Zhang Jiewen where are you?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Just4Kicks, Jul 3, 2007.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    3 max, that's why chen hong feel left out.
    All i'm saying earlier was that LYB has more WS candidates to pick from than bullets in a revolver. The WS line of succession is prolly the strongest for china than any other china national badminton group.

2. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    A little off topic here now aren't we?

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Bet you ZN will be there in OLY08 and would even win....my guess!!

4. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Sure, ZN will be in OG08. When I say "the next Olympic" in my post, I mean the Olympic in 2012. Sorry for confusion.

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    after I replied to your post, I realized you meant 2012 OLY. In 2012 OLY, even XXF won't be there, probably married and making babies....hahaha!!! Hey, the current youngsters may not make it either, cos' another batch of hopeful will be there to challenge for the 3 precious spots. Making CHN WS trio and keeping the spot barring injury is probably more tougher than winning an Open event...just look at JYJ, where is she? Any countries, she will be #1 seed but lost among ZL, LL, and later on WYH, WL.

6. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    No problem. Anyway as Just4Kicks said, we are off topic. We should be discussing about ZJW not ZN!

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Singapore will take in Zhang Jiewen if LYB doesn't want her... Singapore will take any good players from anywhere...

8. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Hidup Zhang jw/Zhang dan...Really hope they can be partners

9. Just4Kicks

Just4Kicks Regular Member

Chef
    I watched the Philippine Open this afternoon. Zhao Ting Ting and Yang Wei lost to Polii and Greysia...

Surely there is no chemistry between the two right now... twas a close match but you can see Yang Wei's frustration over Zhao Ting Ting. Being fair to Zhao Ting Ting..she produced some brilliant shots but she made mistakes on the most crucial points.. she threw away 2 match points during the first set which is supposed to be an easy kill... and you can clearly see the two complaining about each other to their coach ( you should see Zhao making face to Yang Wei and vice versa) You really cant hide Yang Wei's frustration.. its kinda weird that they have been playing for months now but they still seem to have some rotation trouble.

Wake up LYB... bring back Zhang Jiewen!!!!

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Somehow, I think this more due to the styles of each one, and seems they just not meant to be a good match. I think the original intention to break Zhang/Yang was to extend their careers. However, seems it's not working on Yang at this moment. :cool:

11. Kioskla

Kioskla Regular Member

Student
    Zhao always have problem with her partner. Like when she paired with Wei Yili or any XD partner. Her game is not good, a lot of work to her partner. I don't understand why she's still in the national team while Zhang Jiewen is out!

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i notice that before too, ZTT does occasionally makes brilliant shots but she also makes mistakes on suppose to be easy shots too. It would be hard for ZW to adapt since she had been playing with ZJ for so long.

13. armortecfans

armortecfans Regular Member

In my opinion, Li Yongbo indeed should pair Yang Wei with Zhang Jiewen again. I have seen Zhao Tingting played, and mostly, they win either because the opponent is just weak/easy or Yang Wei played much brilliantly.
    I do not underestimate Zhao Tingting, but I agree that Yang Wei looks a bit frustrated when she is teamed up with Zhao Tingting.

14. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

Zhao at the net can be absolutely brilliant cause she's surprisingly fast and has great touch. But, she makes a lot of easy errors and lacks the all-around game that ZJW and YW had that could pull them out of any game. To watch YW and Zhao play together, you can see that yang wei is often picking up the slack of ting ting because she gets over-zealous in her net approaches or she makes a horrendous shot from the back (her drops from the back are usually ridiculously high above the net). They definitely are not a good match in terms of playing style.

15. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

ZTT always makes errors on crucial points. She never disappoints when it comes to hitting an error on a game/match point. She makes tons of unforced errors and has bad footwork. It's true that she makes very nice shots sometimes, but she's not as consistent as ZJW or YW.

16. dranmo

dranmo Regular Member

Sales
    HAA~ I am agree many of you that ZTT makes a lot of mistake. Any ZTT fans here? give us your opinion on ZTT game so the opinion wont be one sided.

my opinion on ZTT? watched her for too long and never really like how she play. she always seems to be the weaker link and its good that she broke up with Wei Yili. LYB maybe now will bring back the old team instead.

17. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

I'm a ZTT fan. I think I became a fan of her because the first ever badminton game I watched was her WC 2003 match against Robertson/Emms with CQQ.

I've been hoping she would gain some success because she's always been in one of the lower tiers in Chinese WD. I thought her partnership with Yang Wei would perhaps give her a chance to win titles, but she still suffers the same problems as back then. Her error prone game is not suited for the 21pt rally scoring system.

18. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Im Zhao's fan.I agree that she makes a lot of errors but,I think she still has chance of being winner in any tournament.

19. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    But on the 14th or 15th China Press paper wrote, someone spot they were holdings their hands together. They denied it maybe it is because they don't want to get all people's attention and both of them would be likely the press or other people to focus on the game. If it's true, i wish them luck... :D

20. lina_ngchiuhwa

lina_ngchiuhwa Regular Member

Clerk
    Oh... Pity for Zhang Jiewen...:(:(:(