Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Never mind, I can't read

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    ya , they can say no , Example People like Lin dan has rejected to N90 II and III, as long as they are using Victor rackets, Victor dont care which model they use !

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Your opinion would have merit if it were about clothing instead of rackets..and about your point referring to victor rackets. if Victor didn't care what rackets their sponsored players used then why did the former SW 35 users mostly end up using the TK 8000? Care to explain that? since you seem to have an inside line on what victor's marketing strategy is.

4. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    No , i don't think so , Superwave 35 , next is MX 80 then to JJS. Next I foresee JJS replace by MX 80N

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You only make sense in your own delusional world. No one is talking about what rackets JJS used. I was referring to ALL players that used to use the SW35 until they changed to the TK8000 last year.

6. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Either we have a psychic or he knows the personal preference of the players. He seems to imply that sponsored players have the freedom to chose any racquets he wants (fair and reasonable) but at the same time, he say that the sponsored players will likely not use the MX80N as the color is similar to N90 III.

"MX80N, color is following more or less like N90 III . I doubt any top players will use this racket !"

I am no psychic nor do I know of badminton manufacturer's marketing strategy or the specific of the contract that they have with it's sponsored player. Assuming that the contract give players the autonomy to chose the racquet they like, it doesn't mean that the players totally ignore the manufacturer's request to "help" promote a certain series/model of racquets. A good manufacturer will certainly listen to their player's feedback and incorporate it to their development process.
    Remember the Spira 21/22 ?

7. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Thanks Mark A,

I guess 1 (or 2) lbs higher would also be acceptable to strung LF series.

Though, I just strung my LF7300 with 24x26 this morning... :)

8. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Is that the kinda dragon / tribal / floral looking thing?

I like most Victor shirts. Kinda all slightly wrong in a right kinda way. Actually most badminton stuff is like that, which is why I like it. They'll never give the Nike design department anything to worry about, but that's part of the charm.

9. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Maklike:
    Should use ur graphic skills to help Victor design their shirts...they seriously nd help lol.

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Appreciate the compliment, but I kinda don't mind the Victor shirts.

But hey, if you like what I'm doing, by all means buy my shirts now so you can say "I used to know him when..." ;)

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Hadn't seen it in this colourway until now 'T-3000 C' (still far from the best I've seen but not bad at all [​IMG]. Navy and orange is an even better colour combo imo)

Victor T-3000C-500x500.jpg

And the complementary fake for $16 [​IMG]

Wholesale-In-the-summer-of-2013-the-new-font-b-badminton-b-font-font-b-victor.jpg

#3171 demolidor, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  12. swunk

swunk Regular Member

i don't know if i have a fake or not, but i bought several set of these shirt and shorts on ebay (cheap) and they are just excellent. the colouring is just superb.

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Sometimes there are cheaper versions without most of the so called technology of the match shirts but they would have a different model number/name ... but eBay isn't exactly the most reliable place for genuine apparel :D.

14. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi Fans : Will Lee Yong Dae be using Jet Speed blue in 2014 soon ?

15. swunk

swunk Regular Member

yeah for sure. but i wanted a comfortable and cheap set of shirts with a nice design - and i definitely got that.
    it's like my phone - it's an HTC ONE clone, of course it's different in little details but it's very hard to tell the difference from a far and it does all the things i expect it to )

16. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    How come lyd racket is painted up like the old bs12? If they can make ur look like any racket then why not the new colour or his signature racket?

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Perhaps he likes the blue one? And because the specs of it fit his style of play better than the signature racket? Purely speculation on my part of course but seeing as how a racket feel is very important to majority of players I think it's a good guess :p

18. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I read that Yonex sprayed one to look like another, for mogenson? So assuming Victor do that, I think an old colour scheme is an odd choice. Maybe they did a batch of krp and didn't care too respray.

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    True that but I've yet to see any players really playing with a resprayed racket..they usually just hang on to it until they have no choice but to change..plus Koreans are known for being patriotic and nothing like a little blue being part of their flag make a bag color choice :D either way he and whoever he partners with pretty much end up being the poster boys of brand so they probably have quite a bit of autonomy with what they'd like to use.

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

They don't, spray paint rackets. Heck, one of their sponsored players used to play with a Yonex MP99 and they didn't bother to repaint it :D