Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. hobbes09

hobbes09 New Member

Thanks for the feedback & encouragement, Aryan and Jchowdhury. :)

Aryan, C7 is a racket I'm considering in case AS11 doesn't work out for me. So I'm pleasantly surprised that you mentioned that the power is almost similar. I'm going to work on the smashes and hopefully I find the sweet spot. Hard to enjoy the game when you can't smash properly. :p

2. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    i literally sold the arc11 of mine because of the lacking power the arc11 has yet to provide! It felt like the arc11 is too "sticky" on the shuttle making it too long on the bed string....perfect score for control but hardly half mark on the power score! T.T (been using n90)

3. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    "Hard to enjoy the game when you can't smash properly. :p" absolutely agreed!

4. skinny86

skinny86 Regular Member

Arc11 is ok to smash initially. But after some heavy smashes my arms gets tired out. Probably like some said it's not good for a smashing game..
    I find it a better racquet for net to mid court shots. If you're playing doubles and smashing from the backcourt, better to use voltric zf man.

5. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

The Arcs were never meant for offensive type play. That's what the Voltric series if for. The Arcs are for control type players. Saying that, it doesn't mean you can't get powerful smashes from it, it excels at finesse and control type shots much better!

6. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

each racquet type has its own way of generating power, it does not mean arc 11 cannot smash hard

7. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Elisha, agree with you. The control shots are very good. The shuttle can be placed nicely where I intend it to go. It is also very fast in front of the net in double game.

Although it does not generate "booming" power like Voltric rackets (I used zforce 4u before), somehow it is almost on par with my ex-zfoce in generating winning smashing shots with good angle and threatening. As compared to Arc 10, the power is more for Arc 11 obviously. But the feel of Arc 10 is nicer, due to higher stiffness.

This is my experience with Arc 11. that's why I can enjoy the game with it :D

8. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    I agree, its a stiff shaft with a balanced head, its going to take an explosive swing to get the potential power.

9. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Few international players are using this and they are generating powerful smashes with it such as Tommy Sugiato. Some of us might not get powerful smashes maybe due to wrong technique or not enough arm strength. Hence they get better power from Head heavy rackets as it provides extra down force momentum. I played with this for a game and I can easily smash with it. Though it might not be as powerful but certainly easier to execute smashes and sharper.

10. iLondon

iLondon Regular Member

Student
    Which racket is closest to the Arcsaber 11 that is more suitable for singles?
    I probably play 20% singles, 80% doubles and the arcsaber 11 has been perfect for doubles. I feel that I have control on where the shuttle is.
    Which racket would be the closest to this but with singles; this is so I can get a stronger smash, but I want to maintain the control I get with the Arcsaber 11.

I'm thinking Arcsaber Z-Slash? But is this too similar to the 11? How much difference would that slight power make in singles? Should I be investing in a VT-80 or VTZF instead?

I realise I should be testing these out, but there's no-one I know with these rackets and the shops around don't let me test it first. I have to rely on internet comments and make judgements myself.
    Thanks

11. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hi @ iLondon :)

I have an advice for you. Don't get a Z-Slash. Some love it due the smaller head, but it's a demanding racket to adjust.

I think your ARC 11 is a good choice for singles and doubles. IMO opinion there is no need to buy a specific singles racket. I would invest this value of money in a second ARC 11 or some training lessons. Maybe some Lead tape at the head area will help to give you a feeling of a heavier head and maybe you like it.
    Practice to place smash on the lines. You can also changing your string and tension to a acceptable amount of power for your smash. IMO you need a faster and harder smash in doubles compared to singles. Because smashing costs power, so must build this situation in a rally. If you can't and your opponent is good and can control you, a stronger smash will not help you to win games. Badminton is not an one shot game.

12. Lifestrong

Lifestrong Regular Member

PT Simpatindo Multi Media
    Can anyone explain what different Arcsaber 11 with arc11 TH? expect from paint...
    Anyone ever compare??

13. Kelvin.luc

Kelvin.luc Regular Member

Full Time Student
    It's not Victor, so don't expect any differences between the standard arc11 and the arc11th. Hope this helped :)

14. Lifestrong

Lifestrong Regular Member

PT Simpatindo Multi Media
    Thx for the info kelvin..
    So everything in the both of racket is same you think?expect the finishing paint,I want buy arc11 th,but I scared if the feel racket is not same as arc11,or have any little difference.

15. swunk

swunk Regular Member

actually the guys at our local shop say that the TH version has somewhat thinner head and sortta plays a bit better, but is more fragile. I saw it die from a clash (not too severe imo). But the racket looks nice in grey, much better in real life than on pictures.

16. Kelvin.luc

Kelvin.luc Regular Member

Full Time Student
    [MENTION=108123]swunk[/MENTION] do you have any pictures to back up the claim? Cause according to Yonex, the arc11th is just a repainted arc11.

17. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

that's true.. even within a single series/model of Victor there's differences in the racquet balance, feel, play etc.. kr code... cn code.. etc

18. davidsaw

davidsaw New Member

Salas Manager
    Morning, Dear all,

I jz bought Arc11, since my Ti10 (version1) cracked, really sad about my Ti10.. since it no more in production..
    L
    Initial I wonder either Arc10 or 11, since the review for Arc10 are extremely ‘Gud Racket’, and finally I go for Arc11. My Arc11 string v Nbg98 (tension 25), remain the ori grip but wrap v thin over grip.
    When I collect the racket, I feel the balance is almost like ti10, but the weight may be slight heavy than ti10..
    Due to the excited of new racket, I rush to join a new group to test my Arc11 in last weekend. After 2hr playing v my new weapon (Double Game),
    I may conclude:-
    Power : 8.5/10
    Defense: 9/10
    Accuracy : 9/10
    Stiffness: 8.5/10
    (Racket used : Yonex MP45, Wilson K-Tour, RSL X2 Blue, Yonex Ti10-3[SUP]rd[/SUP], YonexTi-1[SUP]st[/SUP], Yonex AT900P, Victor BS10)
    No timing issue for the first time, quite a great smash power can be generated. Off-course can’t match v AT900P, Voltric ZF those heavy head racket. But this Arc 11 is really ideal for ‘Today’ double game, where required both Attack and Defense force as well. And this Arc11 really fulfill what I need..
    No regret to upgrade / own, this awesome and wonderful racket..Cheer…

19. swunk

swunk Regular Member

Kelvin.luc i'm just sayin. And it seemed very odd to me that TH died from that clash. I had several clashes with my red arc11, couple of paint chips as a result, but the racket is fine.

20. Shinyballoon

Shinyballoon Regular Member

Hi WCR 999, I was wondering where did you purchase the Yonex Continuous Grommet for the ArcSaber11?? Or did you use a different racket's Continuous Grommet??