Panda Power: A Racket That Can Take 40lbs. String Tension!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DinkAlot, Apr 22, 2009.

1. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    82.5g wont give you alot of punch if thats what you are looking for, but if you like the AT900T then you might not want to change the spec too much

2. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    I am thinking more to the design of the racket and what strings i use. I know people say heavier racket more power but they also forget the drag and the energy put into the swing. You can throw a lighter rock at a wall harder than a heavier one so but if you put the same energy into both then the heavier one will cause more damage. Its finding the right balance, i find i get more power from my AT900T than i do from heavier rackets because of my technique and the energy and how much energy is put into the swing. Its not just about weight either, this racket is head heavy so the weight will be at the head, ergo the more weight behind the same energy = more power. I've just taken it to the far ends of the scale which is where i like it.

3. BOUBOS1957

BOUBOS1957 Regular Member

CATEGORY DIRECTOR
    Sorry Dink, the chart is unreadable, I will download it in a picture format tonight.

4. justbecos

justbecos Regular Member

Hi

Could some one tell me what the grip size is ib the T2? I have looked but I can't see it anywhere.

Cheers

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

^^^ Grip size is equivalent to Yonex G5 - for which I am extremely grateful:).

6. Takamsda

Takamsda Regular Member

Professional Badminton Racket Stringer at Noah's B
    40 Trinity version 2 just arrived today. please e-mail me for available specs

7. bbi2004

bbi2004 Regular Member

I can only purchase one racket, should I wait for revelation or go for Trinity 2 V2. Advise please.

8. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    bbi2004, it depends on what you like. What is your favorite racket, and what do you hope to gain from a new racket that is better over your current one?

9. bbi2004

bbi2004 Regular Member

Thanks singnflip4life for your quick reply.
    I have Apacs Lethal 70 (I feel better with this racket). As I seen from the users comments on T2V2 as well as regarding Revelation, I am thinking that Revelation will be more power oriented, durable with similar features of T2V2. As I can only spend money for one racket, if Revelation will be better than T2V2 in all respect, I will wait for the Revelation. If it will be entirely different from T2V2, then I will think about to purchase T2V2.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

If you like the Lethal 70, then maybe you should wait for the Genesis. The T2 is more like the Tantrum 200/300.

11. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    If I can remember right (FAR TOO MANY RACKETS TO REMEMBER ANYMORE), the Revelation was meant to be a T2 with woven carbon fiber in the frame to add increased stability, strength, and power [though how much more it needs is beyond me, its pretty stable and strong already]. Lethal 70 (and lethal series in general) is a VERY attack based racket, I'd say it'd be more like the Genesis, but if its between the Revelation and the T2, I'd go with Revelation. Don't get me wrong, the T2 is a VERY VERY GOOD racket, but if you want a more attacking racket, a more head heavy Revelation may be in order.

But keep in mind there isn't really a definite time table on the release of the other rackets due to the Panda's meticulous nature and desire to put out a perfect product (which I highly applaud and appreciate), so if you need the racket soon, you can't go wrong with a more head heavy T2V2. But there is no better authority than The Man himself, so you should probably await word from him.

12. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    I was thinking that very same thing. The T2 is like the Tantrum series, but better. And yes, Genesis would be the increase in attack he's looking for, but if he wants to decide between the Revelation and the T2 and can wait, I'd recommend the Revelation.

13. bbi2004

bbi2004 Regular Member

Thanks.
    As I am very comfortable with Lethal 70 for doubles play, I think Genesis may be more demanding than Revelation or Lethal 70. I want an attacking racket which is less demanding with quickness, power, stability, strength and durability and take high tension.

14. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    If you want an attacker that is less demanding but still quick, I'd recommend waiting for a Revelation then. Or seeing if you can try out a T2V2 from someone.

15. bbi2004

bbi2004 Regular Member

Thanks for kind suggestion.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

No, Genesis should be fine... now Ultra would be demanding.

17. bbi2004

bbi2004 Regular Member

Thanks for kind suggestion.

18. Takamsda

Takamsda Regular Member

Professional Badminton Racket Stringer at Noah's B
    4/40 Trinity T2v2 are gone. Please email me at takamsda@gmail.com for available specs. Thank you!

19. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    I've been looking back on this thread and thought of an idea for a T-shirt. How about just a plain white t-shirt, obviously not 100% cotton but some poly mix. Put the DC logo on the side and then tie-dye it in the appropriate colours of the racket. Voila instant unique DC t-shirt.

20. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

for the people in Malaysia and Indonesia who would like to buy Panda Power Trinity-2, you can PM me or e-mail me at : ansarpro@gmail.com