Yonex Duora Z-Strike 2017 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure if I'd agree. I think it's quite a nice racket but a better version of jet speed 10 after playing some doubles with it. Yeah I don't think I agree there tbh. Aero wise it's nowhere close even after removing the paint stickers and whatnot personally.

Just personal opinion however.

2. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Hmm. Never personally have a good feeling with js10. Tried it.. disliked it. Don't know why..

3. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

Not to forget this racket is perceived as very different from what actually it is . Although I can feel slightly difference between both sides, I keep on flipping on both sides and enjoy. Maybe I am not professional enough to understand but hey, enjoy what your heart says. I really like the racket and maybe that's the reason my 4u zf2 hasn't been used and 3u hasn't been strung after I bought it. Just give it time. It's a good racket.

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    It certainly is a good racket. You need certain feeling strings at a very high tension to really feel any difference however so it's not like everyone will be bothered by it. If you're compatible with a 3u ZF2, I doubt you'll look at your Z Strike again so definitely get it strung (28 or higher). Different animal compared to a 4u.

Sorry just having a trash day so I apologies for any misunderstandings that might occur during our talks.

5. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

Hey no issues buddy . :) Thanks , I will get it strung very soon .

6. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  7. prince07

prince07 New Member

Hi Paul, still wait for your written review about DR-ZS on your website...
    Like to read all your reviews

paulstewart64 and dm40 like this.
  8. Melissa Chin

Melissa Chin New Member

Hi All,

Newbie here. I have two ZSs both from official distributors but from two different countries. Despite using the same strings, tension, grips etc the weight distribution of the two rackets is different. One is clearly more head heavy than the other, which is evenly balanced.

Has anyone else with multiple ZSs had this issue? I'd appreciate any help you could provide please!

9. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

How much different by balance point? They are usually produced +/- 5 of what they intend to.

10. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I have two and they seem pretty similar. There can be slight differences in production, but the specs should be pretty similar if the country codes (EU code, probably) are the same. The balance point can turn out a few mm higher or lower than the target specification.

(also, grips make a big difference)

11. Melissa Chin

Melissa Chin New Member

Thanks for your responses guys. I'll have a double check of the balance points later when the rackets are to hand.

The codes are both European. One German and one Dutch.

One is a '16 model and the other a '17. I'm not sure if this is also a factor. All specs on cones are the same otherwise 3U G4. Everything else is the same, grips, strings, etc... Also one of the serial codes is barely there by eye or through a camera lense. However, it's tough to tell on the matte white shaft.

I'll update on the balance points a bit later.

12. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I'll check mine for you tonight as well. Mine are both from a dutch shop, but no idea what the codes are. Which code is more head heavy for you?

13. Melissa Chin

Melissa Chin New Member

That's awesome. Thanks so much. For me the German coded one is the more head heavy. The Dutch racket is more evenly balanced.

14. Melissa Chin

Melissa Chin New Member

Just a quick update on the weight differences with the ZSs.

I went back to the German retailer of the oddly weighted one who agreed that it was definitely heavier than my original one. However, as it's been used (literally for 2 games at which point I ditched it for being too heavy) they can't (read won't) take it back. As they didn't have any others in stock today we're waiting until they do and will then compare it with another of theirs and if it's again different it will be sent to Yonex to inspect. It feels more like a 2U than a 3U but we shall see what happens......

15. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Maybe you should try weighing them to see how much of a weight difference there is?

16. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Could a misprint of 3u occur? When the racket is actually 2u? And it slipped through QC?

17. Melissa Chin

Melissa Chin New Member

Hey Dave - awkward to weigh them as I've only got a digital small kitchen scale but it's in the region of approx. 7g and it feels like it's all in the head!

18. Melissa Chin

Melissa Chin New Member

I've not clue - let's see how things progress - if people are interested I shall update when I know what's happening

19. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Yikes! :eek: That must be a defect!

swsh likes this.
  20. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Hmmmm it's hard to measure when they are so many different variable factors. Strings weight, grip weight. string and grip could all have different weight even if they are the same model.

You should measure them without strings and without grips ideally. A bit hard since it's all strung.

A little product variance is common.
    If they weigh like 2u... You could probably get an exchange from Yonex through your seller.

swsh likes this.