WOW..what kind of receptionist is that??

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by SmashingBird, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Hate to say this, but a comment like that can help you a long way...and I don't mean along the lines of Cooler's "quickies's".

It's gotta be the Asian way of customer service or rather the chinese way.

2. PrinceOfBMT

PrinceOfBMT Regular Member

Umpire
    Keep in mind,is only THAT lady which pissed me off
    C1 staff in general has always been good to me in the past

OLD lady should be no exception,u do not hire associates that doesn't have good social skills in da first place

We should really get together and create a customer service video training for badminton....:cool:

3. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    she was an old chinese lady that wears glasses, and i asked her in cantonese, and she replied "yes" in english..when i got there, she was "busy" watching tv on the computer or something...

4. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

well, service is is obviously bummed out, but maybe its because we have like a 3% percent unemplyment rate? ( the 3% is prob retards that cant work) and when ur working for min wage and ur sure to be able to grab another job like tic tac to i wouldnt do a nice job either watching kids sulk and spill stuff for me to clean up ;)

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well, that is bad if its a receptionist. A receptionist should know what to do.

6. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    lol... a "receptionist" does a lot of other stuff like I said, they are salesperson, cleaning person, customer service person, road maps for those that do not know how to get there, people that takes attitude from customers due to competition for court (apparently they do not know how to grab what they should rightfully be entitled to and they come complaining), the stringer, the cashier, the "security" staff (in case of emergency), your first aid person in case of a mild injury... can't help if itz major but can help you get ambulance, etc and all these at a minimum wage (very close to minimum anyway).

btw...let me remind you she's "OLD CHINESE LADY". you want her to keep up with you? har har... plus maybe once she sees you more often, then she'll be more friendly? old lady prolly gumbling about how much trouble customers give her. they spill stuff she has to clean up, they break string, she has to use her already poor english to help them, etc... sometimes, it is better to relax and smile and let time sink in... maybe that'll help. i know some customers who were somewhat rude when i first saw them. after seeing them a few more times... things start warming up a bit. know them better, they smile more when you remember them... itz a relationship to be built upon. that said...there's still some rude customers that remain rude no matter how many times they come... ITZ A CULT I TELL YOU O_O har har... relax =)

7. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    so your saying..us customers should be patient and smile at the customer service??..umm..i worked in a customer service place and thats not what i was taught...i wish all the customers that come to me would be nice n friendly wif me..

8. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    yeah i know... customer service ppl suppose to be nice and friendly... i work customer service too... duh O_O but then again not all customer service ppl are nice and friendly... try calling your cellphone carrier and ask the customer service there for their manager and supervisor... they send u through a bunch of junk before you can finally get their manager or supervisor. btw.. like you said

you work at a customer service place... you know how you want to be treated.. do onto others what you want to be done to you. i work at customer service place. everytime i need some customer service, i'm always nice and patient and smiling, that is until i hit a dead end then i get mad. and that has only happened once so far and it was with cellphone carrier. =P

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Did you explode with a big ol temper tandrum? :D

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    That employee in question would be written up with warning up or should be terminated right on the spot for performing like that. Customer service like this is unacceptable.

#30 Matt, Apr 17, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  11. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    no... i didn't explode... i good at keeping my temper in check... if i ever explode... it'd be like dropping a bomb on hiroshima (i go nuclear) =P jk... i'm not one to open fire that easily... but phone carriers are reaaaaaally annoying... <.<;;;

12. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

Old people generally have no patience in what young people have to say. Especially if the old lady you speak of is one of those very asiancentric type who have that traditional heirarchy complex in mind. I know this all to well cause I work in an environment where I am typically abused verbally and sometimes even physically heh. PLEASE don't get the wrong idea :p

13. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    yup...i go to local badminton club and the owner's mom works there... she don't really do all that customer service thing you guys are soooo into. but she's not like offensive either. her english seems limited but still able to convey everything needed to know and that is good enuff for me. she's nice to the really little kids tho =P. to adults/teenagers... she's pretty much like "ok most of you know what the deal is. newcomers will prolly ask question and i just answer and try to help." Joseph might know what i'm talking about here... but hey... don't make any reference to me when you go to club or i might get slaughtered and that'll be mean. it was mean enuff when everyone kinda knew where i work at... har har...

14. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you I think that old chinese lady at c1 umm was at the counter accepting my money one day for badminton. It looked like she didn't know what to do or something and she asked me in english do you have court shoes..no duh..Yup C2 rules and I don't even think that old chinese lady does anything but sitting on a chair and watching tv or w/e. Talking about badminton wanna go c2 someday and see my nooby skills? lol last time I went to yumo I thought it was you -.- anways I fully agree on the c1 thing and that CHINESE LADY 12 the 1? my mom doesn't have the greatest english but this lady as a rep. has horrible english 12 the 1?!!!TO!! not the no offence but she needs to be fired no doubt. ok someday I g2g back to c2 for some more bady =)

15. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    i cant belive i'm posting about clearone again...and I have support and criticism this time.

See...some people that work at these badminton facilities aren't involved with badminton at all, they just want to make a few extra bucks after immigration or whatever it is that they just came from. That's probably the explanation for missing the dead obvious when they ask a person in full badminton form if they have shoes. It bugs me too when they look at you and you're fully dressed to play and then they don't bother to think for a split second that your shoes would be badminton-fit too. Esp. if you're dressed in complete yonex or forza.

The next thing is about the 'business' of the employees. I don't see how it could be a 'bad' day because all they ever do is sit and watch TV. In between that time they're disrespectfully working the counter. Everytime I walk into clearone, the lady gives me this glare while I'm paying. And if she talks, it's not a very welcoming voice either. CLEARLY she doesn't want to be there, but in the society we live in, how can we not have money "-_-. And the job looks easy on paper right? Just sit there for hours and get paid. Apparently they think no attitude is required. But the point is, an employee is a direct reflection on the company. If they can't treat the customer with the type of courtesy, it tells us that company doesn't care enough to hire employees that care for the company they're working at; and that they will just randomly hire anyone that needs a job. I think "Clear" is great. But they should really take more care for the old facility and not leave it to rot at the hands of bad counter service because they have C2 now.

16. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    dressing in complete yonex or forza doesn't say anything :p i can dress in complete rsl and play with scandals :rolleyes: (and i have met ppl who come completely dressed and forget their badminton shoes more than once). har har :D
    i hope ur not talking about all employees because i do have a day job. working at badminton gym is just my part time job. i do it because i like badminton. and yes it does seem like i do nothing at times but then when we do stuff, you might not be around to see it (this is in defense of some of the employees who do actual work) like you said, it is work, we do get break time. even when we are on break and not behind the desk we would get asked questions which i would gladly answer and help unless you start lashing out about some court space business the moment you see me then i'd be a little less happy to help.
    you are right about the employee being the face of the company. i do agree with that. however not everyone wants to work at a badminton facility (typically paid minimum wage and you do typically need to be of age with a clean background because of the handling of money and expensive equipment). and if no one applies cept for that lady what are they gonna do? not hire anyone and close down C1 (in ur case, i'm not there and i don't work there and i don't even know where that is) :p
    i guess i'm a simple guy. if i can get a place to play baddy at, and customer service isn't unbearable, everything is great cuz cept when i check in.. i'll probably won't deal with the counter lady or guy unless i spill some food or drink on the court in which case i hope i don't get banned from the place because there's typically a no food/drink on the courts rule. :p
    but that's my view and i'm just trying to show a side of the employees (not typical to all employees but there are quite a few out there who work there just cuz they like badminton not because they can't find any other job. they probably have day jobs too and they do have bad day even tho they seem like they're doing nothing they could really be tired from working more than 12 hrs a day.)

17. xXHilikusXx

dude the c2 counter job is so dope sit there collect money play psp watch tv that is provided how can u be in a bad mood jesus

18. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    itz like saying how can you be in a bad mood when you are at home? cuz u got headache from somewhere else not related to the job? i dunno about c2... or c1 or c whatevers cuz i don't go to any of those and i don't work there. the bad mood is a general case -_-;;; i like how i say something and ppl pick the part they want to see and miss all the other things i said. i'll make this my last post (probably) in this topic.

19. towbsss

towbsss Regular Member

Athlete
    Well, goodness... I've stumbled on this little thread and let the management know. Apparently they may have already warned this receptionist once already and they will speak to her again. The management does agree that customer service is a priority, but in the future, maybe you could send in a complaint to ClearTWO, as the management is primarily stationed there. They had no idea until I told them. So maybe if you wanted changes, you can submit your complaint to ClearTwo instead of ranting away on this forum next time? It is our duty to keep customers happy and if things are wrong, we'd like to know. However, it is not our responsibility to check this forum.

Thank you, everybody, for your input.

20. xXHilikusXx

lol.... pwned

but hey, ppl like us like to rant,

anyways i wouldnt go talk to daryll about poor customer service ^^ lol

and i dont think the lady at the counter would listen to me XD

Problem solved for everyone i guess XD