Your fave/easiest/hardest shots

Discussion in 'Thomas Laybourn Forum' started by TedTheFarmer, Oct 16, 2009.

1. TedTheFarmer

TedTheFarmer Regular Member

Hi Thomas and fellow Badminton Central posters!
    I just thought that there should be a thread on this forum dedicated to people's personal opinion on different shots. These would include your favourite shots, one's you find easiest to play whether simple or complicated, or even some shots you find hard to play. Also, if you will, try to include where on court you like to play these shots, just so we can get a clearer idea of just what it is.
    It'll be interesting to hear from someone as high level as Thomas about his different shots, and of course, it's understandable if you stay clear of your "harder shots" thomas, we wouldn't want any opposition using it against you!! (Although, the chances are you can play almost any shot in the book)
    So, at that note, I release you all to post away! No really, please do.

2. Evan77546

Evan77546 Regular Member

I've been trying to learn to do an under the leg backhand cross court clear, it has been my greatest challenge yet.

My favorite is the smash.

3. thejym

thejym Regular Member

The hardest thing for me to do is blowing the shuttle out. I think one day I will be able to do it.

On a more serious note, my hardest shot is probably a late backcourt forehand cross court drop shot. Rather, it's not a hard shot technically speaking but I'm always hitting the tape (and not going over) so it has become my most inconsistent shot.

My favorite is a tight spinning net shot off a short serve in singles.

4. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

Fave : cross court backhand smash and drop ( i prefer the smash one when my position is comfortable enough )
    Hardest : late crosscourt backhand clear

5. makapili

makapili Regular Member

Police
    I don't know if it is your fave/easiest/hardest shot, JR but those remarkable DIVES very common in any of your Finals games in every tournament, gets the AWE in all of us!:eek::)

6. Smarhiel

Smarhiel Regular Member

Student
    favourite: cross court jump smash (near the line)

hardest: tight cross court net shot

The cross court net shot always messes me up. my shot usually always go too high resulting in a net kill for the opponents

7. TedTheFarmer

TedTheFarmer Regular Member

Hmm, seems I haven't mentioned my own set :)
    Favourite shot : Deceptive backhand cross-court drop, I'm simply in love with those. They really help when your opponents think you have a weak backhand simply because you can't backhand clear from one side of the court to the other.
    Easiest shot : Push into a right handers forehand corner, I went through a phase of doing that so much, now I find it really easy to play with nice accuracy.
    Hardest shot : I'm tempted to say backhand clear but a lot of people have that problem, so I guess.. defensively I have a tendancy to commit a lot to my backhand defense, so a smash to my forehand hip catches me off guard a lot when I don't know it's most likely going there.

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

my list...

Fave: punch clear (when it catches them out), smash down the middle;
    Easiest: backhand net kill (looks cooler than the FH as well);
    Hardest: BH smash, BH clear corner to corner, smash defence on the FH hip,

9. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Favourite* : Overhead forehand smash (LD uses this all the time, he hits it while stepping backwards)
    Easiest : Tumbling net shot.
    Hardest : Underleg backflip backhand forecourt jumpsmash cut-back drop-turn!

*Favourite shot that I can do ... favourite shot that I've seen was probably Taufik's 360° backhand jump smash at 3:28