Yonex sponsorship??!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by azn_123, Dec 10, 2006.

1. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    No, they would put you on a contract, it would either be one or the other.

2. JoeyC.

JoeyC. Regular Member

Hi, I was wondering if you were spnosored by Victor could you use Yonex Shoes?
    Thanks.

3. esskay

esskay New Member

student
    all i gotta say is that yonex is the BEST..
    yes, it's hard to get sponsored by yonex but its definitely worth it.
    & yes, i play at a private club and all but that doesnt mean i dont actually need my yonex sponsorship.. and no im not using it as a measure to show how good i am! yonex equipment is extremely expensive and travelling to different tournaments costs a lot. so it is wrong to say that ppl who have yonex sponsorships dont actually need it..

4. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    This thread is almost a year old.

Also, that is your opinion. I love Karakal. Yes, it is worth being sponsored by your chosen brand, just for the money you save and the opportunities it gives you to promote badminton and your brand to other people.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

this thread is pretty old however quite intresting

I doubt I am good enough to be sponsored by yonex however I feel that I could be good enough to be sponsored by people like victor does anyone know what the requirements are

I have won my school championships three times in a row and have reached the semis of a decent tournament before
    Would that be good enough

6. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    School Championships? Meaning your School or alot of Schools?

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have won my school championships the entire school from 12-18 year olds 3times in a row and got to the semi final of local school championships twice (I think their is 8 schools in that tournament)

8. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Well, I hope everything is better in Scotland, but here in Holland no 'good' junior dares to apply for a school championship... Playing the first 6 rounds against guys who barely can grip a racket just isn't interesting :eek: So maybe in Scotland it's a bit more serious.

However, requirements are pretty much dependent on the brand / person in Charge. For the top of your country it's pretty simple, you get sponsored because brands want their name on that great player :)p)
    For the lesser players, it's a bit more difficult, it depends on how many tournaments you play, how much exposure you can give the brand, (are you willing to be a reseller for the brand?) that sort of stuff.
    Not to mention, you have to be a bit lucky, being in the right place at the right time.

A friend of mine hasn't really won anything over the last two years (doing well, but not that well), except for reaching one quarterfinal on one prestigious tournament (one of the satalite-tournaments) and got a sponsorship deal their, because a brand-representative was looking at their match

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Well I will just have to do well at upcoming tournaments and I might get a sponsor like that
    Thanks jerby

10. Danstevens

Student
    LOL, school tournaments, even the interscholastic ones are just rubbish in England for exactly the reason you state. I don't really think they stand for much in terms of getting sponsored either because the good players just aren't there.

Not a bad idea but you might not get a sponsor like that - they're not everywhere. If you're good enough, be proactive and get in contact with some companies. If you play for your county, you should be able to get a partial sponsorship from Victor and FZ Forza might be interested (although I didn't even get a reply when I enquired about sponsorship from them). You can't go for the big boys straight away, you'll just be disappointed as I highly doubt they'll sponsor you. Maybe you should also try Black Knight and Karakal. Put together a list of your achievements and then write a pleasant email to whichever company you're interested in and see what they say. If you want more advise, just PM me.

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

my dads company has agreed to sponsor me for the next year :D
    He doesn't work for anyone like yonex or anyother manufacturer but for some big company they are giving me Money to buy more equipment and a back up racquet and all have to do is carry their logo on my shirt

12. Danstevens

Student
    Awesome. In fact, that's probably the best kind of sponsorship as you get to choose what you want to play with and not what your sponsors tell you to.

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

you are exactly right!
    I can mix and match what I want to use and wear and no one can really tell me oh you can't use this racquet as it isn't made by victor for example
    I can use yonex racquets and shoes but wear victor clothing or Nike clothing or as a matter of fact anything I feel comfortable using and wearing

I am sure that people using BC who are under 18 can ask their parents to ask the company they work for, for the sponsorship and for those who are work can ask there boss and work collegues for sponsorship
    Remember if you don't ask, you don't get !:D

14. Swingbadabada

Student
    My Dad works for Stena Drilling. A multi million pound company. Worth a fortune. They would never sponsor me. Getting the company your parents works for to sponsor you only really works if there a small company or a single store.

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

this is not a small company this is a huge company based in France

16. Swingbadabada

Student
    What company? Are you being sponsored by a small branch or does your father work in advertising... etc? For me to get sponsored by my Dads company i'd be going down a very long list of names to contact

17. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    congrats on that LD rules! thats awsome that you got a sponsorship from yoru dads company. i agree that it is one of the best ways to get sponsored cause well you can use that money in any way as in paying for equipnment as well as using it for when you have to travel to competitions or for training so it is very good. well best of luck with everything that you have going for you and hope all pays off in the end.

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

thanks I will put the sponsorship to good use:D:D:D:D:D

19. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Congratz!~
    You are so lucky LD_rules!
    What is your dad's company?

20. Baddybrand8888

Baddybrand8888 New Member

I'm just wondering when you got your Victor sponsorship, what level were u playing at?