Yonex Sunrise VIETNAM Open GP 2015 (24th-30th August 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise - Vietnam Open 2015' started by CLELY, Jul 24, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I can smell it, Anthony will win this match as he is leading 14-6.

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Jordan/Susanto just got payback by Chan/Goh in straight games...

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow upset detected and another upset has just been created today. Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying had an easy win over Praveen Jordan / Debby susanto 21-16; 21-12. The match lasted just about 34 minutes. Wow amazing. I could hardly believe my eyes when. I saw the result. Oh no another great XD from Indonesia toppled again. This time another second seeded Indonesia XD lost again today.

Wow anyway congratulations to Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying for winning today match. Wow. Imagine at the end of March, beginning of April their world ranking is 263 and at that time both just started playing together. But now just within 4 months their world ranking is now no. 19 last week. Amazing XD I must say and such a great improvement too. I felt so happy for both of them. :)

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You must be very happy today. I feel very happy for them too. they really deserve to win it. Both played so well. Well both of them always play so well. That is why their world ranking improved from no 263 to no 19 just within 4 months. Congratulations.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Anthony just win the third set 21-14 against fellow teammates. Bright future for Anthony.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Saena Kawakami just won the first set 21-12 ever Chen Jiayuan. Then second set is a tough fight now 6-5.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Kawakami wile win it. I can smell it the score is 20-10 now. 1 more point to go.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Kawakami just won 21-12; 21-11. The match is very one sided too.

9. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

seriously?? they were world number 3 and won asian championship and japan SS before

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Chae yoo Jong/ Kim Hye Ring just lost the first set 21-16 to an unranked Thailand WD. What is happening to Korean players now? En route to lose again.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes this is the truth and the story behind it is very sad. Both Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying were former world ranking no 3 player right before Goh Liu Ying stopped playing. Initially Goh Liu Ying didn't want to go for knee surgery although both her knees were very painful. She played on despite the pain to maintain her world ranking no 3. The pain was really too much and unbearable of her. In the end she is forced to go for surgery and stopped playing for 1 year. Thus ranking dropped to no 263. When both started playing together early of April this year their ranking is no 263 but then last week their ranking is no 19. So just within 4 months their ranking improved 244 steps. I couldn't believe this at first but then this is indeed the fact now.

Did some research online and found out about this news accidentally. Wow amazing. Goh Liu Ying herself admitted that she has not healed 100% and her right and left knee injury will hunt her whenever she played in tournaments. She admitted that it wasn't easy for her to go all out in tournaments but she had to do so. Sometimes, she still feel the pain while playing but she ignored it and continue playing. It was never easy for her to make a comeback.

#91 blabl, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Chong Wei Feng just won thru match against the more fancied player Nguyen Tien Minh seeded 7 in this tournament. Congratulations.

Still waiting for the last match of Lee Hyun Il to begin. I guess Lee Hyun Il can win it easily.

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Now that is an even bigger upset that CWF is winning game.

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes, you are right. Chong Wei Feng created an upset when he won against the highly ranked MS player from Vietnam. I still remembered that last year Nguyen tien Minh ranking is as high as no 8 before his ranking dropped a little bit this year.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il leading 11-5 in the first set of the match. He is en route to win the match today. Hooray so happy.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il is leading 15-9 send I can already smell victory now.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lee Hyun Il won the first set 21-11. He is winning it. Yes... yes... he will surely win the second set too. Hooray. But then sad to say Korea has to depend on such an old player to win. The youngsters or the other senior players cannot seem to win.

18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

It's the independent player mentality. You need to advance to reach final and win the prize. They come to the tournament out of their own pocket.

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay fitriani just won the match against busanan in a grueling tough fight 3 setter match. Lee Hyun Il however has an easy win today vs Wang Tzu Wei. Lee Hyun Il won 21-12, 21-14. Totally unbelievable that Lee Hyun Il still have stamina to play at an old age. Wow fantastic. He is 4 years older then Lin Dan bur he still has the stamina to play. His next aim to play in Rio 2016 Olympics. So he is going all out to win as many matches as he could and win more gold medals now.

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Last 2 matches left with China vs India MD and Korea WD match.