Looking for stringing machine suggestions.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Chris wadson, Nov 8, 2023.

1. what07

what07 Regular Member

I'm not sure but if the courier that is doing the shipping is like DHL, be prepared for those import fees for clearing customs in addition to your shipping charges. Unless you plan on clearing it urself.

2. viver

viver Regular Member

I do have an old 2-point, crank stringing machine and also looking at the newer stringing machines. It's just a hobby for me, stringing mostly for myself and sometimes for a few friends.

I love the machines suggested by the members here, they look great. I am very interested with the technology involved in the newer machines, but I only plan to string my own rackets, I might just go for the crank version one (cheaper). Service/maintenance/warranty is things I also consider, having a reliable local support is always a plus.

But, I wouldn't mind this https://yumo.ca/products/victor-badminton-stringing-machine-c-7032-pro, if my prime minister approves it :p.

Cheung, DarthHowie and akatsuki2104 like this.
  3. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    The Victor VE-50 pro is equally nice if you plan to string non badminton rackets. However, i wish there was an option to purchase and add-on of the 4 tooth clamps from the 7032 pro. This is something i'm looking into 2025 after 12 months of usage and have paid off my machine.

Cheung and viver like this.
  4. viver

viver Regular Member

I don't know much about the specifics of the stringing machines. A very good buddy of mine has the C-7032 Pro for years and only strings badminton rackets. Not quite sure what options he had on his stringing machine, but my friend appears to be very happy with this machine. I will visit him in the next few months and maybe have a chance to work with his machine :).

As for myself, I could not justify getting this machine just for the tasks I have in mind now - it's maybe like driving a Ferrari to work daily in the city traffic.

5. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

The VE-50 would be the end game for most. I so wish I could justify having one haha

Envoyé de mon SM-S918B en utilisant Tapatalk

6. mckbadminton

mckbadminton New Member

7. DarthHowie

To be honest...The yonex machines are the dream goals. but at ~3x the cost...it's reserved only for the pros and full-time stringers.

8. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

What does the Yonex machine do better than the Victor's?

Envoyé de mon SM-S918B en utilisant Tapatalk

9. DarthHowie

It's probably all perception of quality and craftsmanship with Japanese > Taiwan > China made products.
    My limited experience with Yonex Machines are mainly clamps and starting clamps. They are great and effortless. Should it be charged 3x more? probably not. I'm happy with my machine.

For most people 4 figures is the most you'll ever want to spend (over time) on a quality stringing machine (machine + wise alone is low 4 digits).

I can't comment as to support/customer service and warranty. That could be key differentiator.

s_mair and akatsuki2104 like this.
  10. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

11. Chris wadson

Chris wadson Regular Member

The funding was delayed, hopefully it is still coming. I did not come to a decision yet and will continue researching when I am sure the funding is given. Hopeful!

12. Chris wadson

Tennis man seems to be out of stock of many models so the choices seem to be more limited. At the moment I have swiveled to one of these two.

https://www.tennisman.de/en/Other/S...ISMAN-StringMaster-4000-Electronic.html?cur=3

https://www.racquetdepot.co.uk/penta-premium-7600-wise-2086-stringing-machine/

I think the tennisman has much higher shipping costs...but probably comes out similar.

13. Chris wadson

14. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

Yes, you save on the VAT, but they use DHL for shipping, so I expect that brokerage fees will be quite high. I emailed Dirk at Tennisman.de, he had mentioned he was getting a restock on Stringmaster branded stuff and that the container was suppose to arrive in port at the end of March. Maybe something happened. Racquetguys.ca also updated their restock on Gamma stringing machines moving it to late summer.

15. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

16. Chris wadson

This one looks really good, has the better semi-auto clamps with the wise....I am a little confused why it is so much cheaper. For my uses though it probably would be amazing.

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The T15 is a dead solid machine for its price, hands down. You could always start with the drop weight version and upgrade with a WISE later on once you’re sure that stringing really is your thing.

18. Chris wadson

Thank you! Depending on the funding I think this will be the model I choose and hope that their are not some crazy high hidden fees with importing etc..... They only seem to have the universal clamp option available, but hopefully those work well for badminton as well (only plan on doing badminton, but who knows can extend my boundaries). I will probably get the wise initially, the speed looks much better, and I have use the crank lock out in the past.

19. Chris wadson

Looks like they are out of stock for stands that fit this model so may have to purchase one in the future.

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member