2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    DSC_0205.jpg

Omg, matte just looks awesome

2. LoneRanger

Student
    DSC_0204.jpg

Just a comparison with the NRZSP and Woods N90 II
    The shaft is definetely slimmer.

3. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Thanks. Heh

4. LoneRanger

Student
    Is that the 3U or 4U?
    Could you write a short review on it.
    I love my 3U, wonder whether u do

5. p2user

p2user Regular Member

This thread is making me racket envy especially when the racket was released just after my sister leaving HK, so I got some other rackets instead. Would just have to try and force myself to not want the z force 2 and be content with the original z force which I have. But it would be interesting to find out if the 3u is a big improvement or over the old 3u.

6. SleepyEyedBoyZ

I like it from the start! The looks are nice but maybe it was the small frame that attracts me or rather the ease of the use of the racket for me that seals the deal.

Mine was a 4u. I got it with the intentions for using in doubles but took it for a try in singles.

Probably, I can give my first impression of the racket:

I'm using a 4ug5 Z-force II with nanoray 98 strings (default color) at 27lbs.

Weight: it actually feels lighter as compared to the same specs zf or vt80. (Definitely lighter than a 3u zspeed.) :p

Control: it goes to where you want but if you aren't concentrating, it will punish you by sending the shots out (that happens when shots are easily forgone to be yours. Drop shots wise, are comfortable for me and I got a pretty good rate of success.

Speed & Power: this can be seen/felt easily from the get go. Smashes do go faster and harder. Noted from my buddy who's on the receiving end, the power that I send over is enough for him to just place the racket where the shot is going, do nothing... And the shots sailed back to my court... -.-"" but it's faster to make him run more and stretch more to reach them. Clears will take a bit more strength as it's a 4u and it felt light weight for singles match. 3u will be just nice for singles.

Drives: as the shaft is stiffer, it makes it more fun for me as I do dragged the shots until I see the opponents lock theirselves and snap cross court.

Similarities: To me, it feels similar to a nanoray z-speed, which is a fun racket to use and quite simple for me.

That being said are the first impressions I had, I will still need a few more sessions to know the racket more "intimately." :D

7. LoneRanger

Student
  8. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The new stuff has arrived

Attached Files:

9. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I must admit, I could not resist the temptation either and ordered a 3UG5 ZF2 today. Hopefully it'll arrive before my session tomorrow.

10. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    No signed poster ? :O

Also I think they said they added an extra gift (BG80P ?) to the bundle, is it the case ?

11. SleepyEyedBoyZ

Only for pre-order I think.

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Pardon my laziness.

Yes, your bundle includes an A4-size poster with a LCW (printed) signature, a nice T-shirt, a racquet-length cloth drawstring bag, a Voltric racquet cover and one pack of BG80 strings.

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ...and it includes a LCW mask! :cool:

14. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

How dare you.... tonight I am going to buy shuttlecocks and test the Z-Force II.....don't tempt me to buy it..... don't tempt me..... :crying:

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Actually, I didn't buy it for myself.
    The picture is of yan.v's order :)

16. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

You devil :D

BTW, I went to have a look at the Z-Force II and compared it to a Z-Force 88. It does have a smaller head like the ZSpeed. The shocker though.... Z-Force II at 3U is lighter than the Z-Speed at 3U. :eek:

17. LoneRanger

Student
    DSC_0220.jpg

Can find more images in my review soon

18. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Thanks for the info. I was wondering on the ZF-II swing weight compared to ZSPD.
    Did you manage to see how much is the average weight in 3U ?

19. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Both Z-Speed and Z-Force in 3UG4 weigh the same @ 88g. BP of the Z-Force is 36.85cm and Z-Speed is 37.5cm, measuring from frame top. Played with the ZF2 with a sore elbow on Monday, I didn't enjoy playing with it at all, so I won't say much at this time. Clearing and smashing were great tho, and the racquet is the best looking Yonex racquet IMHO. I had switched from ZF to ZS when ZS came out and gotten used to it without a hitch(the smashing timing synced later) and still loving it. The ZF2 is strung with LiNing AP101N(0.66) @ 26/28#s, 2 knots.

20. delaneau

delaneau Regular Member

Real Estate Negotiator
    finally...i get to try VTZF2...i have to say...its marvelous...since i tamed and been using VTZF1 for past 2 years...its hard to find other yonex model or other brands racquect that can come close to it...the only racquect which i personally feel special and wanted to get is Flash Boost...its so easy to play with but just lacking alot of power...

So...my personal review...i havent bought one yet, but my supplier always allow us to try before buying it...the supplier string it(3U/G5) with BG66UM - 30-32 lbs...while swinging the racquect before hitting any shuttle comparing to my VTZF1...i feel VTZF head heavy is focus on the top of the frame...but my VTZF the heaviness feels like its from the shaft to the frame ( like carrying the whole weight of the racquect on the handle)

So i starting warming up, its definitely stiffer than VTZF1 but it feels very smooth...compare to my VTZF1, my VTZF1 feels like dragging in the air but it allows me to generate the power like something is pulling my racquect before releasing it which i dont get from VTZF2. So it took me sometime to adjust my swing, feel like i have to delay from my normal swing...cos it feels like it is slicing the air.

Lob once smoother, less stress on the shoulder, drop needs to readjust the timing...net sensitivity also need to readjust the timing...even short service...cos it just slice through the air making my net and service abit too high over the net...defending smashes is much easier...i can reach faster...due to the timing there are time when i swing went thru 1st and miss the shuttle. (conclusion on the warm up, timing have to readjust and adapt to)

So i started playing doubles ( i am more of a front player) its so much easier to hold the racquect up ( reminds me when i was trying the Flash Boost)...the overall power of my shots are abit off...mostly over hit cos its so smooth...for me its so much faster for a front court player...smashes i feel its about the same...maybe less power...cos i dont feel the drag of the racquect so i cant bent the shaft enuff...

well...in the early of the 2nd set...the string broke on a forehand drive...

my personal opinion, it feels like a 4U VTZF1 weigth with the same power of 3U VTZF1...btw...the the storekeeper told me he weighted the racquect it was 92gm...he chose the heaviest among all the stock he has for sampling...

as a badminton racquect...a tool to a better performance...i love it...i understand y Yonex would discontinue the VTZF1...this is just a much better version of the VTZF1...way better