Victor Thruster K6000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shinichi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    OK - let me give you the official word because I was with MD Victor Europe on Thursday evening. JJS is sold out and will not available in Europe once shop stocks have gone.

TK6000 is currently sold out. There are new stocks arriving this week and they are also sold out. So unless Central Sports or Direct Sports have back orders they will not receive new stock until February.

For the record TK6000 is NOT discontinued and Victor Europe will be selling it as part of the Thruster range in 2014.

Why on earth they used the "discontinued" phrase i'll never know.

Ben from Badminton Base has some on order so he should receive his. Whether he will have many in I really can't say. But, more stocks will be available next year.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

2. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Just to add a few more thoughts to my experience with the TK6000 after a couple more weeks of play. When I saw it on sale at an online retailer, I thought the specs would work well for me and they did. I even agonized over 3U vs. 4U and whether I could handle the headheaviness. I wanted to keep it and I would pull it out during club, but eventually I had to switch back to my AT900T or ARC11. I actually had the TK6K for longer than both rackets, yet I adjusted to the AT900T and ARC11 quicker. Before the TK I played with Apacs' Lethal 70 (291mm, stiff). The reason I chose the AT900T over the TK6000 is because of the maneuverability of the aerodynamic frame and also the power that can be generated. The same goes for the ARC11, I felt I could do more with the racket and the balance felt so right that I would win points on serve returns with a fast drive or a deceptive netshot (highlights of the ARC11 for me). I feel others would probably play with the TK6000 better than I can, just like how there are few who can play well with a VTZF. Consequently, I sold my TK6000 and also VTZF. The TK6K felt stiffer than its rating as well, then again I didn't have much experience with Victor rackets before it. So if you're new to Victor rackets, give some time to adapt to it.

3. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    There are some rackets you take to immediately and others that grow on you. A racket should be an extension of your hand so if you're not feeling that then it's more likely you have selected the wrong racket for you.

Don't beat yourself up over it as choosing a racket is all part of the experience you gain in this sport. I wrote a detailed article on choosing a racket and the questions you should ask of yourself. If you haven't read then please do so before you select a racket.

Paul

4. Smashthecock

Smashthecock Regular Member

Interior Design
    Phaam,

I agree with your comments regarding the stiffness of the tk6000.

So how would you rate the Arc 11 for a doubles player?

I have to say at900t is a classic racket

Jag

5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    wow!!! That's fast

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Bro : TK 6000. Chris still have , you can order from him ...

7. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    already have it. Love it

8. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I would have been tempted to buy this racket if your review had included a comparison with the 3U version (and not just hypothetically). I was curious about 3U verses 4U in general, and therefore bought the 4U version of my Z-Force. You know what my thoughts were? The 4U was lighter. But that didn't mean I had weaker smashes or better defence etc. It certainly didn't change my level of play. At the end of the day, it made no significant overall difference. I'm curious to know what your opinion is with regard to the highest rated racket you've ever given. It probably deserves such a comparison.

9. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Maybe Paul could borrow 3u frm someone or order online... ; )

10. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    there are no 3U versions available in Europe. We only receive one weight and grip size per racket.

Paul

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If weight makes no difference to you, then why does it all of a sudden matter?

Not everyone can buy every configuration of every racket ever made, and not everyone can go to the ends' of the earth trying to find them just so you can think a review is more comprehensive or deserving.

Reviews: Take it or leave it.

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Please re-read the above, and don't just quote things out of context. And sure, reviews are merely words. But that doesn't mean we can't respond to them with words too.

Response to reviews: Take it or leave it.

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I know that. But since you've given this racket your highest rating ever, I would have thought you'd be curious to know how the 3U version performs. Curious enough to spend your own money to get one hehe. Guess not, and that's fair enough I suppose.

14. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    ssj100 - yes I'm curious, who wouldn't be. But I have a 3U TK8000 and I know how that plays. However, I'm not curious enough to try and import another version of the same racket at my cost. I simply don't have the time.

Currently I have 6 rackets to test and will have more arriving in January. I don't want my blog to become a racket review site. I like to write coaching articles but these days rarely get the chance.

Paul

15. visor

visor Regular Member

I nominate ssj100 to send Paul a 3u version to test and compare. Who'll second? ;)

16. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    You know I will ;)

17. guantou

guantou Regular Member

hi all,

how does the k6000 fare against mx60?

18. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    It depends on your tastes. It's more head heavy and I feel it's a faster frame. Both rackets are excellent but I have no idea whether you'll like TK6000. I also feel TK6000 is more powerful but again that depends on the players tastes.

Paul

19. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

For me ARC11 is a great racket for both singles and doubles. But, for me the effectiveness of Arc11 really shines from the front to the midcourt.

That being said, the Arc11 can still be effective at the rearcourt, it's just that it's better for me at front-mid. For example, I wanted to test my reflexes during a recreational game and I would sometimes take smashes while standing in between the front and midcourt so right around the "T". Also while returning serve I was better at attacking with drives and won more drive exchanges.

Hey Jag, for doubles (especially MD), nowadays it's important to be able to play in both the front and rearcourt since there will be many times where you will have to cover for your partner. The Arc11 is a good option therefore when your partner is about the same playing level as you are (more often in men's doubles). If you tend to be the rearcourt player (more often in mixed), you might want to upgrade to a slightly head heavier racket (for me it's the AT900T, definitely a classic). Don't get me wrong though, I would still play with either one regardless of type of doubles, it's just that's where I feel each racket really shines. Most of the time my AT900T's first smash doesn't win the point anyway, it's to setup my partner for the kill when the return hovers over the net, and smash speed definitely helps with getting a favourable return; sometimes I'll follow up as well if I do a straight smash and get a hovering straight return (your momentum drives you forward). Hope that helps! PM me if you have more questions, don't want to get this thread off topic.

Good luck!

Paul, it's funny you should say that. Ever since I sold my old AT900T three years ago, I always felt that something was missing. After some training and a change in game strategy and skill I decided once again to have a go at it. And it really does feel like an extension of myself. I'm already thinking about getting another one just in case anything happens.

20. swunk

swunk Regular Member

I don't know who rated TK6000 as medium flex (3/5 on victor scale). It's definitely stiff. At least 4/5. It feels stiffer than JJS.
    I find it difficult to play with stiff rackets with plastic shuttles and tk6000 is no exception. With feathers the situation changes very much though.