Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

I think we'll see some surprises from the Datuk this year. A well prepared Lee is something we have not seen much of considering the number of tournaments he has played in the last two or three years. It's good that he supports the Super Series circuit, but also bad in the sense that he tends to peak way before the WC or Olympics.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
  4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Even if LD win SO and IO, LCW won't get dethroned... lol

And the Singapore ranking points ain't even calculated in his rankings...

5. bigdeal

bigdeal Regular Member

ah dui... paper saying that lin dan will replace as series's number 1...

not world number 1... you all nv read properly la haha

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    超越李宗偉以重奪男單世界第一的寶座。
    try to translate the word in bold?
    http://sports.sinchew-i.com/node/18141?tid=3

even if lin dan won sgo,his super series ranking point still not enough to overcome lcw
    lcw won 3 and lost 1 final
    lin dan 1 title,1 final and 1 quater final

7. bigdeal

bigdeal Regular Member

I read the report in english version. ( forgot where) but it says series champion.

But today Singapore English news also write world champion.

Omg, stupid news reporter!!

8. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Some people are not doing their job.

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14956

They forgot to include India SS ranking points into the calculation. Also, I think the chinese articles was originally from a Chinese press(from China). I read it in Sohou or something a day earlier before it was published in sin chew.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh i see
    i dont think there is many professional sport journalist/reporter in malaysia

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Limsy, can u let me know for WC11 in London, the current world ranking points of CHN MS players, and how many CHN MS players are allowed to play in London if they are in the top 4, thanks.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the list already done
    lin dan,chen long,chen jin
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=34558

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
  13. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

The Datuk rightfully declined to participate considering that even LD had stomach trouble and couldn't attend the press conference. Must be the food or something, so the Datuk didn't want a repeat of India. :) But seriously, with the WC less than two months away I think he's doing the right thing mentally and physically preparing for the tournament (apart from the Indonesia Open).

#5833 Voltric, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    then the reporter must be wrong
    as lin dan too will get wr point deducted as he so cowardly chickened out of india
    haha

15. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Aiya Mr limsy, be nice to Lin Dan's fans la. We should treat them with courtesy...:D:Dand show them how to be classy even though they try to post nonsense in LCW's thread. But I have to say that I did not expect such a ehhh.... let's just say such a non inspiring post from a long time member, twobeer in BC.

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Good Luck to LCW.

Courtesy of The Star

Chong Wei hopes to get lucky in his sixth outing in the world meet

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Shuttler Lee Chong Wei’s favourite number is 6.
    The number plates on his two cars are 6. His latest house address is No. 6.
    In August, he will be competing in his sixth World Championships in London.
    And he is hoping that six will be his lucky charm as he bids to become the country’s first world badminton champion.
    [​IMG] Better luck: The plates on Lee Chong Wei’s two cars carry the number 6. – S.S. KANESAN / The Star
    “Six has been a lucky number for me. I am going for my sixth world meet and, hopefully, I will be lucky enough to win it this time,” said world No. 1 Chong Wei after a training session at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    “In Chinese, the digit six refers to luck also. And I think, I may need some of it this time after falling short in my previous world outings.”
    Chong Wei has gone through a roller-coaster ride in his five previous World Championships campaigns.
    He enjoyed a splendid World Championships debut in the United States in 2005, performing better than his seniors to reach the semi-finals.
    He was a quarter-finalist in 2006 (Madrid), 2009 (Hyderabad) and 2010 (Paris) and he made it to the third round in 2007 (Kuala Lumpur).
    Chong Wei said that his obsession with number six began when he won his first international title at the 2004 Malaysia Open.
    He was then presented with a car registration plate bearing the number 6 by Ling Hee Leong, the son of former Transport Minister Tun Dr Ling Liong Sik.
    “The unique gift meant a lot to me because it was my first international title. Since then, I have been winning titles. So, I decided to stick to number six as my lucky charm. I tend to go after this number whenever I am in a position to choose,” he said.
    Chong Wei also gave his World Championships preparations the thumbs-up.
    The 29-year-old has one more international assignment – the Indonesia Open next week – before he heads to London for the world event.
    And the Malaysian is hoping to win his third back-to-back title in Jakarta for a timely boost.
    Chong Wei is the top seed for the Premier Super Series event and his main rival will again be China’s Lin Dan.
    “I am happy with my preparations for the world meet so far. I am injury-free and I am focused on doing well. A good outing in the Indonesia Open will put me in good stead for the world meet,” said Chong Wei, who will leave for Jakarta tomorrow.
    “It will be great if I can meet Lin Dan in the final but that does not mean I will take the others lightly. It is always best to tread with caution from the first round onwards.”
    In Chong Wei’s half are South Korean Lee Hyun-il; China’s Chen Long, Wang Zhengming and Du Pengyu; Japan’s Tago Kenichi and Kazushi Yamada; Denmark’s Jan O Jorgensen; and Thailand’s Boonsak Ponsana.
    The lower half will have second seed Lin Dan; Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen; Indonesia’s Taufik Hidayat; and South Korean Park Sung-hwan.
    If Chong Wei wins the Indonesia Open, it will be his sixth title of the year.
    He has also won the Super Series Masters Final, Malaysia Open, All-England, India Open and the Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold.

17. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    LCW deserves his cars, his winnings and endorsements and his good-luck number.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Count 'em team events..

If it's H2H record, i wouldn't count out the team events (2009 Sudirman Cup and 2010 Thomas Cup). The respective players' teams might've lost/won, but i would still count their H2H. I mean, they were playing for something, didn't they, esp. in 2010 Thomas Cup Semifinals? So, i think the record is 5-3 in favor of LD; and 6-3 in favor of LD if we add the Asian Games MS final.

#5838 ctjcad, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    invinkoh want to count individual head to head ,not me
    and i have included ag final in the 4-3
    try to show how it will be come 6-3 from 2009 to 2011,haha

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I've added the team events because I think team events' H2H should count..I don't see why not..
    ..add the 2 H2H team events' wins for LD (in 2009 SC and 2010 TC) plus the 2010 AG match, plus the 3 individual events..2 plus 1 plus 3 equal?...*drum roll please*

#5840 ctjcad, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011