Yonex New Shoes (Lightest Ever?)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by fiq_axis, Jul 2, 2015.

1. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

I finally got them at the Yonex Copenhagen Masters and I have been positively suprised!
    I have not really played any full-out games with them yet, however even shoot-arounds and just walking around in them feels great! One of the features that has been overlooked is the very flexible upper. It is made from what seems to be a "cheap synthetic material", however the upper is crazily flexible while still providing decent support. This is one of the features that I think badminton shoes have been missing for a long while!
    Yonex Aerus.jpg
    Grip: 8/10 - "Normal" Yonex honeycomb texturing.
    Fit: 8-9/10 - Flexible upper provides a really nice lockdown feeling and the toebox-form makes sure that even people like me with a V-tapered foot are able to fit them perfectly!
    Comfort: 7/10 - Yonex could've used a cushioning technology like Adidas Adiprene or Nike's Lunarlon to keep a "close to the ground" feeling while still having comfort, HOWEVER I'd much rather have no forefoot cushioning than a beefy Power Cushion'ed forefoot!
    Weight: 9/10 - At 273 grams/shoe they are the lightest of any badminton shoes I've ever tried, my Gel-Beyond 4's weigh in at 309 grams/shoe, however I still believe that they could easily be made lighter with ex. a build-in tongue, thinner laces and overall better materials for the upper.
    Aerus vs. Gel-Beyond 4.jpg
    The fit of the Yonex Aerus is a lot different to my other shoes. I've used my old Gel-Beyond 4's as an example as they are one my favorites. The toebox on the Asics have a pointy shape, just like most others, however the Aerus have more of a wide toebox almost all the way to the end of the shoe. I have a quite high arching foot and the widest part of my entire foot is at my toes. However this shoe allows me to able to use all of my toes for setting off, whereas my toes are quite smooshed together in the Asics.
    Lastly, if you are looking for a agile shoe, that will conform to your foot and let you stay low to the ground while still having decent cushioning - Go for the Aerus!

2. kaisterkai

kaisterkai Regular Member

Student
    Ahhh, I struggled with buying this show... Because I'm not sure about the cushioning... But I see LCW is using it... I got the SHB 02 blue, and I want to buy another one... But not sure which one to get XD

I was hoping that this shoe is basically light but with the same cushioning... Hehe but it's a new look on the Yonex menu

skyleong likes this.
  3. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

Can somebody weigh these shoes with the size? Thank you!

#43 dolbydog, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  4. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

Size 40,5 EU/26 CM - 273 grams a shoe.

5. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

For comparison: Asics Gel Blade 5, size US 7.5 or 25.5 cm @ 257 grams

2013 Adidas Crazy Light Volleyball, size US 7.5 or 25.5 cm @ 227 grams

6. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

Manufactorer weights or?

7. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

Just home scale.
    FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender[1].jpg

8. jn.19

jn.19 New Member

Student
    S__16023576.jpg
    Very light and nice shoes. Love it..

9. kaisterkai

kaisterkai Regular Member

Student
    Yea my friend bought a pair... She said its really nice! Light, but she said the material feels like the show is going to tear... Don't know if you feel the same?

10. jn.19

jn.19 New Member

Student
    in my opinion the material for the upper is not that thin and quite durable. Soccer shoes are much more thinner and some of them quite durable. the downside of the upper feel a bit to stiff :)

11. Calfy

Calfy Regular Member

Would it be suitable for people with flat feet?
    If it quite narrow compared to the SHB F1?
    Thanks

12. blue.fired

blue.fired Regular Member

Just got my pair. The upper material really isn't bad. It's certainly no Nike Flyknit (not even close) but decent effort for small company like Yonex, I guess.

Did some quick measuring. Both size 29.0.

SHB 02LTD: 385g
    SHB Aerus: 320g (JP version, if that makes any difference)

It didn't really "wow" me with the lightness. I've seen much lighter VBall shoes as alluded to in this thread. I'm sure the SHB-87's come really close to these in weight too.

Haven't put them to the full test yet but I don't think these are the answer.

13. Pieatot

Pieatot New Member

just bought the LCW Aerus(silver and blue). Is there any difference between the regular Aerus shoes(yellow and orange for men) and the exclusive LCW Aerus'(silver and frosty blue)? I was told that the LCW edition is a bit different with regards to some of the materials. Didn't really believe it as there was no mention of this on the Yonex site and i chose the LCW due to the colors.

14. MistrYpsilon

MistrYpsilon Regular Member

IT
    Hi everyone,

it looks amazing ! I prefer yellow/green ,but I have orange ,but color is not too important :))) I took some picture, I look forward to next game, I hope it will be tommorow :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#54 MistrYpsilon, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  15. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Hi, how is the fit? Should I buy a size bigger? I have wider feet and I would prefer a bigger toebox.