tty vs Jonas Rasmussen/Britta Andersen (TV) -- the last match of the day and I sense another upset here.

Zhang Jun/Gao Ling vs Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg -- second last match of the day and the Chinese should not face any problem.

Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl vs Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms (TV) -- with the defeat of the top seed, Robertson/Emms will definitely see it as their best chance to win a World title. I concur with that!

Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam vs Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen (MATCH OF THE DAY, TV) -- I am banking on Sudket/Saralee to win...

11. pramilainc

pramilainc Regular Member

ACGT
    I watched on TV yday and Sudket/Saralee wasn't very convincing, while Sudket seemed charged up, Saralee was making a lot of unforced errors at the net, they were let off lightly becos of the Polish pair, but if they play like that dont think they stand a chance against the chinese...

I instead nominate following for the 'Match of the day'...

Whoever victorious here will emerge the WC I think. Reputation suggests Robertson/Emms the favourite, but Danish pair is fast improving and definitely under less pressure. Add to that Robertsons propensity loose radar for no particular reason, I think we are in for a much tighter game..

12. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il will not win against Chen Jin. Chen Jin might be the worst of the very-top level players (Lin Dan, LCW, PG, Chen Hong, BCL/Chen Jin/Taufik) in the world, but Lee Hyun Il is the best of just the 2nd-top level players in the world.

In other words, they're on slightly different level.

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Is your 'ulu' place such that only fighter jets or apache helicopters can reach?

Sorry you have to miss SCV. Tonight's QF matches on Ch 21 will start at 8 pm Singapore time and there will be 8 matches played on the TV court, presumably we'll be able to watch them here.

Top picks are as follows:

1. LCW v Bao CL
    2. Chen Hong (who beat TH last night) v PG
    3. Fu/Cai v Luluk/Yulianto

Unfortunately, the Hafiz v Lin Dan match is not played on the TV court.

Do enjoy your stay in the ulu place and visit us at BC for your badminton diet. :D

#33 Loh, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  14. Badmincraze

Not that ulu lah... juz that i'm not in major cities like NYC or SFO. 8pm Spore time means 8am on my side. I'm working!!! :crying: :crying: Can't watch also...
    I'll go for all the live matches as u picked above but i don't think Ld vs HH match is worth showing, cos u'll know its a lobe-sided game (i think...) Wanna catch the XD as well, wishing that the Thais could beat the Chinese, but think i won't be that hopeful :p Jia you, Sudket!!!

15. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    for malysian fans i think LCW and KKK/WPT will win their matches and go through the semis.....KKK/WPT are out of their MD and WD and now they'll concentrate fully on XD.....as for hafiz....he can spring an upset if he plays the game that gave him the all england title

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Predictions (winners in bold)
    MS QF
    Lee Chong Wei over Bao Chunlai in 2.
    Chen Jin v Lee Hyun Il to go the distance.
    Peter Gade to easily spring over Chen Hong.
    Lin Dan to fool around a bit but finally prevail over Hafiz, who will also fool around.

WS QF
    Zhang Ning to gracefully skip over Tracey Hallam.
    Jiang Yanjiao to outmanouvre Petra Overzier.
    Xie Xingfang to be locked in a titanic struggle but come out victorious over Pi Hongyan.
    Xu Huaiwen to have little trouble with Petya Nedeltcheva.

MD QF
    Fu/Cai to overpower Luluk/Alven.
    Eriksen/Lundgaard simply too devious for Han/Hwang.
    Kido/Setiawan to totally outfox Clark/Blair.
    Fairuz/Lin to grind out a result against Paaske/Rasmussen (or maybe it's just my daydream).

WD SF
    Gao/Huang to swat the younglings Du/Yu.
    Wei/Zhang to get a walkover from Yang/Zhang.

XD QF
    Koo/Wong in a spirited win over Rasmussen/Andersen.
    Zhang/Gao in a walk-in-the-park win over Clark/Kellogg.
    Laybourn/Juhl in an inspiring win over Robertson/Emms.
    Xie/Zhang in an upset win over Sudket/Saralee.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Nicely written predictions hcyong :D

I am secretly hoping that Mohd Tazari/Lin will beat Paaske/Rasmussen in the first match of the evening :cool: They did well to overcome the 2nd Chinese pair in 3 sets late last night.

18. roller

roller Regular Member

19. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

That's what happens when we have a world championship in a country where no one knows about the game.

The last WC in USA, the camera angles were really awkward, simply idiotic.

20. Calvenng

Calvenng Regular Member

Professional
    The Men's double 1/4 final match is on 6 pm Msia time but Live telecast only start at 7 pm. The only match at 7 pm is the WD s-final, too bad. Hope it end early and we can watch the LCW vs BCL match at 7.45 PM.