Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    If I am not wrong , Kim Sa Rang is still using MX 80, he rotate between MX 80 and MX 90. Sometime I see in match he use new Jetspeed Orange. I believe he do not like it thats why switch back to MX 90.

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Whilst it's unusual for a player to completely change rackets in a match, JJS used to do this too. Whether it's just psychological or the need to change the feel of the racket according to tactics played who knows.

I had MX80N in my bag recently but didn't have the time to test it. However, my pal Mark had the old version and confirmed to me they feel the same.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Not half - I've seen him use the BS10 and SW35 in the same match. And YYS chopped and changed between the BS12 and the blue Jetspeed at the Hong Kong a few weeks ago.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I'm going to rock the boat here and say I don't like it - it's too similar to the VTZF LTD, and I thought it needed a "signature colour" that stood out better than the purple. It's not unpleasant, just anodyne.

(Especially when you consider the stuff Yonex has put out lately - you can see some of those rackets from space.)

But I think the MX80 is still the best Victor ever made.

5. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Yes, there's a lacking in boldness with colour schemes and maybe that's one of the reasons JJS worked so well, aside form it being a superb racket.

Victor do need to show more flair in their rackets. They are excellent in clothing design and now the coloured shoes are being introduced this could be the beginning of a new era for Victor.

Paul

6. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi Paul : Waiting for your report on MX 80N...

7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    He already commented that Mark says the old and new one feel exactly then same. If that's the case I don't see why you would need feed back on it seeing as you are selling your MX 80 due to your inability to handle it =|

8. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I do not have plans to write a review on MX80N.

I have numerous rackets to review which I've already put off including all the Lightfighter range and then I'll have the new range of Victor rackets arriving.

In betwen these I have numerous articles to write and videos to prepare.

Paul

9. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

I don't like the Pink shirts introduced by Victor as used by LYD.... I mean, how many percentage of men population in this world who likes to wear pinky as their apparel..... :(

Men prefers to wear bold colors... black, red, white, blue, etc.... but never pink nor purple...

Looking forward for your review Paul :D

Btw, could you please clarify with Victor Europe concerning stringing recommendation for Lightfighter series ?

If they declare 26 Lbs as maximum tension, then would it be (a) 24x26 lbs, (b) 26x26 lbs, or (c) 26x28 lbs ?

Especially considering that the weight categorization of these series are 5U (or less)... :)

Thanks in advance.

10. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Never? :) Well I have the purple Victor shirt which LYD has worn at the Korea Open 2012 (where the probably one of the best MD final match has been played ever).
    It just looks different and nice. It's fancy and young looking. I mean all of us have pretty sure enough shirts with all the standard colors like black, white, blue, etc. So why not wearing some different colors ;)

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I liked the pink one they used in 2012 from 2011 til the 2012 sudirman cup. So sad I lost it by leaving at the hall Y.Y

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Well, Victor rackets now deserve attention, but they've still got to go out and get it.

The shoes and kit have been pretty brave lately, though, so let's hope the rackets got the same way.

13. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I'm wearing the pink shirt worn by LYD and JJS for All England final 2012. I also have WC shirts and Sudirman Cup shirts.

I understand that pink isn't everyone's favourite and I don't understand why a bold red isn't used instead. The Koreans like wearing blue so we are pretty much guaranteed to get blue shirts in Europe and possibly yellow over the pink which is fair.

Yes, they need to be bolder with colours on rackets but sometimes there is a fine line between being bold and garish. That said most people agreed TK9000 was a really good looking racket. I also like TK7000S so who knows, maybe there are moves to brighten up the range a little.

I have no idea whether LYD shoes will sell well. I understand we will have limited numbers in Europe as a test order to see what demand will be like for this shoe. Coloured shoes do not appear popular in UK yet. I have no idea what what percentage of players in Europe wear coloured shoes so the whole shoe range is a huge test for me.

Paul

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If I could afford the black/orange shirts from the Sudirman, I'd have a couple of those - I think they're the best-looking badminton tops I've ever seen in the twenty years I've been following the sport.

Victor's latest kit looks like it'll be a barn-stormer as well - they can't seem to go wrong with the textile side at the moment.

15. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Victor rackets that I'm familiar with have main/cross max tension specified on the cone. If someone just gives one number, then it will be the (higher) cross. For reference, 3u MX has 2lb difference between main & cross.

16. clawhammers

Many Thanks [MENTION=31680]amleto[/MENTION] :)

I've been thinking the same reasoning with you.

Probably it would be best for Lightfighter series to be strung at 24x26 due to its weight specs (5U)

17. clawhammers

18. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    No chioice , as the Victor want th players wear Purple or pink , as they are sponsors.. Can U say no to your Sponsors ?

19. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager

Don't understand what you are trying to say as in a previous post, you commented that no professional player will use the MX80N because it's color is similar to N90 III.

What if Victor want them to use the MX80N? Can they say no to their sponsor?

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've done LFs at 25x27 and they were absolutely fine.