Victor VE-50

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by AdamMorin, Dec 11, 2022.

1. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Maybe it's never been tried but I've done some research and digging and determined (with high confidence) that ExThree is the OEM of the Victor machines since their machines uniquely use the ratcheted fixed clamps (Head machines use the OEM and clamps)

Is it possible to use the 4 tooth badminton-only fixed clamps from the C-7032 Ultra on the VE-50Pro?
    @SIM YUN KIAT - is it possible for you to provide measurements of the diameter of the hole in the shaft as well as the length of the clamp?

At the same time, i'll try my luck and email Exthree directly if it's possible. At the moment I've been told that the 4 tooth clamps are machined to a different size from the 5 tooth universal fixed clamp (different length and/or diameter??).

FYI: photo is taken directly from Exthree TW site: Top - BE-4702 (badminton only), Bottom - TE-3200 (tennis and badminton)

Update: Crickets from ExThree - via email and via FB messenger. My communication was in English though.

exthree_clamps_TE-3200_vs_BE-4702.png

#41 DarthHowie, Oct 6, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  2. DarthHowie

I'm now a recently converted Gudgeon knot user. Thank you Alan! I've now also experimented with using a starting clamp outside the frame to start the crosses. All these changes are in direct response to a client being a frequent bottom miss-hitter (with the astrox 100 zz) and was previously a frequent top miss-hitter with the Z-force 2 (i shrug my shoulders).

As stringers we're always looking to improve wherever we can and try new approaches.

kakinami likes this.
  3. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

It is possible to use C-7032 Ultra clamps on VE-50 Pro, but the clamp is lighter so it may sometimes (10%-20% maybe) not able to unlock the clamp base by dropping.

#43 EpicBlue, Oct 15, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
    DarthHowie likes this.
  4. DarthHowie

i always release the clamp base first followed by the clamp so that shouldn't be an issue. That's great to hear though it would be good customer service from Exthree to reply and confirm as well.

5. Canadaguyy

Canadaguyy Regular Member

Can you check private messages when you get the time?

6. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

Its about 6.75cm in length and 1.4cm ID.

DarthHowie likes this.
  7. DarthHowie

Thanks for the reply.

The VE-50 Pro fixed clamp has the following specs:
    Inside diameter: 14mm
    Full Height: 121 mm
    Post height: ~64.5 mm
    Clamp Width: 40mm
    Model #: H-0102-11

@SIM YUN KIAT: could you give me the model # etched on the side of the clamp like I have above?

Thanks

8. Wtia373

Wtia373 New Member

Hi, does the VE-50 pro clamp works with VM-200S?
    I'm struggling with clamping the last cross with the current clamp. Any suggestion ?TIA

9. DarthHowie

The 5 tooth universal clamp on the VE-50pro will not fit on the top most cross of most Astrox Pro level rackets. The only solution at the moment is a fly clamp.

Whether the clamp fits in general to your machine, you'd have to measure the dimensions of your base clamp.

** based on the pics of the VM-2000s the base clamp is completely different from those on the 7032 Pro and VE-50pro. You'd have to order both the clamp bases and the clamps. Probably not worth the upgrade. You should look at the 3rd party clamps like these:
    Just make sure you measure and get the correct post diameter. If the clamp length is longer, it shouldn't be a problem but may be an issue if it's too short (may not disengage your base clamp if there is gravity release)

#49 DarthHowie, Jan 8, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  10. DarthHowie

On another note, Exthree finally replied to me.... o_O
    And all they asked was how did i get my machine. Response: just told them the truth and sent a photo of my ve-50pro clamps. This reminds me of the time when i ordered fixed clamps from Toyozouki and they asked for the Serial # of the Yonex Machine. At least i was honest with them that i didn't own one and just wanted their clamps (price be damned).

11. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I want this machine so baaaad :oops::oops:. There is one priced at 5K€ but it is so overkill for my use :rolleyes:

12. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    It does not. The clamps on the VE-50 has a hollowed out post, where as the VM2000S doesnt.

Wtia373 and DarthHowie like this.
  13. DarthHowie

Your current machine is already really really good for a "starter". All the components are of high high quality. Terrific value. I'm a big fan of the press down base clamp (vs swivel).

I just like to tinker.

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  14. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

It really is haha, just a wish of somewhat the ultimate stringing machine for me :rolleyes:

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

This. 100%. I seriously wonder why none of the big brands have come up with a similar concept an selling it as the re-invention of sliced bread.

DarthHowie and akatsuki2104 like this.
  16. Wtia373

Wtia373 New Member

Thank you for the tips!

17. DarthHowie

@SIM YUN KIAT - is the model # etched on the side of your clamps: I-0018-03?

Thanks in advance

18. DarthHowie

Update: Exthree replied back to me and said they can't help me and that I should order directly from Victor. I guess the manufacturer will only do volume shipments instead of individual customers.

19. DarthHowie

As you know based on my previous machine I'm never satisfied and i like mods. I ordered these badminton supports (recommended by @s_mair) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005391441596.html to give them a try. Installation was almost smooth as I had stripped one of the bolts as they were overtightened by the manufacturer as the supports were preassembled to the arms. It took a screw extractor and running to the nearest hardware store to find an M5 bolt 16mm or 18mm in length. Unfortunately it's a round head so I'll need to replace it with a correct flat head socket cap screw (Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CNZ9HJT?th=1).

*Note* the bolts for the rails are extremely tight as well as I failed to disassemble those to clean and in the future try to install my xpider clamp base. I'll likely use a ratcheted socket wrench and hopefully i don't strip those too. lesson learned.

PXL_20240306_132647388.jpg PXL_20240306_161148078.jpg

s_mair and akatsuki2104 like this.
  20. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Can you find those bolts on Aliexpress? I changed mine on my Precision 8.0 =)
    Sorry not a great angle but in bed and too lazy to get out. Original bolts for Precision 8.0 are black, I changed mine to silver.[​IMG]

Sent from my SC-01L using Tapatalk