RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Areku????

Areku???? Regular Member

enough to survive
    dsmbooster,im sorry..but my first 9500 seemed to be ok but the second 9500,there you have it.i really don't know whether i should get other series or wait for the replacement..went to the shop and saw my broken 9500 was still hanging there!?i was like 'WTF'?? thought the agent has already collected my racket and sent for checking..?? what are they thinking man?is that the way they treat their customers?i didn't say much but told the owner he had better do something about it or else i will complain..i don't think i'll be getting the 9600 as i think it doesn't suit my playing style after i tried my friend's.X3 silver is great too but still i prefer 9500..hope to hear a good news from you bro.

2. Isamu

Isamu Regular Member

Employee
    Hi, so lucky me . . . . I have my 9500 strung @ 28lbs with 2 clashes (1 direct with another 9500) and numerous mis hits . . . . still alive and kicking. X3 silver is a good alternative to 9500 but on the heavy side. I use both, silver for training games & drills . . . . 9500 for competition. . . .

3. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    hi Areku, I just called the shop, and haven't got respond from them, they ask to call back tomorrow, WTF, i demand to talk to the owner, they hide away from me, even though I know they are there, cuz they'r always there, they collect the money, don't leave this to their employees! wtf, they just want dragging us, and we have to bother them to death, is this the game they play? should we talk to the local distributor or get customer support? or call head office for them to resolve this?
    does any1 know how the racquet shops run? do they buy racquets without warrantees for less than other shops with full warrantee? for cheaper price so they could stay in competitive, but things go wrong they must pay with their own pocket money? that's y they'r hesitate to cover the damage!
    does any1 went thru this problem? should we start complain at regional level, if it doens't work out , we'll move up to head office?

4. super daloydoy

super daloydoy Regular Member

nasa loob
    have played again last night and i often mishit the bird, it hits at the frame on my smash. luckily me my 9500 is still on..

5. heat_9180

heat_9180 New Member

Technical Analyst
    Has anyone tried Heat 9180?I bought mine last week and Iv'e just used it about 2x only:( since and i can say this racket is really good for control (strung @ 25lbs, RSL Super Ti 630 [.64 gauge]). I don't get much power when smashing:confused: but it is great when it comes to net play;). It is cheaper than 9500 but better looking:cool:.

Can anyone give some feedback from this racket?Performance vs 9500?:)

#1405 heat_9180, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  6. dsmbooster

financial analyst
    after struggling with warrantee process, finally I got a replacement for my 9500, the bad news is it's a fake one too, I paid $50 US for this racquet which is pretty cheap compare to prices in Asia. I think they got it from China for $10 US, with high quality. at first they agree to cover 50% replacement, but I have to fight with them. warrantee only 1 time within 3 months.
    I figure out how they make a huge profit, by selling high quality fake racquets, under 1 condition for replacement, that the racquet doesn't have a scratch, which is rare, because with a little paint chip they refuse to cover warrantee.
    if warrantee needed? they are willing to give you a new piece, do the math,
    buy $10 Us sell for $50, in worse case scenario, earn less than 10 bux.
    for all 9500 owners please indicate your buying prices and locations,
    mine is in HCM city VN $50 US

7. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Thanks for your feedback and alerting the rest of us.

I always believe if it is too good to be true, than it probably is !

You pay for quality, that's what I believe. You want cheap, sure, but surely something got to give.

8. Calvin Ong

Calvin Ong Regular Member

Student of UPM
    See what happen to my X2 blue due to misshit to frame when smash.:crying::crying::crying:

Attached Files:

9. Isamu

Isamu Regular Member

Employee
    Mine is $79 US, but since most of my stuff came from that store I was able to get it $68 US with RSL Ti String, bought 2 pieces and no paint chip yet though some numerous clashes. I know this store was the authorized RSL dealer here in the Philippines.

