Victor Thruster K6000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shinichi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I wonder how the manufacturer rate the stiffness of the shaft ? Do they measure it standalone or as part of the whole racquet ?

If they measure it as a whole (maybe using a machine to approximate the swing), would the head heaviness of a racquet then contribute to the shaft flexing more and hence get a higher flex rating ?

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    IMO, TK-6ooo has flexier shaft than MX-JJS. It depends on how u flex/swing the racket the moment just b4 u hit the shuttle...

3. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I have not used a lot for the TK6000 3U as it is my backup racket now. However I feel that the 4U is too light for hitter especially if you like to play attack style in the game, the 4U seems lacked of power.

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    They measure it as a stand-alone piece of tubing.

5. Herrmann

Herrmann Regular Member

Got my TK6k today. My 4U version weighs 87g with BG65 (no overgrips applied yet). Balance point is around 317mm measured from the bottom. This rackets is extremely head heavy and it's also stiffer than I expected it to be. If this is 3/5 stiffness, I wonder what 4/5 or 5/5 feels like. I would rate the stiffness pretty close to VT80 which I thought was a pretty stiff racket in the first place.

Just my 2 cents.

6. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Mine is a 3U with a BP313mm n 93.6g with original grip. Had to agree with some of u guys that the shaft is stiff rather than mid flex. Stiffness is comparable to my RKEP XP70. And defintely the head heaviness is so much pronounced. I think it is the head heaviest of all the Victor model, even compared to the renowned SW35.
    But its growing on me with each session used. Definitely a powerful n stable racket.

7. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Forumer,

I thought my 3U TK6000 is abnormal as it weighs 95gm with string and original grip (plastic still intact) but seems like the 3U models are on the heavy side.

It is a powerful racquet for sure and I feel more comfortable with it now then initially. Due to the weight, it still feels unwieldy and chunky to me and I am not comfortable using it at the net or in fast drive.

I would love to have the 4U version! In fact, now that I am older and the old joints are creaking, I am looking for light racquets. I am looking at the Victor Light Fighter 7400 but didn't find any comprehensive reviews so far though feedback has been good.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

You guys, please remember that string weighs 3.5g and the plastic double wrap weighs 2.5g. There's 6.0g right there already.

9. Smashthecock

Smashthecock Regular Member

Interior Design
    Cheers for that Phaam, AT900t is a quality racket, I haven't tried the Arc 11, however for an allround game and head heaviness there are few rackets that can compete with the VT80

10. Smashthecock

Interior Design
    I agree, as I a said in my review, the tk6000 is stiff. Interestingly, despite me and a fellow club member not liking the tk6000, his son plays real well with it, so i guess it really is a personal thing.

#230 Smashthecock, Dec 9, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  11. Smashthecock

Interior Design
    Teoky,

If you want a racket that does almost everything amazingly well try the Adidas Duoforce - it's great!

12. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Yours is a normal 3U. You have to minus the wt of the plastic wrapper plus the paper sticker which is 2.7g. This was weighed at Chris shop. So yours is 92.3g.
    Yes, initially i too felt uncomfortable with the head heaviness but after 12 hrs of play, am adjusting well to it. And discovering its real potientials accordingly to Paul n Mark reviews. Pl do give yourself sometime n it will grow on u.

13. swunk

swunk Regular Member

LF7400 is way lighter overall than tk6000. not good for singles play. nice for all-around control-type doubles game. has a nice feel. But tk6000 is better all-arounder, more power and enough speed.

14. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Thanks for the recommendation ! I actually do have the Duoforce and it is definitely easier to use than my portly TK6000.

I play doubles 99% of the time and if the opponent is decent enough, I will definitely choose to use the Duoforce rather than the TK6000.

15. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Yes, I do agree that it has potential, just that I still cannot unleash the potential yet. The few times that I use it in game, if I am not being pushed and have the time to react, the power is really good.

16. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Thanks for the feedback. I play doubles almost exclusively so it seems like the LF7400 might be a good fit.

I looked at the LF7300 and LF7000 specs as well and I believe the LF7400 is probably the one that has the best power due to the head heavy balance and mid stiff shaft.

The LF7000 looks interesting as well and it is considerably cheaper than the LF7400 but so far, I have not seen any great feedback on it.

17. swunk

swunk Regular Member

I can't see anyone using a very light even balaced racket like LF7000. You will immediately struggle with power and even clears, i think, unles you play with very fast shuttles.

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

You should have a look at the Light Fighter topic. There are some short reviews, by me as well.
    LF7300 is already cheap enough. LF7000 is even cheaper, but a lot head lighter. There is no real head weight. But I've seen some players using it in doubles in our country.
    Whatever, have a look at the Light Fighter topic :)

19. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Can anyone confirm the fact that longer handle as in MX-JJS will translate to stiffer shaft (as it gets shorter) as compared with another racket with similar flex shaft but shorter handle, assuming all other factors being equal.

20. swunk

swunk Regular Member

these are all huge assumptions
    with all other equals the shorter shaft will be stiffer but that's a very little difference and there are no equal rackets, even the same model can have some production variety, not even talking about comparing to different models.