Yonex Nanoflare 800 Pro (NF800PRO) - Dec 2023

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Verised

Verised Regular Member

2. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    at first glance rally does look like zf2

raven1121 likes this.
  3. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

LOL, my partner actually thought my ZF2 is the new NF800Pro during our session today haha.

Bieffe likes this.
  4. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

Thoughts on it so far?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

5. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Sry, I don't own it. Just topping up to the person who mention NF800P looks similarly identical to the ZF2.
    I'm using ZF2 not NF800P

6. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I briefly tried a friend's 3ug4 recently. My impressions were that it felt pretty nice. Large sweetspot, swings fast, stiff, but didn't feel headlight as there was some headweight. I tried a 3ug5 1000z right after and they felt kinda similar, with the 1000z only having slightly more headweight.

800pro didn't feel as maneuverable as the 800og, but felt more powerful. They're totally different rackets.

#86 pootisfoib, Nov 20, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  7. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

Oh shoot that's my bad I misread it as your friend mistaking NF800P for ZF2

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

sound like another flare 700 to me...

9. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I'm interested in getting a 3U version since I'm looking for a slightly head heavy and fast racket as a backup for my ZF2 cause ZF2 tires me quickly in a fast pace double match. However seeing how fragile the OG NF800 is I wonder how's the durability of this racket.

10. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Honestly this 800 pro should be name 700 pro instead... All Specs and frame shape identical to 700 except they added copper on the shaft making the feel very solid. Slightly more stiff than 700.
    I won't be surprised many pros on 700 will make the switch to 800 pro soon. It's definitely a upgrade of 700.

iraditia and pootisfoib like this.
  11. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

My NF800lt has been far from fragile.

12. lostdata

lostdata Regular Member

Yes it should be NF700P after I used NF800P for 2 weeks I feel like it not same as 800 original at all
    Almost everything similar with previous 700 but more stiff and more fast.
    love it

pootisfoib likes this.
  13. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

You using 3u or 4u 800 pro?

14. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

Just strung a 4u and a 3u nf800pro

Looks... Definitely a dark scheme racquet, but I don't think it reminds me of the zf2 too much. It's more on a dark ocean blue scheme. Honestly don't really like it as I like sharp colours like the 1000z

Stringing... 4u did seem flimsier than the 3u but no surprise, there is one extra cross string now so keep that in mind while pulling out your cross and mains. The frame is big, not compact like the 1000z nor nf800. The frame size is the same as nf700 with that one extra cross string. Wasn't sure if I was tired but I didn't feel too excited stringing this racquet unfortunately.

Weight... Heavier than the 1000z
    Dry swing with strings on... Fast swings especially with the backhand grip defence drive swings, less stiff than 1000z for sure

15. Grom

Grom New Member

About half a year ago I tried out the regular 800 and really liked it a lot - especially the fact when hitting smashes the acceleration of the racket was blazingly fast - but since I saw that a new version of it was coming out this year, I decided not to stock up on the older 800s and try out the 800 pro instead.

I received mine last Friday and right off the bat it felt nothing like the old 800 - like others have already stated in the thread. It feels much clunkier, heavier, does not cut through the air as smoothly as the older version. Even the sound of dry swinging with no strings sounds vastly different which is to be expected due to the totally different frame. The racket feels more towards even balance than head light to me.

Today I had my first training session with the racket - lots of net attacking and defence. It definitely felt a bit slower to move around but I would say that it is still quite fast. That is also considering the fact that I didn't have time to drop by the Yonex store before the practice so I had to use the original grip which definitely made me a bit slower. The drives and smashes also felt a bit more precise and stronger of which the latter is most likely the effect of the heavier head. I strung my racket with 13.5kg x 14 kg 10%ps and the frame seems to be holding up quite nicely even after some badly mistimed shots at the beginning of the trainings.

Out of my three current rackets (88d pro (4u), old arcsaber 11 (3u), 800 (4u)) the 800 pro feels the most similar to the arcsaber 11 but is faster and lets me personally generate more power and hit the sweet spot more consistently. After the practice I went to my local Yonex store to compare it to the nf 700 as people have mentioned the similarities between the two rackets and I have to also agree - 800 pro basically feels like a stiffer version of the nf 700. Keep in mind that this observation is just from holding and fiddling around with the rackets at the store - I have no first hand experience actually playing with the 700.

I personally feel quite happy with the racket but I'm gonna play with it for few more weeks to decide whether I want to use it as my main racket or not, even though right now it certainly feels like I do.

16. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

How do you find the stiffness compare to the other rackets you own?

17. Grom

Grom New Member

To in hand when flexing them, they all feel the same. During swings I would say they are also pretty much the same. The only difference in the "flexibility" feeling during swings comes from the head weights - swinging 800 feels less flexible to me than 88d pro because the head is lighter and creates a bit less of a spring effect. I played a bit with an arcsaber 7 tour for a bit but that felt way too flexible for me - felt too much lag :D

tldr: The stiffness feels very similar to my other rackets to the point that I couldn't tell the difference if they had the same head weight.

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  18. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Interesting, thanks !

19. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    I just played with mine for the first time tonight, over 3 hours. Strung with Aerobite 25x27 w/ 10% pre stretch. I went down one pound from normal stringing since I heard from other people that with the extra cross it felt very stiff. Maybe mistake, I hit a lot more shots out the back than I usually do.

I started with a NanoFlare 700, then when it broke I went to an 88D Pro, but missed some of the speed, so I got the 800 Pro. It is fast. Defense and fast exchanges live up to the name. The touch at net also feels quite good, but I’m still getting used to it. It felt great to play with. When making really good contact on a smash I had some reactions tonight that I’ve never had with 88D Pro, but overall I would say making those smashes takes much more effort to make them effective. More like a great smash is hard enough and placed well enough that it sets up a winner on next or 2 shots down the line. It feels VERY solid even off center, due to the head weight difference and swing speed increase from my 88D pro, the frame saw a lot of action, as did off center shots. But everything felt good. It is definitely a stiffer racket than the 700, and different head balance, so I wouldn’t call it a 700 Pro.

even compared to the 700, I think the solidity of hit and speed really stood out, not just getting the racket there, but decent stable shots. Clears were also fine , and when moving quickly I would overall say it felt like an extension of the arm. I do wish for a bit more smash power, but I will keep working on my technique because I think I can get it out of this, and then best of both worlds. I think if I knew I was playing rear court I’d probably stick to 88D Pro for now, but I will use this exclusively for a few weeks to see.

20. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

May I know what's the weight for your NF800Pro? 4U or 3U?

d_tao and Bieffe like this.