10. dsmbooster

financial analyst
    teoky, the price is about $50 to $55 here in VN. and they dont' have authorize dealer here in VN, you can check RSL website. and they told me they imported from Singapore. I didn't buy from anywhere, I bought it from a reputable stores here.
    Teoky : price doesn't reflex quality. the fake one from China range about 10-15 US on any brands and any models. you can have an Arcsaber for $15 US too. that's ok with me, but for a racquet 10-15 US and sell for $50 is a rip off, not that i want cheap product!!!
    there're some information missing on this racquet and other series, you guys can help me to find out. which country made? to be distributed in Asia? (should be on the product) eg. yonex has different code, like jp, sp, th..... my RSLs only have the words RSL England at the logo.
    is each of the racquet has a unique serial number? both of mine 9500 have the same # RSL 0081MX , and the 7320 has no number on it. also my previous laser 6900 and fire power have no #.
    couple years ago, there was a store imported RSL from authorize dealer in Hongkong. most of his prices is double market price, so he demanded an answer from HK why he' got higher prices for the same product his competitors got ? and he's out of business.

#1410 dsmbooster, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  11. Areku????

Areku???? Regular Member

enough to survive
    Hei dsmbooster.its good to hear that you finally got your new replacement.my luck doesnt change,still waiting..wow Ong,sorry to see that man..we know how you feel dude,it sucks..anyway what you gonna do about it man?hope to hear good news from you too.

12. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    My opinion is that you have to pay for quality, but if you can get quality at cheap price, why not ?

You mentioned that the shop told you they import from Singapore ? That is a giveaway as there isn't a shop here that sell RSL racquets. From my understanding, the RSL distributor isn't keen to bring in the racquets, only focus on shuttlecocks.

13. Calvin Ong

Calvin Ong Regular Member

Student of UPM
    I have another RSL 9900 to play with. No worry. will hang it and display on the wall of my room... haha

14. Y@R@Y

Y@R@Y Regular Member

ITO Support Engineer
    hi all, after read 84 pages of this thread. I found alot of RSL owner owned a AT700. And the thread has not much review on Ti100, 7490 n 8700.↲↲I'm here to share my view on the X2 Gold. I used to play wit yonex AT700 for 3 years, and i owned 2 old 3U AT700 n 1 new TH 4U AT700. Due to the famous frame issue for yonex armortec, i bought n tried the extra stiff 2U X2 Gold last year. ↲↲A very strange thing i found was, the 2U X2 Gold was lighter than my 4U TH AT700... Not sure all the AT700 owners here have the same feeling or not? ↲ ↲Certainly, the x2 gold has the stiffest shaft around. But i cant feel the head heaviness as it should, and it's definitely a fast racket to me. I can descript it something like the yonex 1st gen 3u Ti10 or the ns9000x.↲↲Now, i'm looking for something similar to AT800DE within RSL. Because RSL provides a really good quality n price. Can anyone advice me a model wit head heavier n shaft flexi than the x2 gold? As i refer to the chart, ti100, 7490 n 8700 might be what i looking for?

15. bettinadea

bettinadea Regular Member

does anyone know if heat 7490 or 7900 is any good? or is the diamond x2 better? btw, is there anywhere where we can order rsl rackets online that ships to california?

16. NanoNano

NanoNano New Member

Sales Executive
    Does anyone know how much for H9500 in RM?

17. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Indeed, RSL X2 Gold's frame is so solid!

18. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I remember seeing it for RM270 from Honly but best to call the boss to double confirm.

19. NanoNano

NanoNano New Member

Sales Executive
    Thanks Teoky. The price almost same with x3 gold, i'm thinking to have one since those reviews are positive.

20. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    The price is definitely very attractive ! Actually I was considering getting the X3 Silver but when I compare the build quality to the ones that I saw in Bangkok, it is not as good. I end up getting the Gosen Boonsak model, no regrets !

I wonder if the RSL racquets in Malaysia comes from a different factory than the one in Thailand ?