Yonex voltric tour 55 or voltric 3 tour

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jam81, Sep 14, 2014.

1. jam81

jam81 Regular Member

it
    Hi,
    Just a bit about me.I am a lower intermediate player who plays 70-30 ratio of doubles vs singles.I had recently bought the voltric 9 neo.The look and feel of it in the shop was awesome ,and hence the jump.Sadly it is too stiff for my game and am not really able to generate the promoted power :( .As a result I was looking around for a head heavy racket with a medium - high flex(although the later is something i have heard only with this tour series). I have decent smash but want to improve it and hence the choice . Is this voltric tour 55 or tour 3 a good choice? 55 is mentioned as flexible wheras 3 is medium flex.

2. Gary Lim

Gary Lim Regular Member

I was contemplating both rackets earlier too and I went with the Voltric 3 Tour as I preferred the Medium flex over the Flexible.

I can't find much information between the 2 and they're pretty much identical in construction materials.

So far the VT3T feels pretty decent to me for singles and rear double. It's like a little kid brother to the Arc i-Slash.

3. jam81

jam81 Regular Member

it

Can you compare it to the VT7 ,also a medium flex. VT7 is available at almost half the price of the VT3T. In doubles does it weigh you down or is suitable for quick response?

4. Gary Lim

Gary Lim Regular Member

I haven't tried the VT7 so I can't give u any advice, although I'm surprised if the VT7 is slightly more head-heavy.