Zymax 66F vs NBG 99 vs VS890

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by feroy, Jan 19, 2016.

1. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    Hi BCers,

I would like to ask your opinion about above strings.
    FYI, my usual strings are (in order) aerosonic, 66UM, and 66F.
    I like aerosonic the best, but for tension retention I prefer 66F.
    My setup is either 24 x 26 or 25 x 27.
    My aerosonic lasts around +- 20 hours play, so you can see that I am not a hard hitter.
    I would like to move to medium hard feeling strings and I have been reading about those strings above but I still could not decide which one I want to try.

From my observation (thanks to this forum), VS890 keeps string retention really nice, however the feel is not on par with VS850 or BG80P, so it should be below 66UM in the feel department. Also the control is below VS850.
    NBG 99 is good for control but tension retention is quite bad, same like BG80P. I am not sure about the feel.
    Zymax 66F seems really good in all but I am not convinced yet. Saw a friend of mine having 62F, the string moves alot.

I would like to see more comparison about these strings.
    thanks.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    From my experience VS850, VS800, VS650 and VS890 need a prestretch. Generally I found Victor strings not very repulsive for a long time, because they drop tension very fast and seems to be thicker than stated. I cut VS850 MK2 after 2 sessions. MK1 was IMO the better string. So no Victor String for me anymore. I had VS890 only as a demo set, but it was nothing which impressed me much.

NGB99 has slightly numb feel. Not as numb as NBG98, but not really stunning. About tension retension I can't say anything bad about BG80 Power and NBG99. Both are expensive strings in some parts of the world.

The Fire strings are softer than the normal Zymax and the Zymax are at most on the medium side of my personal chart.

To me you can only improve, because Aerosonic, Ultimax and Force are not the strings with the best feel for a long time and especially the force is pretty numb and Ultimax loose its magic after 2 sessions.

I suggest Zymax 65 (medium) or BG80(hard). If you like it a tad softer than BG80, BG80 Power(medium to hard) is the better choice and lasts a tiny bit longer.

3. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for your opinion ucantseeme.

That is what I am also afraid about victor string. I am not sure if my stringer does prestretch.
    Hmmm...if there is a numb feel, that is a let down for me. Yeah, 66F feels numb. I like 66UM but the tension seems dropping all the time.

I did not know that Zymax fire feels medium, I thought many of them feel medium hard.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep that in mind. I tried once BG80 Power but I did not remember as it was probably one year ago.

4. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    Following the suggestion above.
    Between BG80 Power, Zymax 65, and NBG99. Which one gives the better feel and control?
    If I focus on the control, will I lose much on the repulsion between those three?

I hope someone can help me with this.