*Korea Open 2008* : posting moderation level: HIGH

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by kwun, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Nahhhh, no cracking of brain involved, was downloading the vids from Horizon's sharekey, while waiting, just analyse a bit. Sup sup water lah

Oh yeah, if Taufik also not that dramatic, Taufik & coach I think dont understand Chinese. Maybe walk off like HK Open 2006 ?

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ok, yes sir, kwun!
    :D

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I see that Malaysians have not quite been able to differentiate between banter and humour bypass.

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    In HKO 2006, The referee which was from China said to TH: " if you do not like it, dont play" thats why TH walked out....

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    in Cheung's defense..

- for those who don't know, Cheung is also Malaysian.
    - much of what has mentioned is not racism, it is simply statistics.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

BC is adopting a new moderating level rating system..

..and looks like this yr's KO sub-forum is on the way of equalling the same amt. of posts that have been garnered in this yr's M'sian Open sub-forum..and if the newer posts are all related to this LiMao & LinDan incident..:p
    Btw, i like the new moderating level rating system..:cool:

7. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

A little far fetched. No one said or implied anything about race, only nations. I thought Asian people are the same race, am I wrong? In US, we count races as black, white, Asian, ..., no where to find separate categories for Msia, Ina, Chinese ... :D

8. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Thanks and enjoyed your rare humor. But I have to respectfully disagree with you on one point. I am not sure LM was in any position to teach LCW manner as we all witnessed in the video clip of MSF KO 08. Since he's a coach and LD only a player, I think he should know better not to worsen the situation. His behavior was not any better than LD in my opinion. If what he did to LD was on purpose, then we may see that more from his team in the future :mad:

9. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Does this mean when the moderation level goes back down we can have more room to make those comments :confused:;)

Since kwun just went to sleep, ctjcad, are you ready for my punch .. coming..:eek:

btw, I thought it's always the case that "we will not hesitate to moderate the posting and if we see a repeating pattern from some members, we will not hesitate to ban" :D

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well, true, it is always the case, but raising it to high means we will be paying extra attention and be extra strict.. ;)

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That's right...

..before, a LOW level discussion might require a pair of eyes to moderate...But a HIGH level discussion will require extra attention and be extra strict.
    Meaning, 3-4 pairs of eyes are needed; that of kwun's, Cheung's and Oldhand's and possibly jamesd20's ;):cool:

#31 ctjcad, Jan 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

My fellow bird friend, that was meant as as humor - LCW & Li Mao have good relationship till now, as seen & confirmed by both. That was based on what Li Mao said to LCW aft MO finals -"Why look tense, uncomposed?"
    A teacher can teach a student how to be prof(the theory), but teacher dont follow,still teacher's job to teach the good values. He he maybe change to "This is example of what NOT to do."

Many observed LHI was calm, composed while his coach was hopping mad. LCW was still LCW when Li Mao was coaching him.

Unfortunately, we may see more, but if it's LCW vs Korea MS, due to Misbun's coolness & good r/ship between LCW & Li Mao, it would not esscalate to the extent of KO scenario.

Worse case would be - LCW tells Misbun he cant take it anymore, tells umpire, walks off the court, Misbun if really pissed off on the day, agree & both just walk back to locker room, shaking their heads along the way.;);)

13. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    If that's what you meant kwun, the following comment falls in that category, and such comment coming out from a Malaysian and being a moderator here is not encouraging.

Originally Posted by Cheung [​IMG]
    Because no Malaysian interest;)

14. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Not to mention the lack of practical knowledge in the term 'racism' itself.

15. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    o u tryin to say world war III??? :D :D :D

16. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    oh for god's sake!

Insensitive? Non-sensical? Non-appropriate?

RACISM!?!?!?!?!

how was Cheung's comments be insensitive, non-sensical, not-appropriate or even RACIST??? When he read it I laughed softly..... Typical Cheung... Its a joke!

Go search the dictionary for Racism... *sigh*... some people are so sensitive...

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Haha. I can't tell what you smell.:D

As explained here

I notice your post was 8 minutes after mine - short enough that you may have not seen my explanation before the smell comment went up.

Since the original comment of "No Malaysian interest" seems to have created some problems, let's see if I can explain the comment even better.

1) Malaysians are very passionate about their players
    2) A number of posts from Malaysian supporters in the past have degraded into personal attacks.
    (Remember, not limited to this country only)
    3) These posts have an association to tournaments where controversy exists with matches involving Malaysian players
    4) Korean Open 2008 has no Malaysian players in the final
    5) Korean Open 2008 has controversial line calls
    6) Hau-ge says all posts over the line call issue have been pretty good
    7) I, personally, say that is because no Malaysian players are in the final.
    8) Therefore, Malaysian supporters have less reason for issues this time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hope the explanation can remove the perception of smells.:)

This issue must be the reason why another BC member tried to ring me at 11.30pm last night. Sorry I couldn't take the call.

#37 Cheung, Jan 28, 2008
  18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Well, Wilfredlgf, I wouldn't put any fault on anybody here. Everybody can have different interpretations. To be honest, my original comment was not clear enough for some people. That's OK by me.

Again, I know that if you go to school in Malaysia, you get exposed to many different languages. However, a person may not be fully conversant with all the nuances and subtleties in each of those languages. This may occur in other countries - people from North America use the term "line up" rather than "queue". One friend of mine recounted explaining to Canadians that the word "queue" did actually exist.

One rather cute example is if you ask for the time using the expression, "What time do you make it?"

#38 Cheung, Jan 28, 2008
  19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

the moderator will be very busy in this forum!!...

20. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes i can see language being a problem here, but trust me there is a thin line between good humor and bad humor. I live in USA now but brought up in Malaysia, still, i don't see people would appreciate such comments, especially people who doesn't know you, and here in the forum there are new people like me everyday visiting the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.