Yonex FRENCH Open 2018 : Round of 32-Final (23-28 October)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 22, 2018.

1. minions

minions Regular Member

It's boost, not boot. One missing letter can create such a huge change in definition.

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well, i will not really care what they say. Its just like someone already lost. Its like rich people listening to poor people no matter what they said it wont change the situation.

Its better to look at positive way , that they Champ at DO and Runners up at FO.

By the way, its also 1st title of the year for CL and AY. right? So many new winners of the year and of the career.

baddie47 likes this.
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

You don't care, I know. But what they said about their match mattered. It won't change a thing, it wasn't an excuse either but at least we know what their state of mind were while playing. It's a good thing to reflect, so they can correct their mistakes and improve.

baddie47 likes this.
  4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Did they say not capitalising at 20-18 at G1 that caused their loss? I think only that needs to be known. Badminton is such tiny margins.

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Huh? There is a big difference between losing in G1 and losing in G3. Losing G1 you still have a chance to with the match, but losing G3 means game over.

6. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

just watch the match of xd, god damn...siwei is soooo good :eek: it's also crazy that he's only 21 years old !!! the way he keep moving forward and being so aggresive in front of the net, I really want to see him playing in MD again.

7. TheAhlang

TheAhlang Regular Member

Well actually every player beatable though. I don't think AY was unbeatable. I just think every player not always beatable or unbeatable.

I just really want to give a credit to AY. She has prove SN statement that AY was "hard" to beat. Well done AY!!

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah, his last match in MD was at MalaysiaOpen last year. Watched that match live you know against who. If he improves his defence, maybe he will be good in MD. just different beast altogether. He can be confident in XD.

9. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

If you really following zheng siwei you would know that he's been improving a lot since last year, it's totally different zheng siwei now. i don't know why you keep mentioning his defense, his defense is good enough. ahsan/hendra became the world champions without even had a great defense back then.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Weren't you among others always mentioning minions defense too?
    It is hard to gauge ZSW defense while he is playing in only XD when the attacks mostly coming from one male player and others are from the female.

11. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

u need this tourney to know that? everyone is beatable since even lin was beatable in his prime day

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah, everyone is human after all. Even LD and CL who people kept calling robot are humans too.

13. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

I remember mentioning minions defense because I think they used to have much better defense, but in world championship and asian games somehow their defense becoming pretty weak. I never said ZSW defense is super solid or anything, just think it's good enough.

14. Guntur alamsyah

Guntur alamsyah New Member

Congrats akane, finally you did it after quiet enough long time in dubai last year..happy for you

15. minions

minions Regular Member

Of course everyone is beatable. But, how many peoples here have this kind of thinking every time? No one will say someone is beatable when someone is in dominating form. Doesn't mean the other way around.

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think everyone is pretty much beatable. Whether its TTY or minions.

The reasons is it takes 31 losers to have 1Champion. That Champ cant always be that person. The % age is just too small to have the same winner tours after tours.

And also its individual sport not team sports.

Cheung likes this.
  17. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Akane Yamaguchi after the finals.
    I’ve lost to her on many occasions, so of course it was a big challenge for me against Tai Tzu Ying, since she’s the top player in the world and obviously very successful in tournaments,” . “I chose to not attack a lot and prevent her from playing long rallies today.”

Baddie lover likes this.
  18. Baddyforall

MS winner after his finals

“I’m extremely happy to have won in Paris, this is the first time I’m winning here,” said Chen Long. “I didn’t think too much during the match, I kept focussing point by point and it worked out well.”

19. Baddyforall

MD runnerup Gideon after the finals
    “We almost got the first game but couldn’t finish it well, they were ahead of us in the end and I made too many mistakes,” said Gideon.

20. Baddyforall

WD winners after the finals
    “After the World Championships we couldn’t win a big tournament, but this time we did it so we are very relieved to have won in France,” said Wakana Nagahara.